Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Spirits of Mystery: Illusions here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 14, 17 12:44 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 07/14/2017 at 6:20:12 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Spirits of Mystery: Illusions here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 14, 17 6:22 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Spirits of Mystery: Illusions here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Spirits of Mystery: Illusions.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 14, 17 8:49 AM
The Fire Kingdom is the only Kingdom remaining. All other Kingdoms have been systematically destroyed by the Cursed Princess, as she emphatically pursues her quest to take back what she believes is rightfully hers. The Cursed Princess has proclaimed herself Queen Mortis, a mistress of Illusion, a master of evil deception, and she'll stop at nothing to obtain the final Princess of Fire. (btw that's you) The Princess of Fire has evoked protection from the Spirits of Mystery, to protect the Kingdom, but it does little to protect her when she's forced to enter a portal to the Metal Kingdom, to save her beloved Nanny from the evil clutches of Queen Mortis herself. Can the Princess of Fire expel the Cursed Princess forever, and put an end to the war that's been raging for over 500 years?
There's something different about this Spirits of Mystery game, something's just a bit "off" I'm not sure what it is, perhaps the storyline is just stale, it seems as though we've had the battle of good Princesses against evil Princesses for over 500 years ourselves. Perhaps the graphics threw me off, they haven't improved either. More than likely, it's because Spirits of Mystery has become far too gimmicky. Supposedly the Prophecy tells of a Princess, armed only with a Bow, will expel the Cursed Princess forever. But the Prophecy didn't mention she would also have a Magic Mirror! I don't understand why ERS feels the need to include this "Mirror" in every series. You know the one, the one you have to use to "catch" the evil entities to dispel the curse, but you can only see them through the mirror a.k.a Orb Catcher. I'd also like to know, what is up with the blurry graphics? If you don't notice the blur, check out the Wallpapers, they clearly show the not so clear graphics, and I have a 27" imac with upgraded graphic cards.
The Collector's Edition version offers Morphing Phoenix symbols in almost every scene, but you can only collect it when it's in the shape of a bright red triangle emblem, which makes it difficult not to spot. Also in the CE version, most of the scenes also have a collectible Jigsaw Puzzle Piece, some of which are available in the scene itself, some are within a zoomed in zone. Once you have collected all 6 puzzle pieces, you can assemble the super easy puzzle and use it for a screensaver. (there are 6 different puzzle screensavers, each containing 6 pieces) One feature I did enjoy about the puzzles, was that it gives you an interesting bio about the Characters with each puzzle completed, did you know that Isa was a good mage who tried to protect the Kingdom?
The Hidden Object Scenes are varied each time, and in true ERS form, some scenes are repeated in the same area, a feature I find very boring the second time around. There are Keywords to find during a story, Multiples of the same item finds, Silhouetted Shape finds and Interactive List finds.
The Mini Games are quite easy for the most part, some of them are impossible not to solve, because they light up in neon green. Below are brief descriptions of some of the Mini Games you'll encounter during the demo:
1) Hit all 3 targets with your family Bow and Arrow (hard to miss targets)
2) Turn disc sections until they click into the correct position, using directional arrows. (again, all you have to do is click an arrow all pieces fall into place and turn green)
3) Move a tile to an empty place to slide square tiles to complete the image. The second half of the puzzle requires you to flip over all tiles, clicking one tile may affect others.
4) Use your magic mirror to find 6 evil illusions. This mini game is played every time you come across a human who has been cursed by the Queen's illusion.
5) After finding all 6 illusions, the mirror shows you a chain that you must trace its path without being hit by a floating orb
6) After tracing the chain, you must then find that persons most treasured items, which are highlighted on or around them, and return them.
7) Use directional arrows to find the constellations shown in the inventory bar.
8) Move the lines so they don't cross over each other by moving connectors to an empty slot.
9) Place tiles on the board based upon their symbols, all tiles must be used.

The Collector's Edition version has 11 Movie Videos, 13 Wallpapers, 23 Concept Art pictures, 6 Screensavers (collect all 36 puzzle pieces to assemble) 4 Music Soundtracks, 15 replayable Mini Games, 22 replayable Hidden Object Scenes, 14 Achievements to earn, Morphing Objects, a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jul 16, 17 11:22 PM
Well that ended rather suddenly. Normally I enjoy this series very much as an SE as I do enjoy the straight-forward gameplay but the extras tend to be rather weak with the CE. But this game just ended with a giant door slam and really no resolution to the story line. Trying to push us to the CE for storyline resolution? Call me disappointed and in the "never again" category.

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Jul 18, 17 1:33 PM
kgustavson wrote:Well that ended rather suddenly. Normally I enjoy this series very much as an SE as I do enjoy the straight-forward gameplay but the extras tend to be rather weak with the CE. But this game just ended with a giant door slam and really no resolution to the story line. Trying to push us to the CE for storyline resolution? Call me disappointed and in the "never again" category.

Ditto!
Ended much too abruptly.

Go to: