puzzleguy
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

Bonus Level 4 DR

[Post New]by puzzleguy on Jul 14, 17 3:54 PM
This level is just silly. There has to be a trick I am missing to get DR - - anyone?

puzzleguy
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

Re:Bonus Level 4 DR

[Post New]by puzzleguy on Jul 15, 17 9:04 AM
Just beat this level finally with a DR of 11257. Yikes, hard.

Didn't follow guide. Got wood up to 2; food to 3; obelisk to 3 and the combo of all workers and refresh bosun whirl. Had to get lots of food and wood and then maximize workers all the time.

mbmb6868
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by mbmb6868 on Jul 25, 17 6:15 PM
Can't quite get there. Did you do those tasks in that order?

Tiph56
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Tiph56 on Jul 27, 17 8:38 AM
It also works with obelisk and food only upgrated to level 2.
Don't forget to go to the chest (bottom right) as soon as possible.
I only used 2 bonuses : respawn faster (at the beginning) and unlimited workers.

mbmb6868
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by mbmb6868 on Jul 27, 17 5:39 PM
Thank you so much, Tiph. That did the trick!

elizaew
Herring
Herring
380 Posts

[Post New]by elizaew on Aug 24, 17 5:27 PM
this is the only level I have not been able to get gold in expert mode. I guess I will try using unlimited workers more per suggestions here, and see if that works.

chigal012
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by chigal012 on Sep 13, 17 5:55 AM
This one was very hard. I think it very much depends on how you use the bonuses. I too started with quick respawn and then used either that or the unlimited workers depending on the food. If I had enough food, I chose unlimited workers, otherwise I used quick respawn and only bothered collecting wood, food from the bush closest to the house and food from the farm. On one or two occasions I combined both bonuses by using first the unlimited workers and immediately grabbing a gift so I could use the quick refresh at the same time. I think this is what made the difference.

I played this a LOT of times with slight modifications until at some point I finally managed to beat the DR. Some general strategy points:

1. At first, work primarily towards the wood shop, update it, update the farm, build the obelisk and _then_ use your first quick respawn bonus. The bonus meter will fill up before you use it, but that's ok.
2. Get the lower right chest
3. Start clearing the top right area
4. Whenever possible, update the farm and the obelisk to the max.
5. Always watch how much wood/food/gold you have and how much you need, so you don't waste food on extracting gold/wood that won't need. I also tried to click on birds whenever possible, for the few extra points.

Go to: