Sir Match A Lot will not open since I got the latest update

[Post New]by boomertie on Jul 10, 17 7:52 PM
I downloaded the latest update today, now I cannot open the game.

vibtek
Clownfish
Clownfish
539 Posts

Re:Sir Match A Lot will not open since I got the latest update

[Post New]by vibtek on Jul 10, 17 11:56 PM
Sometimes the computer will be slow. try and restart. Most the time updates will be slow. One thing if you set you page file 3000 on advanced system setting it will work better. the vitual memory 2000 on page file you can set it to fit most sizes. sometimes I set the limit to 4000 . You can check it by typing dxdiag in the run part. It tells you how much RAM you have to go on. You save the imformation .

Edited on 07/11/2017 at 12:30:40 AM PST

[Post New]by boomertie on Jul 11, 17 6:49 AM
I have over 6000 Ram, so that is not the problem.

vibtek
Clownfish
Clownfish
539 Posts

[Post New]by vibtek on Jul 11, 17 8:13 AM
That ram is not what not what I am talking about. There is a virtual ram that operate the operates the games. On control panel and click on system , then advanced . at the top there should be a automatic page file check square. Then there another one that says best performance of programs and or system back ground performance of system . Most of the it says 750 for virtual memory. it is different than Ram. You change it 3000 set range page file, and limit 4000. Then click set It may say to restart your computer. If it does click restart now.

It is different than how much regular on Memory. One thing when you click advanced system settings, then advanced. see if the setting is on programs or back ground setting. unclick auto page file and set page file manage to 3000 and limit to 4000. You may need a restart, click it and wait for restart. You can set the limit higher if want.

Edited on 07/11/2017 at 8:48:55 AM PST

[Post New]by boomertie on Jul 11, 17 9:40 AM
Okay I adjusted my virtual ram as you suggested, and tried opening the game. It still will not open. I did restart my computer before I tried to open it again.

Edited on 07/11/2017 at 9:43:27 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 11, 17 11:24 AM
Hello boomertie,

I'm sorry to hear that Sir Match-a-Lot doesn't seem to want to open after a recent update. There may be a few reasons this is happening and I just wanted to swim by to provide some suggestions, as well as how to contact our Support Team should more assistance prove to be necessary.

Thank you, vibtek, for taking the time to provide that set of suggestions. It sounds like those particular steps didn't assist in this situation, but it's awesome to see players help one another out when issues like this occur.

For this particular situation, if you are playing on Windows 10 and the recent update was a Windows update, it's possible that the Windows update is interfering with the game running as expected. In this case, players have been able to resolve the issue by switching their screen's resolution to a different value before trying the game again. Just in case this is the situation, I am providing a guide on changing screen resolution below:

Screen Resolution

If you are not playing on Windows 10, or if the above doesn't seem to work, it's possible that the following linked steps can help quickly resolve this issue with the game not opening as expected:

Crashing, Freezing, Game Won't Open (Computer)

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, I recommend contacting our Sir Match-a-Lot Support Team. If you happen to have noted your in-game ID previously, please also include that. If you do not have this ID, please still get in touch. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 11, 17 11:24 AM
Since this seems to be discussing a technical issue, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread and request future discussion of this issue or reports of new issues in the PC version of this game be made as a reply to the designated thread below:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sir Match-a-Lot (PC) here.

Discussing technical issues in the appropriate forum thread allows both the teams behind the game and moderators to more accurately note the impact of player reported issues. It also helps us all respond more quickly to those reports. Thank you for helping us all keep the forums as accessible as possible.

Thank you as well for your patience and time. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: