How do they make babies???

[Post New]by migselv1 on Apr 24, 10 5:14 AM
I've tried to make them go into a the wedding hut by putting them on each other - but that doesn't make any babies...

robbsmom
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,285 Posts

Re:How do they make babies???

[Post New]by robbsmom on Apr 24, 10 6:24 AM
don't give up, try different peep's

Gemini11
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Gemini11 on Apr 24, 10 7:59 AM
You could also set the skill of some peeps to "Parenting" to get some babies.

annatar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
425 Posts

[Post New]by annatar on Apr 24, 10 8:59 AM
You need to ensure that your couple are at a fertile age. Those under 18 won't do it, neither will women past 40 or men past 50. You also need to make sure neither of them is hungry or sick, and you must have enough cottages to support the population you can have. Build another cottage if you're unsure if you've reached the population cap.

When placing people on top of each other, watch the population counter on top of the screen. If they succeed in making a baby, the number will change immediately, before they go into the shack. So if they don't "make it", you'll know at once and don't have to wait until they've been to the shack and come out again. If their ages and health and everything else is ok, you can simply continue "forcing" them on each other until it "takes". It shouldn't take too long.

Oh, and to save time - do it near the love shack so they don't have far to walk.

Edited on 04/24/2010 at 2:21:39 PM PST

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Apr 24, 10 9:20 AM
I always do the "speed kissing" thing, so no need for lengthy trips to the Pretty Shack.
I also had a 63 yr. old mother, no clue how that happened....and my men have never had a problem fathering children at any age....as long as the appropriate skill is checked.
I've not looked at the home site forum so I can't explain why an old woman could possibly get pregnant. The only other game this could happen in was VV 1.

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Apr 24, 10 10:41 AM
memawclay2 wrote:I always do the "speed kissing" thing, so no need for lengthy trips to the Pretty Shack.
I also had a 63 yr. old mother, no clue how that happened....and my men have never had a problem fathering children at any age....as long as the appropriate skill is checked.
I've not looked at the home site forum so I can't explain why an old woman could possibly get pregnant. The only other game this could happen in was VV 1.

The 63 yo mom happened when you had "parenting" checked and you exited the game. I've had moms in their 70s!! It ONLY works if you have "parenting" checked for the older women and you exit the game (not paused!) for a minimum of 30 minutes. Sometimes it takes longer!

[Post New]by VanityofVanities on Apr 24, 10 2:01 PM

The 63 yo mom happened when you had "parenting" checked and you exited the game. I've had moms in their 70s!! It ONLY works if you have "parenting" checked for the older women and you exit the game (not paused!) for a minimum of 30 minutes. Sometimes it takes longer!

Lmao... When they are that age they want to do it with the lights off.

Gemini11
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Gemini11 on Apr 24, 10 3:11 PM
It is even better to tell the kids a story to get a better parenting level.

Lyvia
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by Lyvia on Apr 25, 10 8:01 AM
There's also a shortcut to get Master Parents if anyone is interested or didn't figure it out already.

[Post New]by sushilover11 on May 16, 10 11:11 AM
whats the shortcut i'm stuck.....

[Post New]by sushilover11 on May 16, 10 7:47 PM
VanityofVanities wrote:

ya mine too it was weird i left it alone for like 2 hours and bam omg she is 70 years old and she has a child.....

Oceanshimmer
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Oceanshimmer on Aug 22, 11 8:51 PM
Choose a male and a female that in the age group described above. Put them on top of each other until you see the population at the top go up by one. You can then either let them go into the love shack or simply drag them apart from each other. The woman will then be carrying a baby in her arms. Note that the lady will be holding the baby for a few hours (2 for fast, 4 for normal, 8 for slow speed- you can change the speed by going to the options under the menu). This is equivalent to 2 years in their time. She will not be able to do ANYTHING for that time, so pick a lady that isn't that talented.

Cultistmum
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by Cultistmum on Aug 28, 11 1:18 PM
Also for faster Master Parenting - pause the game. Choose two adults with preference set for Parenting (the older the better, less chance she will get pregnant). Drop them on each other continuously and after about 4o drops one with no parenting skills becomes a Master. This only works when your population is below its maximum, so when you get a drop in numbers pause quickly and get dropping. It's the easiest way to get Scholars, because no other skill seems to have a speed drop option like this.

FireNinetails
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by FireNinetails on Oct 11, 11 12:39 PM
Tips on getting children
1) drop a villager on another villager of the opposite gender. Their action box will say "going indoors" or something of the sort. Wait until the box under the action box says "this villager has just increased in parenting" or something of the sort.
2) do not wait until they go to the loveshack - you don't need to. Check the female's detail screen, it should say "nursing for ________ minutes" under the health bar.
3) if the female screen does not say "nursing for _________ minutes under the health bar, repeat step 1 until it does.
4) after the detail screen of the female states she is pregnent, pick her up and drop her down again - she will have a baby in her arms. You can now dismiss the male.

Go to: