Yard Sale Hidden Treasures: Sunnyville and Windows 7

[Post New]by pjoyner on Apr 25, 10 10:00 PM
I have windows 7 and I can't get the gave to load. It worked well with my Vista but not with windows 7. Does any one have a fix ?

arkgirl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Yard Sale Hidden Treasures: Sunnyville and Windows 7

[Post New]by arkgirl on Apr 28, 10 2:17 PM
I have been searching the forums for a fix too. From everything I have read, there is no fix at this time. It's frustrating because these are two of my favorite games!

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Nov 13, 10 6:38 PM
Having the same problem. I have Windows 7, 64 bit. I installed the demo tonight and tried to run it and got some pop up message saying my system must be at least Windows 98. That made me laugh. Out loud. LOL

Akaabbey
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by Akaabbey on Nov 27, 10 9:25 PM
Lisa522 wrote:Having the same problem. I have Windows 7, 64 bit. I installed the demo tonight and tried to run it and got some pop up message saying my system must be at least Windows 98. That made me laugh. Out loud. LOL

7 here too & got the same message....grrrr

[Post New]by juescott on Apr 9, 11 4:15 PM
have un and reinstalled this several times and keep getting message saying I need windows 98 or later,am running windows 7!! seriously fed up now

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Apr 9, 11 4:55 PM
Hi juescott,

Please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) so that you can get help with this issue. Our reps are happy and ready to help!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by keithed on Mar 8, 12 8:33 PM
won t play on windows 7

[Post New]by icedathena on Oct 28, 12 3:09 PM
The game is only set to run on Windows 98 or Vista, it won't play in Windows 7. I got a refund for mine after I got a new computer.

[Post New]by created4apurpose on Jan 28, 13 6:37 PM
I hope the fix the problem. I currently have the demo versions but would like to buy them when we have the money but it would be a waste to if they won't work on windows 7

moonwitch1
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by moonwitch1 on May 6, 13 3:22 PM
I wish one of you guys at fish would take this game in hand and update to work in windows 7. It is one of my fav games of all time, and I see you've put it on facebook but not fixed it for your followers.
Please fix this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on May 6, 13 3:41 PM
Oh Carp!! I guess I'd better nurse my Windows Vista computer along. I LOVE those two games. Please BFG fix them!

[Post New]by Bluegenie2 on May 13, 13 11:40 AM
I fixed this game and Lucky Junction today, all by myself. Thought I would share what I did here.

Right-click on the exe for the game. Choose 'Troubleshoot compatibility' then let the wizard to it's thing. Run the game to make sure it works before saving the setting and closing the wizard. Note that going to the compatibility tab under properties and setting it there won't work, but may be needed for the wizard to work.
Anyway it worked great for me, hopefully it will work for others too

[Post New]by KrissiW on May 30, 13 5:32 AM
I wish I would have searched the forums before buying this game! This is completely and utterly frustrating that it will not work on Windows 7...contacted support, hopefully they can get it settled or at least refund my money. I got addicted to this game on facebook, but refuse to spend all the facebook cash in order to play it more than 10 minutes (because you have to either wait several hours or spend cash to get energy to visit neighbors - hoping that is not the case in the purchased version!)

[Post New]by Foxxii on Jul 14, 13 9:59 AM
Bluegenie2 wrote:I fixed this game and Lucky Junction today, all by myself. Thought I would share what I did here.

Right-click on the exe for the game. Choose 'Troubleshoot compatibility' then let the wizard to it's thing. Run the game to make sure it works before saving the setting and closing the wizard. Note that going to the compatibility tab under properties and setting it there won't work, but may be needed for the wizard to work.

How do I find the exe for the game? I'm looking in all the files. Please post step by step instructions for Windows 7. Thanks!

txrose3
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,035 Posts

[Post New]by txrose3 on Mar 25, 14 3:04 PM
Having the same problem. I've owned the game for years, but had deleted it. Decided to play again and reinstalled. Now I'm getting the same popup message as others.

[Post New]by 06211956 on Jul 3, 14 9:07 AM
Me too, I hope they fix it, I want to play!!!

[Post New]by kelly_fen_mak1 on Sep 22, 14 8:23 AM
Bluegenie2 wrote:I fixed this game and Lucky Junction today, all by myself. Thought I would share what I did here.

it didn't work for me !
please help

Kyandra
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Kyandra on Jan 31, 15 6:36 PM
Wouldn't work for me either.

Tried every version of XP, Vista, and 98

Sad sad, I've owned it a very very long time.

Go to: