MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Did anyone else recognize the story in this game?

[Post New]by MoreOver on Jul 7, 17 2:58 PM
It's from Namariel Legends: Iron Lord. I bought it four years ago this month. How appropriate.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

Re:Did anyone else recognize the story in this game?

[Post New]by burf90 on Jul 7, 17 10:10 PM
Absolutely! This game is a nice visit back to the world in that game. Namariel Legends is still one of my favorite games. I kept hoping for a sequel, though this game isn't exactly what I was thinking. I still am loving this game, though.

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Jul 8, 17 3:11 AM
burf90 wrote:Absolutely! This game is a nice visit back to the world in that game. Namariel Legends is still one of my favorite games. I kept hoping for a sequel, though this game isn't exactly what I was thinking. I still am loving this game, though.

I'm enjoying the game. Even with the glitch on those dang stacks. I didn't know there was a workaround and have struggled with playing them as is. Quite the challenge!

Namariel Legends is still in my game manager so I think I'll take this as a message to get busy and play it again.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jul 8, 17 4:09 PM
LOL Even having been the one to come up with the workaround, I am still playing the levels as they are in the untimed mode. I found there's a masochist living inside me that reeeeally likes the challenge in trying to clear the board with all of them stuck in the stack!

It's even more of a challenge when you get pretty far along in the game. I'm on level 80 and have probably played/gotten stuck/and restarted that level 20 times by now. I still haven't gotten all the way through it and probably have played that level for over two hours. I got all the way down to only 8 matches left to go when the game went insane and threw a piece off the board on it's own, so there was no match to make. I will do it eventually, though, and get a ridiculous amount of satisfaction from having beaten the level complete with glitch intact.

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Jul 16, 17 3:04 PM
burf90 wrote:LOL Even having been the one to come up with the workaround, I am still playing the levels as they are in the untimed mode. I found there's a masochist living inside me that reeeeally likes the challenge in trying to clear the board with all of them stuck in the stack!

Did you ever get through all the levels? I had to take a timeout because I was so frustrated with it. I'd get going really good and then one of the pieces would freeze on the screen so I'd have to start over again and again and .....

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jul 16, 17 8:28 PM
Yes, I finished the game that way. And yes, it would freeze up on me, too, sometimes. It nearly always happened when I only had eight matches to go. And it happened the most on level 80, where you had to make 80 matches. Something weird about the number 8 there...

The other thing that would happen sometimes is that the game would occasionally fling a piece off the screen, so you'd only have one of that type and no matching piece. Or the "ghost" of that piece was still there, but you couldn't make it move to match it. It would just be unclickable.

I still played through that way. For whatever odd reason, I sometimes have more fun slogging my way through or trying to outsmart the glitches, than playing normally.

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Jul 17, 17 9:26 AM
Thanks. You give me hope. I'll have to keep trying then. Hope my carpal tunnel holds out long enough to finish it.

Go to: