Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Myths of the World: Fire of Olympus Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 6, 17 12:42 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 07/06/2017 at 11:20:27 AM PST

Foxy57
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Myths of the World: Fire of Olympus Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Foxy57 on Jul 6, 17 11:04 AM
I have tried the demo, which was not very long by the way I was left with 41 minutes to spare, and was very disapointed.

Grafics are good except when shown the gods. The story left me cold and all in all I was bored stiff. Could noty wait to desinstall.. Try it for yourself and see...

Edited on 07/06/2017 at 11:05:56 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Myths of the World: Fire of Olympus Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 6, 17 11:20 AM
Howdy Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Myths of the World: Fire of Olympus Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Myths of the World: Fire of Olympus Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. In the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

And, finally, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators if there are any further questions. We're all happy to help out and listen as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

Not a buy

[Post New]by divaprods on Jul 6, 17 6:39 PM
One mini game after another, that's not why I play HOS and the graphics seem very old school

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Jul 7, 17 2:28 AM
same here the game is boring grPHIC LOOKS OLD, NOT WORTH A ce EVEN IF ITS A NORMAL GAME ITS A NO BUY FOR ME

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jul 7, 17 8:51 AM
I quite liked the demo; it wasn't overly challenging but not childishly easy and in spite of Eipix's best efforts to make all their games look and play exactly the same, I did find enough to like in this one for a possible purchase in the weekend sale. I just wish Eipix would go back and look at the first few 'Myths' games; maybe then they would see how wonderful this series used to be and try to emulate what made them so special.

Graphics were nice enough and the story was reasonably interesting. HOS were unfortunately typical Eipix fare; it's really way past time they put some effort into creating some new styles of HOS or offer an alternative. I'd suggest watching paint dry would be marginally less boring than these oh-so-familiar hidden object searches.

The mini games were mildly entertaining and some were actually quite good. Only one set of collectibles; the Greek sign for Omega, which were fairly easy to find. The map transports and shows tasks (if you choose it in the custom mode options). There are 4 modes of play; I never have music on so can't comment and I didn't look at the SG except to see if there were any morphs (there doesn't appear to be). The Guide only showed two chapters so no idea how many there are in the full game and I imagine the usual Eipix extras will be on offer.

Overall I enjoyed the demo more than I expected to, so if the sale is good enough I will probably buy this game. I like the Greek theme, although I suspect you're more likely to learn something about the culture by watching 'Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief' than you will from this game. But for a rainy afternoon, which we could certainly do with here in the UK at the moment, this will while away the hours ...when I'm not conferring with the flowers, of course

No technical issues with the demo, which lasted 75 minutes for me. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

Edited on 07/08/2017 at 9:41:37 AM PST

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Jul 7, 17 4:16 PM
I didn't get to complete the full demo, as I dozed off about halfway through...not so much a commentary on the game as on doing demos when it's past one's bedtime. Unfortunately, I wasn't particularly taken w/ what I did get through. The collectibles are definitely lacking, & given that, I'm not willing enough to hope the bonus chapter is good to buy this as a CE. I'll probably demo the SE when it comes out, but my expectations aren't very high at this point. Probably not a buy for me in either version. EDIT: Just popped back in to say that having now done the complete demo on the SE version, I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed it; as angelfish 106 states, it's neither overly challenging nor childishly easy, & w/ the heat wave we're having, that sounds about right. I'm still not inclined to purchase the CE, due to the lack of good collectibles, but the SE will be a purchase for me.

Edited on 08/04/2017 at 7:11:29 PM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jul 7, 17 7:04 PM
Hi all! Wow, unless my count is off, this is #12 in this series. I do have all the others, but not all are CE versions. As always, I review on the game play and seldom on the story line, as others do a much better job of that than I. Graphics are quite nice, very clear and clean. I didn't notice as much blurring in this one as in the last couple either. Colors are bright and true. Game play was excellent, with no problems during the demo. Voices are very nice, except Dad sounded very healthy when he was suppose to be dying. The God's sounded as I would expect them to sound and not the least bit wimpy. Music wasn't bad and was not intrusive. I usually just turn it way down anyway. Sound FX were nice and fit whatever scene or area you were in at the time. Be aware, there are snakes in this one. Not a lot, but occasionally, and they do move.

HOPs are a combination of interactive lists, riddles and silhouettes, so far. They are fairly clear and items are not difficult to find. I didn't not find any morphing items, but I wasn't really looking for them either. If you want something different, you can switch to a match stones game...it's the usual. Puzzles are well done and most have some level of challenge. I found a couple that took me longer than I'd expect. There is a lot of running back and forth in this one as well. Didn't seem to go to very many different areas during the demo, but I'm sure it will pick up as the game progresses. Yes, we have a jump map, but what a blank and boring map it is. The hint system is very helpful and it did transport to longer locations, which came in quite handy.

Collectibles are a major disappointment. All we have are 38 Omega signs, which are quite large. They try to hide some by only showing about half of it, but they really aren't hard to spot. Definitely needed more in this department.

I still like this series, and I do like this story line a lot. It is a little different...myths, you know. There was a bit more action that I figured and it seemed to have more character interaction than in the last few in this series. The game is not difficult and it is easy to follow. It seems that it was more interesting as a beta, but I did like it enough to want to play it out and see what happens. I think most levels of players will find this game worth getting. Even though the collectibles were a huge disappointment, I am going to add the CE to my collection.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

JPCarol
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by JPCarol on Jul 10, 17 3:42 PM
Right now the game gets a big ZERO for a review because there is a glitch at the end that is keeping a lot of us from being able to finish it. I'm being magnanimous and giving the devs a week to get a patch out before I ask tor a full refund.

Edited on 07/10/2017 at 10:51:04 PM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 12, 17 10:35 AM
I love Greek Mythology, and one of my favorite is the story about Prometheus, the Titan god who was tasked with creating mankind. Although there are several versions of this particular myth, the most common version is that Prometheus molded humans from clay and Athena breathed life into them on Earth. Epimetheus was tasked with endowing humans with gifts that would help them survive, and he liberally spread around gifts of wings and even fur. When the gifts were depleted, Prometheus felt sorry for his beloved mortals, and he raided the workshop of Hephaistos and Athena, stealing their fire, which he then gave to the humans. This was considered treason by Zeus, who sentenced Prometheus for all of eternity (fear not, because Hercules just so happens to owe Prometheus a favor!) Prometheus was chained to a rock near a giant Eagle's nest, and she fed upon his liver, but his immortal body would heal each day, and each day, the eagle would return!
In this episode of Myths of the World: Fire of Olympus, Zeus rendered Prometheus' daughter Lysandra mortal, as part of his punishment. The former goddess of Eternal Frost, uses a portal to the mortal world, in search of a way to restore her powers, because without immortal powers, she's helpless to defeat Zeus and save her father. Myths of the World has done a fantastic job converting this Greek mythology tale into an entertaining game, even though they have tweaked the storyline a tad bit. They have made the characters likable, the puzzles and HOP's theme related, with graphics that are fairly decent and time period appropriate. Fire of Olympus is one hundred percent better than the last game offered in this series, The Black Sun! The only complaint I have is that as a Collector's Edition, it lacks a wow factor, because it only offers 38 Hidden Omega Symbol Signs, which is more than a little disappointing. I will say that the signs are challenging to find in some of the scenes because they are partially hidden by other objects.
The Hidden Object Scenes are varied with several different types. There are Interactive List finds, Multiple Object finds, Riddle Description finds, Keywords in a Sentence finds, Symbols to find with a pedestal that can be turned, and scenes where you must find 5 identical items of two types to receive a tool to uncover the listed items. There are also smaller Zoom Zone scenes, and an optional Skipping Stones game to play.
The Mini Games are pretty good, most of which are of medium difficulty but very doable. Below are brief descriptions of some of the games you'll encounter during the demo:
1) Drag the symbols until all sections align.
2) Place all tokens inside the grid so that the number of tokens match the numbers located on the rows and columns.
3) Grab the correct stones to descent the cliff.
4) Create a path so that all of the blue triangles on the tokens are connected.
5) Move the ball to the hole by rotating paddles and interacting with obstacles.
6) Rotate tiles to restore the picture.
7) Play the proper melody on the Lyre strings using the clues shown.
This Collectors Edition has 38 Hidden Omega Signs, Skipping Stones games, a Souvenir Room, 7 Videos, 9 Music Soundtracks, 8 Wallpapers, 6 Concept Art pictures, 20 replayable Mini Games, 9 replayable Hidden Object Scenes, a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter, enjoy!

Go to: