Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Crime Stories: Days of Vengeance here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 19, 17 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 07/19/2017 at 5:20:28 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Crime Stories: Days of Vengeance here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 19, 17 5:20 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Customer Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

ctitus
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by ctitus on Jul 23, 17 8:22 AM
I have found it nearly impossible to play this game. After breaking a certain number of tiles, empty spots appear and you are unable to move anything to make a match. Since there are no instructions, I do not know how to move forward.

[Post New]by XFreak on Jul 25, 17 2:28 AM
I think u need to collect hammer or bomb tools for destroy the chains/obstacle.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jul 25, 17 11:24 AM
Hello ctitus,

If XFreak's kind suggestion -- thank you for reaching out -- doesn't work, I'll be happy to troubleshoot this with you.

When a game freezes or takes a long time to load, I always recommend checking to see whether the computer's video card driver is up to date. The video card driver is responsible for directing how the computer displays images, and if there's an update available, then installing it could help the game run more smoothly. Please see the help page below for further instruction.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

It can also be helpful to run the game with administrator permissions. This frees up resources necessary for the game to run smoothly. The instructions for the process can be found in the help page below.

Run Game as Administrator

If those instructions don't work, please contacting our Technical Support Team, who will be the best equipped to provide further assistance.

Thanks for your understanding and please PM me or another active Moderator if any more questions arise. We'll be happy to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by bethmarshburn on Aug 6, 17 9:59 PM
ctitus wrote:I have found it nearly impossible to play this game. After breaking a certain number of tiles, empty spots appear and you are unable to move anything to make a match. Since there are no instructions, I do not know how to move forward.

Ditto. After I break tiles using powerups, it leaves blank holes and/or targets that refuse to swap. I'm on a new desktop lenovo, my video is up to date, and I'm not having problems with any other games. Just this game is broken.

[Post New]by martie101 on Aug 7, 17 5:47 AM
mine is doing the same thing , can't move on i'm 87 % finished and ran into the same problem

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 7, 17 9:58 AM
Hi bethmarshburn and martie101,

I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble progressing in this particular game. I definitely want to help get things up and running. Thank you bethmarshburn for letting us know that everything is up to date on your computer. It is recommended to try running the game as an administrator. By doing so, it will help the game obtain the necessary permissions and resources to run properly. Please refer to the following Big Fish Games Help page for these steps:

Run Game as Administrator

If issues continue to appear with this specific scene, please reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team can help look into this as they have the appropriate tools.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to any of the moderators.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by bethmarshburn on Aug 7, 17 4:54 PM
bfgBellerophon wrote:Hi bethmarshburn and martie101,
--snip--
It is recommended to try running the game as an administrator. By doing so, it will help the game obtain the necessary permissions and resources to run properly. Please refer to the following <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us">Big Fish Games Help</a> page for these steps:
<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/231139168">Run Game as Administrator </a>
--snip--
bfgBellerophon

That was interesting. I did the steps to run as Admin, and the game wouldn't start at all - just made the bigfish "plop" sound and nothing happens (yes, I waited patiently). I set the file properties back and it does run.

Incidentally, it is possible to play this game by NOT using the tools, except an occasional hammer to break a single piece - no suns, no explosions. However it's not always possible to complete a level this way, and frankly not much fun.

I will transfer this problem to the support team. Thanks!

Game definitely has issues.:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Crime Stories: Days of Vengeance here

[Post New]by fiddlefat on Aug 12, 17 10:15 AM
[i]Im at 90 percent and cannot swipe positions of many of the symbols...this immediately happens when you use any of the power ups....there are areas you can swipe positions but many areas you cannot. My computer is fine...and the game was working fine until you get at 85 or 90 percent and the games get more challenging. I think if there is no fix..we should get a refund.

TrickC56
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by TrickC56 on Aug 17, 17 1:31 PM
I am having the same issue as the rest of you folks. I have all these blank spaces, doesn't matter if I use a power-up or not. I make matches, and then just blank spaces. It makes it impossible to continue. Hopefully there is a fix for this. My laptop is up to date, and all other games work fine. Very frustrating. Please help.

[Post New]by mjburger on Sep 14, 17 10:01 PM
I am at 87% and am having the same problems with the game. This is very frustrating, as I was enjoying playing this game. My laptop is also up to date and all other games & programs work fine. Please find a solution or at least give us a refund for this game!

[Post New]by jbellgames on Nov 24, 17 10:55 AM
I am playing on a MACBook Air laptop- El Capitain 10:11:6. The game seems to work fine, but I cannot get out of the game without force shutting down the laptop. There is no menu or button to get out of the game, and the esc button does nothing. Thanks for your help. Juliet Bell

Go to: