Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 13, 17 12:38 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 07/13/2017 at 6:42:52 AM PST

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by jaylake on Jul 13, 17 3:05 AM
Please action Tech issues asap. I would love to see a review so I can see that someone can play this game.

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nanafraser on Jul 13, 17 3:19 AM
The game plays fine! Don't know if I'm just tiered but HOs aren't that easy to find things! Its a OK game but if possible wait for SE! Its just kinda tedious knowing what your gonna do next! Some mentioned in the tech section about the loading in between scenes might be a tech problem! No its just the design of game! It gets irrigating after a while! Not sure why Devs did it this way cause there other games aren't that way! You'll see if you try the demo! Ive beta tested some really good games don't understand why they haven't released em!

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by jaylake on Jul 13, 17 3:26 AM
Thanks for the response. At least some can play the game but I have been having the same tech issues as others and glad I am not the only one

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jul 13, 17 5:07 AM
the game plays okay on my win 8.1 PC - but yes, it is tedious with the "loading" showing up for every screen - graphics are not the greatest - almost looks like an old game dug out from the archives. definitely not a game I would snap up, specially if I would have to pay full member's price for. (sigh).

oh well - hopefully Saturday's HOPA CE will be better.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jul 13, 17 5:08 AM
the game plays okay on my win 8.1 PC - but yes, it is tedious with the "loading" showing up for every screen - graphics are not the greatest - almost looks like an old game dug out from the archives. definitely not a game I would snap up, specially if I would have to pay full member's price for. (sigh).

oh well - hopefully Saturday's HOPA CE will be better.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 13, 17 6:43 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Witches' Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Witches' Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

catathang
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by catathang on Jul 13, 17 6:43 AM
I love my Witche's Legacy games. I must have close to all of them. My problem with this one, is I HATE THE LOADING in between each scene. Please stop it. This is a no buy for me. (unless they take the loading out)

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 13, 17 6:52 AM
Witches Legacy was one of my favorite game series back in the day, because I loved the ongoing saga of Lynn and Edward. Since the game drifted away from Lynn and Edward, towards Jack and Annabel, they no longer have that appeal. To make matters worse, the games drifted away from the realistic world, to a world filled with oddness, and then there's Bertha the ferret, don't even get me started on that hot mess! I'm sure this game will be a hit for those players who are new to this series, and never got the chance to be a part of their "family" You should really go back to the roots of the game, because they were fantastic stories.
Witches' Legacy is now all about the Sanders' family, Julia and her children, Nicky and Jack. Bertha is an unofficial family member, a witch who is able to change herself into a ferret, but really possesses no other witchly powers. Jack is a scientist, and a non-believer, that is until he came face to face with the evil witch Cassandra, in The City That Isn't There, who cast an aging spell on him and his mother, after taking over his sister Nicky's body, In Dark Days To Come,Jack's girlfriend, Anabel, was tricked into entering the sacred city to take a staff that could only be retrieved by a good witch. This was a nefarious plan concocted by the last remaining dark witches who called upon the Ice Sorcerers twins, Mara and Marcus, as a last ditch effort to destroy all that is good. Now, in Covered By The Night, Jack must rescue Anabel once more (what good is it to be a witch if you can't defend yourself from anything or anyone?) It's Halloween and a rare, Blood Moon eclipse occurrence has allowed the Supreme Sorcerer Felix, to escape from the sphere that Queen Morgana imprisoned him in before she died. Like all evil sorcerers, Felix needs souls, witchy souls, ands lots of them, including Anabel!
Other than the fact that Witches' Legacy no longer centers around the characters that rose the game to stardom, everything else remains, in true Witches Legacy formation. There are several items in each scene that can be interacted with, and in this Collector's Edition version, there are 33 Morphing Objects, and every scene has at least one hidden Jigsaw Puzzle Piece, that allows you to assemble 4 different Screensavers. The only problem is that the cursor changes to a hand when there is a collectible, but it also changes to a hand when you can interact with an item.
The Hidden Object Scenes are varied, and usually multi-layered. There are Interactive List finds, Silhouetted Shape finds, Keywords in Sentence finds, Multiple Symbol finds, and Fragment finds, and there is an alternate Matching game available. Some of the scenes are repeated in the same location, including the ridiculous "lab Mice" scene.
The Mini Games are decent, and most are of medium difficulty. Below are brief descriptions of some of the games you'll encounter during the demo:
1) Lead Jack through the maze using items you find to progress, and scrolls that progress the story.
2) Rotate circles to create a path for the owl.
3) Connect all tiles with a line that doesn't cross paths.
4) Place moon phases correctly.
5) Find 4 hidden symbols hidden within a sketch.
6) Deflect the attacks by dragging the matching crystal to the portraits as the become highlighted.
This Collector's Edition has 9 Wallpapers, 9 Concept Art pictures, 12 Music Soundtracks, 15 Achievements to earn, 33 Morphing Objects, 36 hidden Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces to assemble 4 different Screensavers, a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Jul 13, 17 7:11 AM
Well, the graphics were actually quite nice on my pc but for me that was the best part of the game.
Like other fishies said constantly something is "loading" and holding up the game flow. I found the game very picky as to where you put the cursor and it working .... or not.
Some of the items in the HOG scenes were very small and the scenes were just a hot mess.
Minigames........BORING and old with wishy-washy instructions.
Lots of cut scenes (which don't interest me in the least) and PET PEEVE: I always turn the voices off and still I get to hear talk.
Checking my purchase history I was surprised to see that this is already number 10 in this series - seems after 4 I lost interest in purchasing.... and this one won't be added either.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Jul 13, 17 3:23 PM
The game moves quickly from location-to-location, but the "LOADING" screen is not necessary and interrupts the flow of the game.

I do hope the Developer can eliminate the "LOADING" screen.

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Jul 13, 17 7:24 PM
Not enough new and exciting about this game to buy, especially with the loading between scene. The game loaded and played for me first time on my Win 10 laptop.

[Post New]by dbb3920 on Jul 14, 17 8:25 PM
i am just wondering if anyone else is having a problem even opening this game. I have installed it and uninstalled it twice. When i click play it just flashes and then gives me an error code 809 saying another game is playing when i click on it again then says thanks for playing 90 minutes remaining. Maybe i will just wait until its out for a couple more days before i try again.

[Post New]by weikagloria on Jul 15, 17 9:25 AM
It also happened to me; I installed and uninstalled it three times but it did not work. I have windows 10.

[Post New]by Dayanablack on Jul 16, 17 3:09 AM
I've managed to play this game without problems...... Too much "loading" scenes.... but I like the graphics and the HO.....

[Post New]by zagava on Jul 17, 17 8:31 AM
I can't get the game to open. I'm using windows 10. Can someone help

elboranch
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by elboranch on Jul 22, 17 1:30 PM
I did enjoy playing the game , the scenes were beautifuly done ! But the loading each time I changed scenes is very tiring ! Other than that I had no problems !

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jul 23, 17 1:15 PM
This is not a bad game, but I can't recommend it. I honestly think I spent as much time waiting for the loading between each scene, and sometimes within a scene. Definitely throws the flow of the game off.

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on Jul 30, 17 10:00 AM
I am finding this game really appealing! Love the quirky sense of humour. Yes, it is a tad bit annoying waiting for it to load but I like the game well enough to overlook that. Definitely a purchase for me.

[Post New]by LBRYANT3 on Aug 6, 17 9:51 AM
Installed and reinstalled several times but will not open.

Go to: