Downloaded game but won't open

[Post New]by tracymccallon on Jul 18, 17 12:23 PM
It seems I'm not the only one having issues. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but that doesn't help. Is there another fix I may have missed. I have Windows 10.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

Re:Downloaded game but won't open

[Post New]by sazoria on Jul 18, 17 12:45 PM
Hey @tracymccallon,
welcome to the pond!
This is the current fix for all games that won't open because of windows 10, if this doesn't work then you may have another issue going on.

This works for people who cannot open a game whilst using windows 10, and also for some error codes.

gail854 wrote:
I found this by accident on The Forgotten Fairytales forum but it worked for me. Change your screen resolution to something smaller, like 1680x1050, open the game and close it. Change the resolution back to original and open the game again. It worked for me on both games as neither would open but do now. Hope it helps.

-Remember that you can change the resolution back to your normal setting, and play the game in it, once you have opened and closed it in the lower one.

Good luck, and remember that the pond is always open to you if you have any other issues,
Sazoria.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Downloaded game but won't open

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 21, 17 10:19 AM
Hello tracymccallon and sazoria,

I'm sorry to hear that there was trouble with the game running on Windows 10. We became aware of this issue and believe we were able to find a way to resolve this issue for this particular game by changing the screen resolution of the computer. sazoria has provided a good run down of what to do, but I just wanted to swim by with our announcement on the issue as well as how to contact our Support Team should more assistance be necessary.

First of all, some steps on changing your screen resolution can be found in our announcement for this issue below:

An Announcement regarding loading issues on the Windows 10 system- July 13, 2017

If you'd like further assistance changing that screen resolution, the following help article can assist:

Screen Resolution

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Since this seems to be discussing a known technical issue with this game, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread and request future discussion of this issue or reports of new issues in Witches' Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition be provided to the following designated thread:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition here.

Posting technical issues to the designated threads helps both the teams behind the game and forum moderators more accurately and quickly see the impact of player reported issues as well as assists both in more rapidly responding to those issues. Thank you for understanding and for helping keep our forums as accessible as possible.

Thank you as well for your patience. Do not hesitate to contact any of our active Moderators with further questions. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: