Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for League of Light: Edge of Justice here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 7, 17 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 07/07/2017 at 9:13:41 AM PST

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for League of Light: Edge of Justice here.

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Jul 7, 17 3:25 AM
Based on the demo: Still the same bore it was as a CE. I was sincerely hoping to like this game, as I have all the previous in the series, but I just can't subscribe to it. The only thing I saw to recommend it was the HO scenes, which given it's an HO game, should perhaps be enough? But those sparsely offered HO scenes didn't make up for all the back-&-forthing for bits & bobs that constituted the lion's share of this demo. My personal feeling is that much of the charm of this series is being lost, w/o enhancing it in any way. But do the demo, if you didn't for the CE, perhaps you will find it to your liking...particularly if you haven't played the previous installments in the series. As for myself, despite having formerly been something of a devotee, I'll pass.

Edited on 07/07/2017 at 3:51:13 AM PST

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Jul 7, 17 6:30 AM
Just as the CE version, I loved this game. I play games for relaxation and enjoyment and a certain amount of difficulty. I'm also one of the Fishies who really enjoys my companions! That is why I also love the story, the music throughout, the characters, graphics, vos and lots of storytelling through pictures. All those elements (plus more) make this a buy for me.
Thank you Mariaglorium for my helper and EVERYTHING about this game! I hope you continue this series, as I have the complete series!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jul 7, 17 9:13 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on League of Light: Edge of Justice here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on League of Light: Edge of Justice.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 12, 17 10:32 AM
Once upon a time, the town of Hamelin had a rat infestation, yuck! The town magistrate offered a reward to anyone who could rid the town of their rodents. As luck would have it, a traveling flute player was able to do just that. He played a beautiful melody, and led all of the rats away from Hamelin. Ah, but when the flautist asked for his well deserved reward, the magistrate accused him of trickery, and refused payment! The flautist became angry, and once again, played a beautiful melody on his flute, only this time, all of the children of Hamelin disappeared! The townspeople began to panic, rightfully so, and called upon the League of Light, for help. (perhaps they should have called for H.E.L.P)
Does this story sound familiar? Well, that's because it's the same exact story as Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper and a lesser known game called Oddly Enough: Pied Piper! I must admit, I was a little disappointed that League of Light chose a story that is almost identical to the story in Fabled Legends. That story also takes place in Hamelin, with the same scenario, Rat infestation, traveler plays flute, rats follow him, traveler is denied payment, so traveler kidnaps all of the children (wouldn't it just be easier to make all of the rats return, perhaps return another town's rats as well?) detective is called upon to solve the case of the missing children, and of course, the flautist has revenge issues. The only difference is, I don't recall the detective from Fabled Legends, having a tiny, glowing eyed, scarecrow, as his assistant, but it has been a few years since I played that game.
You guessed it, Tom has returned, the young boy who was unfortunate enough to be the victim of a curse that turned him into a scarecrow. Since you haven't found a cure for the curse, you may as well put him to work, fetching items you need but can't reach, and going places you wouldn't dare venture, like sending him down the sewer drain! You gotta feel sorry for him, after all, he's really just kid! If you don't care for a sidekick at your disposal, you can choose to ditch Tom and leave him at home, right at the get go, which supposedly doesn't affect the plot of the game. When I played the beta version, I chose to let him hang with me, and I'm sure glad I did, there's no way I would have gone down that dirty sewer!) but when I played the Collector's Edition, I chose not to use Tom, and instead of Tom doing all the work, I simply used inventory items instead, however, poor Tom just hangs his head low to show you just how upset he is that you chose not to take him with you, and I feel terrible for disappointing my little scarecrow buddy! The Collector's Edition version has 24 Hidden Owls, and 8 Hidden Collectible Character Figurines.
The Hidden Object Scenes were just okay in my book, neither bad nor epic. There are smaller Zoom Zone HOP's throughout the game, that require you to find a handful of fragments that form together for a necessary inventory item. Some of the Mini Games offered are actually more like HOP's but are classified as puzzles. Most of the Hidden Object Scenes are Interactive, Progressive Silhouetted Shape finds, but my personal favorite was a scene that described objects in the form of a riddle, which was way more entertaining, in my opinion.
The Mini Games are fairly easy puzzles to solve, nothing new, but I found them to be fairly entertaining too. Below are brief descriptions of some of the games you'll encounter during the demo:
1) Rotate circles to load 3 different tokens that are associated with the creatures shown.
2) Use partial clues to figure out which way the lock arrows should point.
3) Find 4 symbols hidden in each scene as shown, during a story of the Dark Pied Piper.
4) Arrange the Themis Statuettes so their hands link together.
5) Another story requiring 4 symbols to be found on each page, this time, some symbols require finding and uncovering them.
6) Click on the tokens in a specific order by trial and error.
7) Find and place misplaced items by dragging them to the correct and logical place.
The Collector's Edition has 6 Music Soundtracks, 18 Wallpapers, 36 Concept Art pictures, 9 Achievements (6 of the Achievements have 3 categories) Fresco Puzzle (earn pieces as you earn achievements) 6 Collectible Character Figurines, 24 Hidden Owls (my favorite League of Light feature) a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter, enjoy!

Go to: