Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rescue Quest Gold Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 4, 17 12:42 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 07/04/2017 at 6:43:56 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rescue Quest Gold Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by PandaBlueBaby on Jul 4, 17 12:57 AM
Games freezes up on level 6..When it says to double click the highlighted area to create a power up. Nothing happens and you cannot move forward. Even restarting the level it will do the same thing.

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Jul 4, 17 1:53 AM
PandaBlueBaby wrote:Games freezes up on level 6..When it says to double click the highlighted area to create a power up. Nothing happens and you cannot move forward. Even restarting the level it will do the same thing.
same thing is happening with me
even after deleting and installing again.
cisca

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Jul 4, 17 4:17 AM
same thing happens to me; It won't let you go any farther. Windows Vista

[Post New]by wanderingwomble on Jul 4, 17 5:23 AM
On level 10 I failed to complete in the allocated number of moves. A popup opens up inviting me to retry. I click on 'retry', but nothing happens. I can't close the popup. I tried using the button to restart the level, but it starts with that same popup. I've also tried exiting to the map, but the retry box stays on the screen and blocks me from even exiting the game. I finally had to kill the game.

Playing on Mac OSSierra 10.12.5

[Post New]by sobosdonna on Jul 4, 17 5:31 AM
I am playing ( or trying to play) on Win 10. The game opens but every time i click "play" or another other button on the home screen of the game, the game minimizes and nothing happens.

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Jul 4, 17 5:35 AM
Playing on WIN 10. I'm having the same issue with the game freezing up on level 6.

Update...

I went back and tried to play level 6 again...kept clicking around and I was finally able to get the little guy to move... am now on level 11 and so far there hasn't been any more glitches...we'll see.

Edited on 07/04/2017 at 6:20:41 AM PST

lawse1
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by lawse1 on Jul 4, 17 5:49 AM
level 6 tried double clicking it does not work

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 4, 17 6:45 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator
Mac Game Troubleshooting

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Customer Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jul 4, 17 7:47 AM
I had hope for this game, but it is glitchy. I had the same problem as everyone else on level 6. This and the fact that there in no untimed/no limit move option, I have to say no buy for me.
By the way, the canned response of "Big Fish Help, did not work

lilorange
Flounder
Flounder
2,206 Posts

[Post New]by lilorange on Jul 4, 17 7:59 AM
Have had the same problem of freezing up on two different levels. Also, on some the music seems to stall out like a broken record skipping. I so love BoomZap games, so I hope they come up with a fix on this!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 4, 17 9:42 AM
Hi Old_Man_River and lilorange,

I'm sorry to hear that your games continue to freeze on different levels. Please keep in mind that the help pages that are mentioned in the above responses are always provided as they are the fastest way to getting players to enjoy their game. The forums aren't equipped with the appropriate tools to troubleshoot these issues beyond what the Big Fish Games Help pages can provide.

I have gone ahead and passed along the contents of this thread regarding the freezing issues on the different levels. If any information is brought to our attention, the forums will be updated. In the meantime, players are encouraged to reach out to the Support Team if the above help pages do not resolve the issue. The Support Team has the appropriate tools to provide further assistance.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If any questions arise, feel free to reach out to any of the moderators.

bfgBellerophon

lilyfantn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by lilyfantn on Jul 4, 17 12:34 PM
I also got past level 6 by clicking around a ton of times. But then I got a bit further in the game (level 14 maybe?) and ater freeing the sparkley things from their cage the game kept going. It was the first level with the imp so I tried looking back to see if I had to get rid of him before I could exit the level but it was nowhere to be found. Finally after making lots more matches I got the "too bad you lose because you didn't free the sparkely guys" ... WELL I DID A WHILE BACK!! Very glitchy game.

moondances
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by moondances on Jul 4, 17 1:51 PM
When I click play, I get music and nothing!!! If I click anywhere on the screen, the music stops and still nothing- When I say screen, I mean my regular screen, not the game-I can't even see the game-I must CAD just to get out-Have deleted and re-installed to no avail-Very disappointing

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jul 4, 17 4:59 PM
lawse1 wrote:level 6 tried double clicking it does not work

The same thing happened to me. Some folks have gotten past this point by madly clicking around randomly so I will try that, but it hardly seems like an optimal solution to what is obviously a glitch.

1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Jul 4, 17 7:00 PM
I am running Win 10 and having the same issue on level 6. Not matter how may times I double click on the indicated area nothing happens and I am unable to proceed any further with the game.

nintendomo
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by nintendomo on Jul 4, 17 9:47 PM
Windows10, Same problem as some others are having. If I click on Play on the opening screen, or any of the other buttons, the game minimizes and I return to my desktop. I can't even get into the game and I am beyond frustrated!!! Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't work. Have tried all of the usual panaceas and NONE of them work. So beyond annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Jul 5, 17 4:13 PM
I am playing on Windows 10 and not having any issues with freezing and such.

Updated list of accomplishments that don't show as completed and should be as far as I can tell.

First 5 (this is the very first accomplishment in the list)
Critter 1 ( I have Critter 2 -- so I should have Critter 1)
Greenleaf Forest
Turnspell Academy

I am on level 54. And have 3 stars in all levels up to that point.

Any thoughts on what is going on with the accomplishments?

Edited on 07/07/2017 at 8:00:48 AM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jul 5, 17 9:26 PM
Same problem for me:
"Games freezes up on level 6..When it says to double click the highlighted area to create a power up. Nothing happens and you cannot move forward. Even restarting the level it will do the same thing."

[Post New]by fatass55 on Jul 6, 17 8:10 AM
ciscaR8 wrote:
PandaBlueBaby wrote:Games freezes up on level 6..When it says to double click the highlighted area to create a power up. Nothing happens and you cannot move forward. Even restarting the level it will do the same thing.
same thing is happening with me
even after deleting and installing again.
cisca

Go to: