Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 13, 17 12:37 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 07/13/2017 at 6:34:13 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 13, 17 1:19 AM
Playing on new MacBook Pro macOS Sierra.

Firstly game keeps loading and loading some more, which goes on forever. The first 15 minutes off the trial was taken up with beachball of death, and loading pages freezing for ages before finally moving on.

The main issue is that I have to 'double' click to do anything and it makes the game impossible to play. I've never had this issue before. I checked the 'double click' option was off on the computer which it is.

I've turned off 'graphics switching' which has seen all games play without any issues until this game.

I liked it too, and would have been a 'buy'.

There's nothing else I can do to make this game play without double clicking? It makes the puzzles difficult to play, and the inventory items keep going back to the bottom if I forget to click twice.

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Jul 13, 17 1:26 AM
I have always liked this series. But I had a couple of technical issues with this demo. Every time you change scenes, and sometimes when you just click the magnifying glass to look at something, it was always LOADING. Didn't take long to load each time, but the constant loading was a bit irritating. Also, my Windows 10 taskbar at the bottom of my screen did not disappear during the game. Since it covered the bottom lines of HOS, as well as instructions, it's a problem. I tried changing the magnification of my browser to see if that would make a difference, but it didn't. I ended up moving my taskbar to the right side of the screen so that I could finish the demo. I would like to buy the game, so I'm hoping there is a fix in the near future.

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by jaylake on Jul 13, 17 2:31 AM
Hi

Playing on PC

I was a little silly in highsight as I purchased the game, and now cannot play. It shows a load and then nothing. I have left it as I thought it was just being slow but nothing. Wish i had tried first. Will keep trying but may need to go to customer support again. They are good but this situation is disappointing.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jul 13, 17 2:45 AM
I can download the Trail Version of the game but after purchasing the Full Version will not download, pus I can't download any game from my Purchase History. I had the same problem on 7/01/17 after buying 2 Love Chronicle game. Custom Support said to Uninstall my Game Manager then Run a Removal Tool that they sent me then Reinstall my Game Manager. I worked for hour trying to get that to work. I even uninstalled all my game. After finally getting games to download from my Purchase History, again, I buy another game & have to deal with the same problem.

Will I have this problem every time that I buy a game from Big Fish????

Frustrated

[Post New]by tamsjmb on Jul 13, 17 2:54 AM
the game will not open so it can be played. Just get nothing but my desktop. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times , shut down entire system still nothing. Any help for this. I can play other games fine on Windows 10 but not this one.

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by jaylake on Jul 13, 17 3:00 AM
Hi

Well I am glad (sorry at the expense of others) that I am not the only one with issues. I wish I had at least tried the trial. Just for info I have now got the error code 900 which is not covered and told to contact customer support which I have done. I am not a happy bunny not least because I cannot play the game which it seem is reviewed well

Sister13
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Sister13 on Jul 13, 17 5:13 AM
Downloaded the Game and cannot play because it doesn`t open, when I click on it it throws me back to the Game Manager, any help?

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by jaylake on Jul 13, 17 5:16 AM
Hi

I was playing on windows 10. Windows 8 seems to be ok. I found a fatal directX issue and have taken this up with BF who have referred to their techinical dept as this game is similar to others that I have purchased and whilst I do not profess to be in any way a computer expert, given you say this seems an older game then perhaps it supports an older direct X version. This is just a guess but as said older games on my purchase history have the same problem. Suggest you contact customer support who are most understanding and will give you a good listening ear

[Post New]by malcolmbart on Jul 13, 17 5:35 AM
Running Win 10 and having the same problem. Game installs but will not play. Made the mistake of buying the game.. Would appreciate either a fix or credit.

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by A1psyko on Jul 13, 17 6:27 AM
Same as others. I installed but game will not play and sends me back to bfg home page. I also tried to run as administrator but still won't load. Restarted my computer, no play. This issue is getting really old. I have been a BFG player for a long time and never had so many issues as in the past year. Games won't play, lock up, etc etc and on and on. I am using Windows 10 and all is updated to current. Glad to see I am not the only one that has these issues which tells me that the issue is BFG and the game. Not our systems or set up. Very frustrating. Also Note that when BFG Customers complain about this issue we do not seem to get fixes or answers. I rechecked other games that have this issue posted and try to replay with no success. Still same issue weeks later.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 13, 17 7:09 AM
Hi Everyone,

Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Windows 10

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Customer Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition here

The teams definitely want to help get things up and running as they should so that players can get to their game play.

belamba, I'm sorry to hear that you have to doubleclick items within the game. If you haven't already, the help page below contains steps that may help resolve this issue:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

jaylake, you mentioned error code 900. It is recommended to refer to the following Big Fish Games Help page as it contains troubleshooting steps that are specific to this error message:

Errors 760, 900, and 257700

For players that are having downloading issues, the game may need more permissions and resources to properly install and open. The Problems Downloading or Installation Failed help page is a great resource for troubleshooting steps that have been known to help resolve this issue.

It does seem that players on the Windows 10 system are having various issues. Please refer to the help pages below for troubleshooting. Keep in mind that running the game as an administrator gives the game the correct permissions to run as it should while the other help page is specific to the Windows 10 system.

Windows 10
Run Game as Administrator

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition her

The Moderation Team definitely understands the frustration that may arise when technical issues are present. While we don't have the tools to provide in depth troubleshooting from the forums, we can help recommend steps that have been known to help resolve these issues. If you find that issues continue to be present after trying the suggested troubleshooting steps in the help pages provided, please reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team has the appropriate tools to provide assistance. I have passed along the contents of this thread to the appropriate teams for investigation. Players are still encouraged to reach out to the Customer Support Team as the Support Team also has the tools to provide the information included in the tickets to these teams.

We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding. If any information is brought to the Moderation Team's attention regarding the issues presented in this thread, we will update the forums to inform the players. Please reach out to any of the moderators if you have any questions. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 07/13/2017 at 7:09:49 AM PST

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by sazoria on Jul 13, 17 8:03 AM
This works for people who cannot open a game whilst using windows 10, and also for some error codes.

gail854 wrote:
I found this by accident on The Forgotten Fairytales forum but it worked for me. Change your screen resolution to something smaller, like 1680x1050, open the game and close it. Change the resolution back to original and open the game again. It worked for me on both games as neither would open but do now. Hope it helps.

-Remember that you can change the resolution back to your normal setting, and play the game in it, once you have opened and closed it in the lower one.
Good luck,
Sazoria.

Edited on 07/13/2017 at 8:03:35 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 13, 17 9:05 AM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team greatly appreciates your patience as we look into the loading issue. Information for Windows 10 users have been brought to our attention. There is a workaround as sazoria mentioned. Please refer to the steps below if you are having trouble loading this game on your Windows 10 system:

1) Lower the resolution. This is normally 1900x1800. Switch to 1600x1200.
2) Launch the game.
3) Exit the game.
4) Revert to preferred resolution.

If you continue to have issues getting this game to load on your Windows 10 system, please reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team can further assist.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the moderators.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by BrenHug on Jul 13, 17 10:06 AM
I purchased the game and once I downloaded it wont come up at all. I deleted it reinstalled it and having the same damn problem. This hasn't ever happened before I have a Dell inspiron

Bandini
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Bandini on Jul 13, 17 10:20 AM
tamsjmb wrote:the game will not open so it can be played. Just get nothing but my desktop. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times , shut down entire system still nothing. Any help for this. I can play other games fine on Windows 10 but not this one.

I have been having the same problem. I have shut down and restarted my computer so many times today I can't even count. I also have uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled and reinstalled to many times to count. I think this game is broke. I bought the game without the trial mainly due to never having this problem.

Hope you all come up with a fix soon or I want my money back.

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Jul 13, 17 10:23 AM
Same as other posts . Downloaded but game will not play !!!!!!! Windows 10 by the way

Edited on 07/14/2017 at 12:04:05 AM PST

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by A1psyko on Jul 13, 17 10:28 AM
I tried the recommendation of changing the screen resolution and then back and it worked. Thank you

Go to: