bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Little Noir Stories: The Case of the Missing Girl technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 24, 10 1:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Donick2
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

Re:Post any Little Noir Stories: The Case of the Missing Girl technical issues here only

[Post New]by Donick2 on Apr 24, 10 2:37 AM
Just after free demo hour the game suddenly locks & just have blank screen
anyone else got this problem?

andyjen
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:Post any Little Noir Stories: The Case of the Missing Girl technical issues here only

[Post New]by andyjen on Apr 24, 10 3:45 AM
Hi had the same problem. Played demo then bought the game. Tried to play then blank screen. It is becoming annoying, it is happening a lot lately with other games as well. They either freeze or error reports come up. Andyjen.

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on Apr 24, 10 4:35 AM
Same problem. game has locked in pause at beginning of chapter 4. Each time game wanted to "save your progress" it took ages, but this time it won't advance at all. Shame because I'm really enjoying it. Any ideas as to how to fix?
Cheers

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Apr 24, 10 7:52 AM
Same problem.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Apr 24, 10 8:09 AM
Each time game wanted to "save your progress" it took ages, but this time it won't advance at all.

Same here. Had happened before with taking ages to save, but so far had come back. I was well into chapter 5 when it saved automatically again - and well, it didn't. Had to end it via the task manager, all progress of chapter 5 was lost, and since then the black screen comes up again every time I'm trying to save OR play, i.e. in every important scene like zooming in to the statue-puzzle in the backyard. Very annoying.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Apr 24, 10 8:37 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm sorry to hear that you are getting a blank screen after purchasing the game. Sometimes a blank screen can be fixed with updates to your video card drivers and/or Direct X. Here is a help article with more information Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

You can also contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

flaxin
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by flaxin on Apr 24, 10 8:38 AM
I'm having the same problem also, it won't continue past the save around level 5 even though in task manager it's running. Hopefully there will be a fix on this as I don't want to start over just to have it happen again.

running in Windows XP and I do like the game a lot. Great story, I want to know what happens!!

Thanks.

[Post New]by terriel on Apr 24, 10 9:40 AM
Well, I can't get very far at all. After entering my name in profile and clicking on "classic mode" my screen starts flashing gray and white and the cursor gets jerky and nothing else happens. I'm running Vista on a 32 bit system.

Diana_Mc
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Diana_Mc on Apr 24, 10 10:10 AM
I had problems finding the game menu; I minimized it to check the forums, returned to the game and scrolled right to find it. Then it stuck on "Pause" and wouldn't unlock. I could toggle between a couple of screens but still on Pause.

I had to use Task Manager to end it.

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Apr 24, 10 10:31 AM
I was doing fine with the demo and then I had to get up and do something so I paused the screen. Now it won't unpause and I have to go to task manager to get out of the game altogether. When I go back in to the game, it still shows the pause and then again with task manager. Unless this is fixed, naturally I will not be buying the game.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Apr 24, 10 10:33 AM
terriel wrote:Well, I can't get very far at all. After entering my name in profile and clicking on "classic mode" my screen starts flashing gray and white and the cursor gets jerky and nothing else happens. I'm running Vista on a 32 bit system.

I'm having the same problem...I updated the video driver but that didn't fix it. I don't have the time to pursue this...oh well.

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Apr 24, 10 12:19 PM
Had to cut this one short. For some reason the the help screens would blink and not turn off. Went to the controls to try and reset but nothing. Still flashing at me. Tried to play around it but gave me a headache. I was really enjoying this game. To bad I couldn't finish the demo.

lynn106
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by lynn106 on Apr 24, 10 1:58 PM
The same thing happened to me. It got stuck saving, even though the task manager says it's running. I got out and went back in and then it's stuck loading the game. All of the comments sound as if you know Big Fish won't refund your money for a game that doesn't work. Is that true?

I was really enjoying playing the game and I'm disappointed that I can't finish it. I'm not going to cry over $6.99, but I don't like throwing my money out the window either.

FunIt
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by FunIt on Apr 24, 10 2:04 PM
Same problem here. Saving takes longer and longer, when I close it in Taskmanager I can't load the game afterwards.
And don't gine me that driver update stuff, it's definitely the game! Very annoying.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Apr 24, 10 2:10 PM
I was able to play up until the part where the detective thinks he sees a little girl, then all of a sudden the screen became black and then it went to my game manager and I waited for it to say "time's up" but it never did, so I clicked on the game again and up came the black screen again so it looks like I'll have to bring up the task manager in order to get out of the game.

Bboo2
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Bboo2 on Apr 24, 10 2:13 PM
The game did the same lock up for me too. I hit the Ctrl+alt +delete, then when the computer was shut down I rebooted and re-opened the game. The arrow was there and it takes a little while for the game to download to start. No problems from then on. I finished the game and it is a neat one.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 24, 10 2:54 PM
Diana_Mc wrote:I had problems finding the game menu; I minimized it to check the forums, returned to the game and scrolled right to find it. Then it stuck on "Pause" and wouldn't unlock. I could toggle between a couple of screens but still on Pause.

I had to use Task Manager to end it.

same here - i saw that someone had posted in one of the threads asking how to get the game off "pause" and i thought it must be a mistake or something, but here i am, right where you guys are... how can this happen?

the truth is - i beta tested this game and what i played through in their demo had no major bugs... so where did this come from?

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Apr 24, 10 2:55 PM
lynn106 wrote:All of the comments sound as if you know Big Fish won't refund your money for a game that doesn't work. Is that true?
I don't think so, lynn - actually is trying very much to be helpful as well as generous. Write to Customer Support via the green envelope on the right side and they will try to help you solve the problem or give you a game coupon, I'm rather sure. It's just that one would have preferred playing the game, isn't it!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 24, 10 2:58 PM
it just got me again! and none of my progress is saving so i'm stuck backtracking... ok, this is annoying... and the game is pausing itself - ???

Go to: