bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Review for BugBits

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 24, 10 1:42 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of BugBits? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Amari
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for BugBits

[Post New]by Amari on Apr 25, 10 6:31 AM
I think this game is great! The graphics are excellent and the game play is interesting and keeps you on your toes! I love it!

[Post New]by great_blues_hero on Apr 25, 10 1:29 PM
I agree, Amari! This game is so cool! It's unique - a cross between a strategy game and a more "arcade" type of game. The graphics are awesome and the concept is great. I don't usually like "arcade" types of games but this one has enough strategy aspects to make it really appealing.

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Apr 25, 10 1:36 PM
I'm gonna try this game because I prefer games that are 150 MBs and over. It looks to be a great game and certainly seems to be something different.

[Post New]by rocksea5 on Apr 25, 10 4:32 PM
This is a fun little game.. very unique and addicting! The bugs are just adorable and the whole thing just has a feel-good, relaxing vibe to it! Will probably buy next month!

Slite
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Slite on May 1, 10 3:35 AM
Surprisingly cool little game. It feels more complex than you'd expect when all you're doing is choosing which bug to send out next and which hole they should emerge from.

Can anyone say how many levels it has/how long it lasts?

Edited on 05/02/2010 at 6:05:29 PM PST

[Post New]by auringonhattu on May 1, 10 7:22 AM
Slite wrote:
Can anyone say how many level it has/how long it lasts?

See the empty slots on the map where all the new quests appear? They indicate quests that you haven't unlocked yet. I haven't played it any further than the 1-hour trial, but my guess is that once you've unlocked and successfully completed all of those quests, that's it - game finished.

Based on the 1-hour trial this looks like a fun and pretty little game that also requires you to think a bit before acting. I like it, and will buy it.

Slite
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Slite on May 1, 10 6:27 PM
Thanks auringonhattu!

sonbanon
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by sonbanon on May 4, 10 12:23 PM
This is one of the best tower defense games I've played in ages. Definitely one of my top 10 favorite games ever.

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on May 5, 10 9:41 PM
Not too many tower defense games on BF so glad to see something different. I haven't gotten very far--I'm actually terrible at these kinds of game, but it is definitely keeping me occupied. It's good, but no Plants vs Zombies

[Post New]by incaqueen on May 7, 10 11:28 AM
I thought this game is very confusing and not enough of an intro to figure it out for me to even start. ?? I will try game cheats

Caselli
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Caselli on May 9, 10 4:52 AM
incaqueen wrote:I thought this game is very confusing and not enough of an intro to figure it out for me to even start. ?? I will try game cheats

There's a help button in the game (on the bottom of the screen). If you find the game confusing I suggest you to read the info there before trying cheats.
The hints (appearing over the help button) are also useful.

The first couple of levels are very easy and you don't have to hurry. There's enough time to just watch what happens and figure out the controls...

Happy gaming!

Brandyco
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Brandyco on May 25, 10 8:22 PM
Really fun game! It's sorta like a tower defense with legs...

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Aug 15, 10 9:23 PM
Another great game that isn't my usual type I thought I'd like to play! This one is really cool, you have a close up view of your hive with 4-6 entrances directly across from the enemy's five with the same. The game gives you different scenarios to either attack or defend against. Sometimes you are rescuing a fellow bug, which will later join your arsenal for the remainder of the game. I have to admit on level 1 I had no clue what I was doing or how to control anything, but somehow I ended up winning and the more I played, the more you figure out. The game is very fun - very strategic. You often have a choice between multiple missions to accept so you can hold off on tougher ones until you think you are ready. I definitely will be purchasing this one, it's not like any other I have ever played but really enjoyed it.

BUCKWHEAT1
Flounder
Flounder
2,106 Posts

[Post New]by BUCKWHEAT1 on Aug 15, 10 9:39 PM
Just go with it!!!!!!!!!!

Mannolo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Mannolo on Aug 25, 10 1:16 PM
Amazing!!!! I really love this game, this became my favourite one! I spent a lot of hours playing the game, and I enjoyed the gathering and the WAR! I could not stop playing!!!
I'am looking forward playing BugBits2! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brandyco
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Brandyco on Oct 19, 10 9:38 PM
Bug Bits 2??!!??? Too good to hope for. Love this game. Played it a while back and then came back to it. Still an outstanding game with lots of play in it. Fun to play as two player. Holding breath and waiting for another installment.

adelia6
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by adelia6 on Nov 30, 10 1:48 AM
I know how long it lasts. It has 39 levels and i am up to 36.

adelia6
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by adelia6 on Apr 5, 11 1:25 AM
adelia6 wrote:I know how long it lasts. It has 39 levels and i am up to 36.
I have actually finished.

adelia6
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by adelia6 on Apr 5, 11 1:30 AM
Brandyco wrote:Bug Bits 2??!!??? Too good to hope for. Love this game. Played it a while back and then came back to it. Still an outstanding game with lots of play in it. Fun to play as two player. Holding breath and waiting for another installment.
I just went on the internet for BugBits and i saw you comment!!!!!

Go to: