jengun
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

Windows 10?

[Post New]by jengun on Jul 10, 17 4:33 PM
I had this game on a laptop with Windows 7 and it was fine. I got rid of the laptop and downloaded yesterday to my desktop which has Windows 10. The game will now not load. I know this is an old game but has anybody had luck installing this on a computer with Windows 10?

tunaontoast
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,449 Posts

Re:Windows 10?

[Post New]by tunaontoast on Jul 20, 17 1:40 PM
I have the same issue. I just upgraded to windows 10 and this game will not play. It's not the age because all the other/older mystery case files games work just fine.

Edited on 07/20/2017 at 1:41:29 PM PST

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Jul 20, 17 8:18 PM
This works for people who cannot open a game whilst using windows 10, and also for some error codes.

gail854 wrote:
I found this by accident on The Forgotten Fairytales forum but it worked for me. Change your screen resolution to something smaller, like 1680x1050, open the game and close it. Change the resolution back to original and open the game again. It worked for me on both games as neither would open but do now. Hope it helps.

-Remember that you can change the resolution back to your normal setting, and play the game in it, once you have opened and closed it in the lower one.

jengun
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by jengun on Jul 21, 17 4:29 PM
That worked, thank you!!!!!!! I would never have figured that out on my own Off to adventure land.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 21, 17 5:38 PM
Hello jengun, tunaontoast, and sazoria,

Thank you for your patience while waiting on a response. It appears that after a recent update to Windows 10, this specific game was no longer running. It sounds like that issue was resolved and I wanted to thank both tunaontoast and sazoria for swimming by with that aid. I just wanted to swim by to confirm that changing your screen resolution is able to help resolve this Windows 10 specific issue.

For players that are on Windows 10 and have received a recent update to Windows, if this specific game no longer plays, changing your screen resolution and running the game should help resolve the issue. After changing to a different screen resolution and playing the game, players are able to return their settings to their preferred values. If players would like assistance changing the screen resolution of their computer, the following article can assist:

Screen Resolution

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Since this seems to be a resolved issue and is a technical one, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread and request further discussion of this issue or reports of new ones be provided to the recreated technical issues thread here:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition here!

Posting issues to their designated technical issues thread, when available, can help keep our forums as accessible as possible. It also helps both the teams behind the game and moderators more accurately and rapidly respond to the impact of player reported issues. Thank you for understanding!

Thank you as well for your patience and I'm glad that those steps were able to get that game working. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: