Older Version?

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Jul 17, 17 6:03 AM
There's an older game called Bloom! Share Flowers With The World. I wonder if this is the same one, or a sequel? I'll have to wait until tomorrow to try it.

gojojogo
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
465 Posts

Re:Older Version?

[Post New]by gojojogo on Jul 17, 17 7:06 AM
Today was the first time I came across Bloom!
I tried downloading the other, older version, but it would not play on my Win10 computer.
Reading about the older version it is occasion based? This game is location based, so maybe it is different?

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Jul 17, 17 7:39 AM
I have the older game, but haven't played it in a long time. Will have to try it today.

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Jul 17, 17 11:18 AM
All 3 versions are very similar. This one I can open on my Windows 10 laptop by choosing the windowed mode and then changing it to full screen in the settings - the other 2 don't seem to open any more, perhaps because they didn't have that windowed mode option when they came out.

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Jul 17, 17 12:14 PM
Thanks for reminding us of that method to try when opening games on Windows 10. It does work for many of them.

Edited on 07/17/2017 at 12:16:28 PM PST

mumma_1
Clownfish
Clownfish
538 Posts

[Post New]by mumma_1 on Jul 17, 17 12:20 PM
georgiarealist wrote:All 3 versions are very similar. This one I can open on my Windows 10 laptop by choosing the windowed mode and then changing it to full screen in the settings - the other 2 don't seem to open any more, perhaps because they didn't have that windowed mode option when they came out.

I haven't played the older version in a while, I checked the compatibility mode with BFG and it says it does run in Windows 10, so I uninstalled the older game and re-installed it and it now works fine.

I have purchased the new version and also opened in windowed mode and changed to full screen in settings. Opening the 1st level was just like the 1st level in the first game , never mind, I'll give it a go and see if there are any differences as the game goes on.

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Jul 18, 17 9:22 AM
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the first Bloom! game, but it still won't work for me. Not sure why. I know the trial version from another game site has the windowed option opening popup, but the one from BFG doesn't seem to and I don't know how to try it myself.

mumma_1
Clownfish
Clownfish
538 Posts

[Post New]by mumma_1 on Jul 18, 17 9:53 AM
georgiarealist wrote:I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the first Bloom! game, but it still won't work for me. Not sure why. I know the trial version from another game site has the windowed option opening popup, but the one from BFG doesn't seem to and I don't know how to try it myself.

That's strange, have you tried right clicking the shortcut on your desktop and select properties then select 'minimised' in the run box and then apply.

It may ask for you to agree to use admin permissions.

That's the only other way round that I can think of.

You can also change back to maximised and normal window.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jul 18, 17 10:15 AM
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to swim by and touch base with those of you whose games aren't running properly.

If there's trouble getting the game to open, we recommend checking that the video card driver is up to date. We also recommend running the game with administrator permissions. For further instruction about the respective processes, please refer to the help pages below.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

If there's been trouble playing the game in Windowed Mode, it might be helpful to adjust the computer's screen resolution. I've included the help page with those instructions below.

Screen Resolution

If those steps don't work, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team. They'll have the tools to provide further assistance.

Going forward, the Moderation Team also requests that all technical issues be posted to the thread below.

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Bloom! A Bouquet for Everyone here.

This ensures we see each and every technical help request and keeps the forum organized, too.

Thanks for your understanding. The rest of the active Moderators and I are always a PM away. Please don't hesitate to reach out if the need arises.

bfgBeruna

Go to: