Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Fire of Olympus Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 6, 17 12:40 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 07/06/2017 at 11:21:07 AM PST

Staril
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Fire of Olympus Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Staril on Jul 6, 17 2:10 AM
After playing the full version for a while I needed to close it down but the menu button doesn't work and the escape key has no reaction. I tabbed out but when I came back it was to a black screen and could do nothing. Eventually an access error showed and I could escape. I tried the game again but the menu button etc was still not working. Windows 10.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Fire of Olympus Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jul 6, 17 9:42 AM
When I descended into the valley, the game locked up. The music continued to play, but nothing could be done and there was no inventory or controls on the screen. I had to use task master to get out of the game. I'm using the updated version of Win 10

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 6, 17 11:20 AM
Howdy Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Windows 10

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the Big Fish Games Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can contact our Support Team with the form on that linked page. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgIlinalta

Skeptix
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Skeptix on Jul 6, 17 2:36 PM
Echoing Staril's tech issue.

iMac Retina 5k

The game plays very well but the Menu button does not highlight when hovered. The only way to exit is to Force Quit the entire program. No Menu options can be accessed except from the front screen when first booting the game.

[Post New]by psychogala75 on Jul 6, 17 7:51 PM
At the HO puzzle where you are suppose to get the key mold there's nothing to insert into the bag to get it. I hit hint and it says "I suppose I'M done here' and when I back out and hit hint again, it directs back to the same HO puzzle..There is something obviously missing from this particular puzzle, Can you please fix this and send an update as soon as possible? Otherwise great game.

Thank you!

hangel1
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by hangel1 on Jul 7, 17 8:23 AM
I am having the same problem with the ho puzzle. There is no list of objects to collect. So am unable to get mold. I am using windows 7. Is this yet another Epix game I cannot play?

RIHope08
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by RIHope08 on Jul 7, 17 12:26 PM
Running Windows 10 stuck on HOP to get key mold.

Help, I like this game.

[Post New]by txscwgrl66 on Jul 7, 17 7:09 PM
Same issue with the Key Mold H/O scene, now I am very disappointed as this is two games in a row that I get near the end and can not play any further! Have had NO other issues with the game until this one! All was fine til H/O scene!

[Post New]by Rockerbaby100187 on Jul 8, 17 8:44 AM
I am stuck as well with the Key issue. I am on a MAC thanks!

[Post New]by marylou1234 on Jul 8, 17 9:50 AM
I am not able to get the key mold in the hops

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jul 8, 17 4:52 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience, and I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble with the game.

When a PC game won't respond to commands or isn't reacting properly, we recommend checking that the computer's video card driver is up to date. We also suggest running the game with administrator permissions to ensure it has the resources it needs to operate smoothly. I've included help pages with those respective sets of instructions below.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

When a Mac game encounters similar troubles, we recommend updating a few key software programs. I've included a help page with more directions below.

Mac Game Troubleshooting

If those steps don't work or the help pages above didn't address your concerns, please contact our Technical Support Team. They're equipped with both the tools and the knowledge to provide further guidance.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by azmilitarymom on Jul 8, 17 10:40 PM
I cannot get through the HOP in the forge.

[Post New]by txscwgrl66 on Jul 9, 17 10:44 AM
bfgBeruna wrote:Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience, and I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble with the game.

When a PC game won't respond to commands or isn't reacting properly, we recommend checking that the computer's video card driver is up to date. We also suggest running the game with administrator permissions to ensure it has the resources it needs to operate smoothly. I've included help pages with those respective sets of instructions below.

<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230485248">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>
<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/231139168">Run Game as Administrator</a>

When a Mac game encounters similar troubles, we recommend updating a few key software programs. I've included a help page with more directions below.

<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/231116928">Mac Game Troubleshooting</a>

If those steps don't work or the help pages above didn't address your concerns, please contact our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000093788">Technical Support Team</a>. They're equipped with both the tools and the knowledge to provide further guidance.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

nefra
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by nefra on Jul 9, 17 11:25 AM
Same here, can't get the key mold in the forge. Please make a fix soon. Thanks

[Post New]by ajjscott on Jul 9, 17 3:51 PM
Same problem with the key mold in the forge...

[Post New]by Chewi10 on Jul 9, 17 6:09 PM
Same problem--can't get the key mold in the forge--playing on a Mac (10.10.3)

JPCarol
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by JPCarol on Jul 9, 17 9:57 PM
How about you forego the stock answer and get this bug fixed. A whole bunch of us using different operating systems are all stuck in the same place. Just do a patch and get one with it

[Post New]by wvickers4952 on Jul 10, 17 10:11 AM
Also having problem with getting KEY MOLD.
These new releases are getting worse all the time- get started with game and ALWAYS come up with little glitches that prevent the player from advancing because somethine is MISSING.

Come ON BFG get your S__T together !!!!!!

cindybuns
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

Myths World: Fire of Olympus CE my profile keeps disappearing

[Post New]by cindybuns on Jul 10, 17 10:50 AM
Every time I go back into the game the only profile that shows up is Player and I have to start from the beginning. I have Windows 7.

I know it's an old system; but it works without too many bugs and not everyone wants to load up with the latest system; especially since they come with bugs that drive you crazy.

Go to: