Game ceases to work

[Post New]by winchesterjim on Jul 17, 17 4:41 PM
When I downloaded this game a week ago it worked fine , I got a windows update this morning now it will not load. Any help would be appreciated.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Game ceases to work

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 21, 17 5:33 PM
Hello winchesterjim,

Thank you, first of all, for your patience while waiting on a response. I can see that after a Windows update, the game has stopped loading. I'm sorry to hear that because we definitely want our players to be able to continue enjoying their purchased games. What I want to do is provide a suggestion that may help, as well as how to contact our Support Team if more assistance is needed.

We have learned that sometimes, a recent Windows 10 update will cause interference in playing some of our games. While this issue appears to make the game quit working, a quick fix has been found to resolve this issue. All players need to do is change their screen resolution to a different value than what it was previously and then run the game to resolve this issue. If you would like to try to use these steps, the following article can help with changing your computer screen's resolution:

Screen Resolution

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you for your time, and since this is about a technical issue with the game, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread and recreate the designated technical issues thread for this game here:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition here!

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this was helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: