Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Lost Artifacts Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 18, 17 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 07/18/2017 at 6:33:48 AM PST

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Lost Artifacts Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jul 18, 17 1:13 AM
THIS is CE caliber?? Really?? Good grief this game barely makes the list as a standard game never mind CE quality. It isn't even in wide screen for crying out loud. Look, if quality games can't be found, then please stop trying to offer 3 CE's a week. Sheesh! SMH

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Jul 18, 17 3:23 AM
this game is so oldfashion not worth the price of a CE this game doesnt add anything new on a time manegenment game

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Jul 18, 17 5:07 AM
This is a cute little game but certainly not a CE. I came to the Forums to see if I had missed anything about the game, wondering why in the world BF considered this worthy of full price. I would most certainly buy it with a coupon if the occasion arises in the future but not now at this outrageous price.

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

[Post New]by toomuchsht on Jul 18, 17 6:25 AM
I agree, this is not even close to CE standards. I will pass on it until it is offered at a reasonable price.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 18, 17 6:34 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Lost Artifacts Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Lost Artifacts Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

fatandfrumpy
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by fatandfrumpy on Jul 18, 17 8:49 AM
It's a rehash of Elven Legends with a few new tricks but I'm happy with it. There aren't enough TM games............I played all the Northern Tales at least twenty times, so bored with HO's. Played thirty levels so far, gotta admit, not a lot of challenge.

Edited on 07/18/2017 at 12:11:47 PM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 18, 17 9:56 AM
I actually like the graphics, but the only "CE" extras you get with this game is 5 Music Soundtracks, 11 Cartoon Concept Art pics and 23 Achievements, which all qualify for the "who cares" category.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jul 18, 17 10:38 AM
This one only gets 2 stars. Not quite sure what qualifies it as a CE. There is no strategy guide built in, can't find any bonus levels and it really is a rehash of previous games. I bought it because it simply looks different so I'm not staring at the little vikings again today. Personally I think they are just being presented as CE's for increased price since I haven't found anything in this one that makes it special.

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Jul 18, 17 11:25 AM
pennmom36 wrote:I actually like the graphics, but the only "CE" extras you get with this game is 5 Music Soundtracks, 11 Cartoon Concept Art pics and 23 Achievements, which all qualify for the "who cares" category.

Have to agree. I have no interest in soundtracks or concept art (or wallpapers, if anyone's paying attention), and the achievements are only marginally interesting to me. A CE should have bonus levels and a strategy guide, minimum, although I can't see a need for a guide for this kind of basic game. I like this kind of game, but I'll wait for a sale.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 18, 17 12:33 PM
Here's a copy of my review of Lost Artifacts CE, just to give you a little more insight of what is and isn't offered in the game

I love a good Time Management game, and I'm sure this game will appeal to a lot of gamers, but for me, it just wasn't all that fun. I can't really even pinpoint what it was that turned me off, I actually liked the graphics, maybe it's just the fact that lately BF has been releasing these games in Collector's Editions. It wouldn't be worth twice the price of a Standard Edition, even if it was fun. The only thing you get in this version is some Music, cartoonish Concept Art pictures and Achievements to earn, I'll roll all of those features into one category, who cares! It doesn't even have a Strategy Guide built in, which would somewhat constitute the CE price.
There are the usual tasks to perform of gathering resources of Food, Wood, Ore, Gold, Lumber, and the usual buildings to repair such as Huts for workers, Sawmills for Lumber, and a Blacksmith. At least in the demo, you don't get the chance to construct new buildings, you just repair them, personally, I like the strategy of figuring out which building to construct strategically to achieve the goals. (eg: Rescue Team)
I would recommend this game to those who haven't played a lot, if any, TM games, because this one is very easy to play. I would also recommend this game to those who want to play in an untimed mode, because unlike Bloom, this game has an untimed mode. However, I would still recommend that you wait until the SE is released before purchasing.

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by faboomama on Jul 21, 17 7:03 AM
Definitely not worth paying full CE price for or wasting credits. It looks and feels like a prototype to the original Gnome's Garden and nowhere near as interesting or difficult. The write up on the game says "More than 40 levels", so I guess there isn't even 50 levels. No bonus game/levels either like in Rescue Team or Northern Tale games. Everything is straightforward and there's no surprises or new interesting things if you've played a TM game before. Not that you need one to get through this, but there's also no strategy guide. I'm puzzled how this got a CE clearance. The wallpapers and music are never interesting to me, but this game has such terrible graphics and annoying, repetitive music, that I'm extra puzzled it's offered.

nemlee
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by nemlee on Jul 23, 17 4:58 PM
I waited until I had finished the game to post. I have to agree with previous posters that in no way is this a Collectors Edition game. I feel really cheated out of my two game credits, where is the strategy guide, where are the bonus levels? A complete scam in my opinion. I wish I had paid more attention to the reviews before I wasted two good credits. So its my own fault, but I hoped that I might find it fun enough to warrant my two credits. Alas, no, very easy and not challenging at all. I do not play with the music on, and have no use for the screen-savers or whatever they are. so stupid me, what a waste!

spbykatie
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by spbykatie on Jul 30, 17 6:51 PM
I worked to get all gold ( only had to replay 2 levels!) so I could access the bonus levels. Imagine my surprise to find out there are NONE! How is this a CE game? I have totally wasted my money. Not happy at all.

mitupogo
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by mitupogo on Aug 20, 17 7:41 PM
I want a strategy guide in a CE!

Go to: