burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

Possible solution to not being able to move "heap" objects

[Post New]by burf90 on Jul 6, 17 10:43 AM
I don't know if this will help anyone or not, but for what it's worth...

I've been playing this game untimed and discovered that I was unable to move any of the objects in the scenes where they are in a pile. I had started playing the game timed and just got tired of running out of time, so I switched to untimed. The problems with the "heap" scenes only started when I switched to untimed.

So, I tried changing back to the "casual" mode, which is timed and I can move the objects normally. When I switch back to "very casual" (untimed) I can't move them at all. I can make matches when they're in the pile, but can't move them off of the pile.

I see a lot of other people complaining about the cursor or game freezing in the "heap" scenes. If anyone runs into this, try switching to "casual" and then restart the scene using the circle arrow button on the upper right. You should be able to move the pieces normally and complete the scene, though you may have to replay a few times because you run out of time.

After you finish each "heap" level, you can change back to the untimed mode until you get to the next "heap" level.

muonquark
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Possible solution to not being able to move "heap" objects

[Post New]by muonquark on Jul 6, 17 8:29 PM
Thank works perfectly for me. Thanks for the tip!

Metamorph
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Metamorph on Jul 6, 17 11:30 PM
That didn't work at all for me. Any other ideas? Might the creator do a fix for this?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jul 7, 17 9:11 AM
Metamorph wrote:That didn't work at all for me. Any other ideas? Might the creator do a fix for this?

I'm certainly hoping they'll release a patched version. I'm sorry it didn't help you. When you changed modes, did you remember to click the replay button afterward? It won't work until you do that and you have to click it every time you change from untimed to timed and vice versa. Other than that, I have no suggestions. Everyone with this problem should probably contact BFG customer support, though.

muonquark
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by muonquark on Jul 7, 17 5:28 PM
I just backed out to the main menu, changed the difficulty mode, and then went back to the game.

Hope that helps.

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Jul 7, 17 6:53 PM
It worked for me, but only after creating a new profile and starting over in casual mode. Thanks for the tip!

[Post New]by jackywilson on Jul 11, 17 4:35 PM
Oh my gosh!! Thank you!! I had been clearing the pile but ever so slowly and it was nearly impossible!! You have helped immeasurably!!!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jul 13, 17 7:31 AM
You're welcome, Jackywilson. I actually found I liked spending hours working on those piles and completed the game that way, even after finding that I could change to timed and finish those levels more easily that way. The worst was level 80. There were 80 items in the pile and I can't tell you how many times I had to restart that level to clear the pile, but I did eventually do it.

Metamorph wrote:That didn't work at all for me. Any other ideas? Might the creator do a fix for this?

Hey, Metamorph. Kaitlinn said it worked after creating a new profile and starting in casual mode. So, maybe that might do it for you. I assume she switched to very casual for the regular levels and returned to casual for the heap levels, but not certain. Maybe she'll clarify.

Go to: