bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Witches' Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 13, 17 12:29 AM
Welcome to Witches' Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Witches' Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Witches' Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by ChrisFurbutt on Jul 15, 17 1:10 PM
After downloading "Witches' Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition the trail program. I can not open the game to play, what can I do? Also I have check the requirement for the game and my computer, and they match. I have Window's 10.

[Post New]by Lisaesq on Jul 15, 17 2:46 PM
I am having the same problem. Uninstalled and re-installed the game manager AND the game. It flat-out won't open.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jul 15, 17 2:59 PM
Hello ChrisFurbutt and Lisaesq,

Thanks so much for reaching out. I'm sorry your game won't load and am here to help.

When a game won't open, we always recommend checking to see whether an update is available for the computer's video card driver. The driver is responsible for directing how the graphics in the game interact with the computer, so installing an update can fix this matter.

We also recommend running the game with administrator permissions. This ensures the game has access to resources necessary to help it run properly. I've included help pages with instructions for those two processes below.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

If those steps don't work, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to help.

Going forward, we also ask that all technical matters be posted to the designated thread below.

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition here.

This ensures the help request is seen by the Moderation Team as quickly as possible and assists us in keeping the forums organized. Thanks for your help with this. If any more questions arise, please don't hesitate to PM me or another active Moderator. We're here to listen.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 07/15/2017 at 3:00:10 PM PST

[Post New]by Hederahelix7 on Jul 16, 17 5:30 AM
I can't get the game to open, it also puts some of my already installed games into the queue and asks for them to be activated.

[Post New]by angelefrances on Jul 16, 17 6:40 AM
i am having the same problem, the game won't open. I have tried re-installing the game, but it still won't open. There are no updates for anything in my laptop and other games can be loaded and played. Installed games are also in the queue asking to be reactivated again.

[Post New]by SueDees on Jul 20, 17 12:27 PM
Hello, I am having the same issue with this game not opening. I also read a post by another person that read

by Hederahelix7 on Jul 16, 17 5:30 AM
I can't get the game to open, it also puts some of my already installed games into the queue and asks for them to be activated.

This is also happening to me as well. There is something very strange here I also note that when I try to open the game from the shortcut the installation placed on my desktop that I get a message saying that the Big Fish Game manager has stopped working.

I did as you suggested and my resolution is appropriate but does not change the issue at all. I am running Windows 10.

I know it sounds crazy but I feel better knowing it is not just me having the issue.
SD, ABQ

[Post New]by pgibby on Jul 21, 17 9:33 AM
I have the same issue. Sounds like the game needs a fix asap.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 21, 17 11:40 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience while waiting on a response and for taking the time to report what you're experiencing with Witches' Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition. We absolutely would like to learn more about what you've experienced and I wanted to swim by real fast with some suggestions that may help, as well as steps for contacting our Support Team.

I would like to recommend that players who are seeing other games request activation when trying to play this game's demo contact our Technical Support Team with screenshots of what is being seen and a description of what occurred. It may also be helpful to provide our teams a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report to help us better remedy things. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Just in case it's helpful, here's an article on taking screenshots:

Taking a Screenshot

If you are playing on Windows 10 and the game is not opening when trying to play, it's possible that changing your screen resolution would assist. Here's our announcement regarding this issue:

An Announcement regarding loading issues on the Windows 10 system- July 13, 2017

If players are unsure how to change their screen's resolution, our help article could assist with that:

Screen Resolution

Also, as a reminder, we request players be sure to report or discuss technical issues in their designated thread. Feel free to continue this conversation at the designated thread here:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition here.

Thank you all for your patience and for letting us know your experiences with the demo of the game. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by littleblueyes on Jul 23, 17 11:02 AM
I am unable to get the WISP which I assume is needed to light the lamp. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by olivasjan on Jul 25, 17 2:31 PM
I am running Windows 10 and have never had any problems until now. I am stuck on the Wind Stones. The screen is frozen, I cannot get the stones to do anything and I cannot get off this screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice and it goes right back on that screen. I have purchased the Collector's Edition and would either like a remedy to finish this game or get credit.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jul 25, 17 3:51 PM
Hello littleblueyes and olivasjan,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm swimming by to provide some help.

littleblueyes: I'd recommend making a post about this topic in the main forum. Players don't always paddle over to this thread to see what posters here have to say, so creating a new discussion in the forum will increase your viewership.

olivasjan: Since your game is freezing, I'm going to provide help instructions for checking that your computer's video card driver is up to date and for running the game with administrator permissions below.

I recommend checking that the video card driver is up to date because it controls how a game's graphics interact with the computer. Installing an update can often fix whatever's causing the game to freeze. Running the game with administrator permissions is useful because that gives the game access to all of the resources it needs.

If neither suggestions resolve this, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide further help.

Going forward, the Moderation Team also asks that all technical inquiries are posted to the thread below.

This helps keep the forum organized and ensures we see all technical help requests as quickly as possible. Thanks for your understanding, and please PM me or another active moderator if further questions arise. We'll be glad to provide support.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by prissey12 on Jul 29, 17 2:15 PM
I am having trouble clicking on anything in this game, I have to press laptop several times-at least 5 times-to load onto any of the game obstacles. please help!!! I have installed and uninstalled the game 3 x times but still nothing helps

bachlein
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by bachlein on Aug 4, 17 10:13 AM
Well, here it is August 4th and STILL not able to down load this game. Tsk, tsk, Big Fish!!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 4, 17 10:41 AM
Hello prissey12 and bachlein,

I'm so sorry to hear this game hasn't been playable for either of you and am here to help.

When there's trouble clicking on items, prissey12, then I'd recommend checking that the computer video card driver is up to date. The driver controls how the game's graphics interact with the computer, and installing a new version can make it easier to click on items. I'd also recommend running the game with administrator permissions to ensure it can access all necessary resources. Below are to help pages containing the instructions for those processes.

Since the game can't be downloaded, bachlein, I'd recommend adjusting the network settings in the Big Fish Games app. This can make it easier for a game to download. The help page below contains the instructions for that process as well as other troubleshooting recommendations for when a game won't download.

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If these suggestions don't work, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide additional assistance.

Also, going forward, please post technical help requests to the thread below.

This ensures the Moderation Team sees these posts as soon as possible and also keeps the forum organized. We really appreciate your help, and I've gone ahead and locked this thread so additional questions can be posted to the one above.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by tonette7 on Aug 21, 17 4:08 PM
ChrisFurbutt wrote:After downloading "Witches' Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition the trail program. I can not open the game to play, what can I do? Also I have check the requirement for the game and my computer, and they match. I have Window's 10.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Aug 21, 17 6:54 PM
@tonette7
There is an issue with the compatibility of Windows 10 with some games. It just won't let you play them. If this is the issue you are experiencing then this fix will take care of it. If this doesn't work then the issue you are having must be something else.

This works for people who cannot open a game whilst using windows 10, and also for some error codes and access violations.

gail854 wrote:
I found this by accident on The Forgotten Fairytales forum but it worked for me. Change your screen resolution to something smaller, like 1680x1050, open the game and close it. Change the resolution back to original and open the game again. It worked for me on both games as neither would open but do now. Hope it helps

-Remember that you can change the resolution back to your normal setting, and play the game in it, once you have opened and closed it in the lower one.

Go to: