lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Playing daily but getting free moves from friend

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jul 10, 17 4:15 PM
I play Gummy Drop daily, almost always several times a day. Twice now a friend has sent me free moves. I thought you only got the option to send free moves when the friend was stuck.

Has anybody else seen this recently? My iPad hasn't complained that it can't reach the server, and clearly my friend has to reach the server in order to be able to send the free moves.

Mind you, I like getting the free moves. I'm just puzzled.

Edited on 07/10/2017 at 4:16:43 PM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Re:Playing daily but getting free moves from friend

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jul 13, 17 3:29 PM
Today I got something like five of these, all from the same friend. Has anybody else seen this, or is it a glitch just for me or perhaps just for my friend?

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Jul 14, 17 5:50 AM
I get these once in a while, I figured a friend was sending me gifts from the scratch ticket. The bigger issue is that the extra lives I have been saving from my friends, in the envelope, all just disappeared. It is strange to have such bugs as this or the treasure chest start in such a mature game.

Edited on 07/14/2017 at 5:51:04 AM PST

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Jul 16, 17 2:56 AM
Snowman, the extra lives you get sent, and anything else from friends that goes into that envelope, all expire in 7 days from when they were sent, so use them as soon as you need them, rather than let them go to waste.

Gummynut
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by Gummynut on Jul 16, 17 8:40 AM
Lordkalvan, you can send up to 5 lives a day (24 hours) to a friend. You go back to a city where you can see your friends name in the comparative score box at the bottom. There is a little red heart with an arrow on it. You hit the arrow and each time it will send your friend a life, up to a max of five. I got into the habit of doing it every day when my scratch ticket arrives, so I don't forget., .and my friend does the same thing. they do indeed expire so use them or lose them

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jul 16, 17 10:00 AM
I know the rules about free lives. My comments above are about sets of free moves, which I didn't know how they could be sent at all, much less getting an eventual total of eight of them from the same friend in the same day. I haven't seen it happen again since the day I got so many.

Gummynut
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by Gummynut on Jul 17, 17 6:32 PM
My bad. Sorry, misunderstanding..

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Jul 18, 17 9:40 AM
I just opened the game and there was an invitation to send extra moves to a friend and it costs nothing so I just did it. Seems to happen to me 2 or 3 times a week and I know the people are playing all the time.

Go to: