Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Amarinthine Voyage: The Burning Sky Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 15, 17 12:42 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 07/15/2017 at 10:12:43 AM PST

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Amarinthine Voyage: The Burning Sky Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jul 15, 17 5:46 AM
wow - just a tedious and mediocre game !! yet another series that should be put to rest. and yes, very disappointing that game developers are putting less and less "extra's" into their CE games. does not make it worthwhile to purchase.

WhiteladiesRd
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Amarinthine Voyage: The Burning Sky Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by WhiteladiesRd on Jul 15, 17 6:04 AM
judy, this IS the last one in this series.

Quoting from Eipix facebook:
"Get ready to travel to an alien world for one last time in the thrilling conclusion to the series, Amaranthine Voyage: The Burning Sky CE, out now!"

Just finished the trial, have not checked the extras yet.
I liked the game a lot so far. Well paced, at least for me, very colourful and a good story. The dinosaurs are fun, hopefully we get to know, how they were tamed.
The plot thickens towards the end, a great cliff hanger.
I enjoy the humour in the game, for instance, it says "No need to try to bless the artifact twice, that would be pushing my luck."

Bought the game, have to know now how the story continues.

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Jul 15, 17 7:15 AM
Not impressed enough w/ the demo to want this as a CE. To me, it got off to a slow start, such as w/ guddling around amongst one's possessions to round up one's possibles, & the activity where one uses one's kit. The graphics in some areas (& in all the HO scenes thus far) were tending toward the blurry a/o muddy end of the spectrum; also, I saw no morphs in the HO scenes, so it looks like the dino etchings are the only collectible. I do like the fact that there's been one "progressive" style HO scene thus far; hopefully, that indicates there will be some variety in that wise? The storyline has the potential to be interesting, I think, but it didn't grip me so hard that I can't wait to see what happens, & there was one mini-game already (the "totems" one) which performed somewhat poorly, imo, since you could appear to be doing everything correctly, as per the directions, & still get the "oops, looks like I'm out of moves" message, & have to restart. By the time I figured out what the game wanted me to do (beyond what's stated in the directions), I felt more irritated than gratified. I'll give this one another looksee as an SE, probably, but for now, I think I'd rather go replay "Legacy of the Guardians" instead. Happy Saturday, all.

Edited on 07/15/2017 at 7:18:19 AM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 15, 17 7:25 AM
Eve Glover may want to pursue another career at this point, because every archaeological dig she's assigned to, ends up taking her to another world. One of these days she's going to get stuck there, with no way to return, and perhaps, that would be a great way to close this series. Epix games are top notch, but they just don't know when to quit, they tend to release one game after another, until they drive it into the ground. I gotta give them kudo's for the Lost World storyline theme, but they didn't take advantage of the really cool jurrasic era meets alien world genre. Instead, you get the responsibility of uniting two opposing tribes, that once were one.
The missed opportunity? Well, the tribe originated from another planet, which make them aliens, but they are no different than tribes in any other game, for starters. They use the planet's native dinosaurs as means of transportation, but they don't really focus on them, which is a major mistake in my opinion. There are never any games about dinosaurs, let alone sci-fi games with dinos, would've, could've, SHOULD'VE! Lastly, the graphics are bland and unappealing, not what you'd expect from a futuristic yet prehistoric jungle game, and the only extra offered is the infamous Hidden Sign's, 30 prehistoric drawings.
The Hidden Object Scenes lack detail, which inevitable make objects difficult to find, not because they are well hidden, it's because they are hard to distinguish when there's no detail. Many scenes are multi-layered, and vary with Interactive List finds, Progressive Interactive Silhouetted Shape finds, Multiple Item finds, Finding and Replacing items back into the scene, and finding 5 of the same object in 2 categories that will give you a tool to open up the Object List. There is an optional Bubble Shoot Game as well.
The Mini Games are okay, but nothing really new. Below are brief descriptions of some of the games you'll encounter during the semo:
1) Press symbols in the correct sequence using the encryption code clue.
2) Excavate a dig site using three different tools in the correct order.
3) Position the figurines on their color coded places, then guide them in the correct order, along the slots to their matching platforms that open up after placing them on the correct spots.
4) Slide yellow tiles to make a path for the marble to reach the other side.
5) Form a bridge by finding matching pairs of stones. Select a stone on each side of the bridge to compare them, stones can be rotated.
AMARANTHINE GAMES AVAILABLE
Title***Collector's Edition Release Date***Average Rating
-Legacy of the Guardians (CE 10-15-16) 3.8
-The Burning Sky (CE 7-15-17) N/A
-The Obsidian Book (CE 4-30-15) 3.7
-The Orb of Purity (CE 10-1-15)
-The Shadow of Torment (CE 7-31-14) 4.2
-The Tree of Life (CE 1-27-13) 4.0
-Winter Neverending (CE 4-23-16) 3.4
This Collector's Edition has 13 replayable Hidden Object Scenes, 21 replayable Mini Games, 8 Wallpapers, 12 replayable Movies, 12 Achievements to Earn, 30 Hidden Drawing Signs, a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jul 15, 17 8:22 AM
Four Stars! I like this game. It's a little bit of a departure from the usual dank castles and nasty city scenes. Graphics could have been sharper for these old eyes but I'll get buy. Being an Eipix fan I'll buy almost anything they put out so I've d/l and off to ride Dino for a change.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jul 15, 17 10:12 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Amaranthine Voyage: The Burning Sky Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Amaranthine Voyage: The Burning Sky Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Jul 15, 17 12:15 PM
Its OK for Epix game! Its kinda short! That would be OK if it was a real good good game!

Edited on 07/15/2017 at 12:16:29 PM PST

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Jul 15, 17 5:21 PM

Feast For My Beast and Sugar For My Honey

What's happening: You are archaeologist Eve Glover reopening an expedition into caves in Montana. A prior expedition was abandoned because of an earthquake. You enter a world with prehistoric creatures and two rival tribes. A giant meteor threatens. Will the two tribes be able to cooperate to open the shelter, or will they literally devour each other?

I found the dinosaur theme to be a refreshing change. That said, this game is not exactly groundbreaking. Many of the all-too-familiar story elements and characters are still included. You also use a device called a kinetic beacon. However, I found the trial period interesting enough, although the way it ended was predictable and a little disappointing. Voices are well done and fit the characters. The music is very pleasant.

The colors are somewhat washed out and the scenes are a little flat but not hard on the eyes. The game play itself is pretty linear with very little backtracking. The puzzles are kind of interesting and simple and HOPs are fairly easy too. Usually these last two can make a game boring so I can understand those who feel that way. However I was not bored during the trial, perhaps because the story was different enough to hold my interest. Note: the HOPs to mini game ratio is 13 / 21.

CE extras: Thirty collectible dinosaur symbols (degree of difficulty about 6/10). Souvenir Room. Strategy Guide. Replay of HOPs and mini games. Pseudo extra stuff.

Since I enjoyed the trial I will recommend the game. And besides, where else can you ride a dinosaur! Three and a half stars for a light, refreshing frolic in dinosaur land. Be sure to finish before the meteor hits.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jul 15, 17 11:14 PM
wow - so the last few CE games have been pretty mediocre - I'm going to have to dig really deep in my "purchase history" and replay a lot of older games. Even with the relatively good sale on this weekend - last 3 or 4 CE games - I don't want to spend the money on. wow. very disappointing, for me at least.

Latest Amaranthine Voyage game - no go for me.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Sep 24, 17 8:46 PM
I liked it and I enjoyed it
What a treat to be around Dinosaurs instead of mouldy skeletons and tons of creepy crawlies
It is an easy game to play and the story-line is just fine Since this is the last of the
Amarinthine Voyage series I'll just say thank you to the writers and dev's for having a new aspect with the Dinos

I'm giving this one out of 5 on my personal enjoy-abilitiy scale
Played on desktop PC running Win. 10 with no problems.

Edited on 09/24/2017 at 8:52:54 PM PST

Go to: