To Friends of Miranda, 529244 PC, update failed

[Post New]by Miranda_Serena on Jul 1, 17 4:46 PM
My update failed yesterday, and I am awaiting tech support. Thank you for your patience--I'll let you know when I'm back.

Regards,
Miranda

Re:To Friends of Miranda, 529244 PC, update failed

[Post New]by BlueBird__101 on Jul 1, 17 5:18 PM
Miranda, Hi. Are you running windows 10??? If so, I know what to do

[Post New]by Miranda_Serena on Jul 1, 17 5:55 PM
Yes, I am on PC using Windows 10.

Miranda

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Jul 1, 17 6:45 PM
You need to close out of your game. Then go to settings, change your screen resolution to 1200 x 1600 or some other setting. Then try to open your game, if it opens, close it and go back to your settings and put the screen resolution back to its original setting (usually says recommended next to it). Then you can open your game again and everything should be fine. Good

[Post New]by BlueBird__101 on Jul 1, 17 9:39 PM
Ok, the fix should be easy. Launch your BF app. Look at top right. See the option gear. Click on it; Go to download tab. Open that. Change to manual download and follow the screen. Make sure once you in game to download the FULL content. That is the gear at right top of screen, like you are logging out. OK, hope this works for you. Good luck. Have a great day in game and in life.

[Post New]by Miranda_Serena on Jul 2, 17 4:48 PM
Thank you very much BlueBird_101 and Sharp_Eye574363 for your suggestions.

It seems that I can't try again to install the update until I close out of Midnight Castle. It is playing somewhere in the background on my computer. I don't know how to access it to close out of it. Exiting the BFG app and turning off and on my computer, several times, don't close the game.

I am awaiting further instructions from tech support, who want me to uninstall and reinstall the game, but the uninstall cannot happen until I can close the game.

More suggestions are welcome! :-) ?

Regards,
Miranda

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Jul 2, 17 4:55 PM
Miranda, have you used Ctrl + Alt + Del (all at the same time) to open your task manager? Then find MC running in the background, highlight it and click End Task. This should force it to close. Hope this will work

[Post New]by Miranda_Serena on Jul 2, 17 7:26 PM
Thank you, I opened the Task Manager. It does not show Midnight Castle running. Maybe the message that MC is running is itself a glitch . . .

Looking forward to the new HOSes etc,
Miranda

[Post New]by BlueBird__101 on Jul 4, 17 7:50 AM
You may need to Defrag your hard drive, if your drive is 10 percent or more it may not show programs running in back ground, and try running your virus scanner. I don't use win. for viruses because it never gets them all. I use Super Anti Spyware. There are other on the net. Tons are free for a few weeks, but then you have to pay to continue using it. Look for a trail version on the spyware/virus/malware. Never use the totally free spyware as they "STINK" Hope this works for you. Have a great day in game and in life.

Edited on 07/04/2017 at 9:13:39 AM PST

Go to: