Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Crime Stories: Days of Vengeance here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 19, 17 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 07/19/2017 at 5:19:36 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Crime Stories: Days of Vengeance here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 19, 17 5:20 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Crime Stories: Days of Vengeance here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Crime Stories: Days of Vengeance.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jul 19, 17 5:23 AM
Too much story telling, not enough explanation about the "bonuses" for large groups, and the music drove me to distraction. Definitely not on my list of must have games.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 19, 17 8:01 AM
I totally agree with jennsmom, I couldn't even finish the demo. The music is really annoying, the Sun power-up seems worthless, and when they explain the new "tool" you receive, you will totally miss the tools function if you're caught up in the moment and make a match, because the blurb goes bye-bye.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 19, 17 8:27 AM
Chicago might be burning, but the fire burning inside Detective John D's vengeful heart is hotter. The Mafia is getting worried, because this detective has nothing left to lose!
This is an ordinary Match 3 game with a decent story, nothing new is offered except for the story part. The music is extremely annoying and I had to turn if off. There are the usual tasks of breaking crates, chains etc. and large matches will give you a Sun bonus which is practically worthless.
As you progress, you will rebuild damaged Chicago buildings, which in turn give you a resource or a "Tool" such as a Hammer or Grenade. The explanation blurb about these tools will disappear instantly if you happen to make a match the second the tool recharges and tells you what the tool does.
I just didn't find this Match 3 game all that thrilling, but I'm sure it will please many gamers with the story alone.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jul 19, 17 10:27 AM
Just a mediocre match three game. Not exceptionally good or bad. If you like Match Three Games, Try it. I used a coupon to buy it, enjoying it as a change of pace from H.O G.'s
Try it you might like it.

[Post New]by XFreak on Jul 19, 17 12:41 PM
I love this game, the music doesnt bother me anyway, its a jazz, some people hate it, some people love it and i love it

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Jul 19, 17 7:22 PM
I loved the music, and the main character's voice and tone of the story reminded me of the OLD Tex Murphy adventure games that got me started on computer games many years ago. But it's not enough to make me want to buy the uninspiring match-3 game. Wish it had been an adventure or even a strategy game (what you call time-management.)

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 20, 17 4:39 AM
As M3 games go, this is a nice and entertaining one. There is a Relaxed and Timed mode. In Relaxed mode, you can win between 1-3 gold stars, depending on whether you are using power ups or not. At least, I think that's the reason I sometimes I get 1, 2 or 3 stars.

What I don't like about M3 games, and this one is no exception, is that when I play a grid, arrows keep popping up to tell me where I can make a move. I don't want to see them. Firstly, they never appear where I want to make a match, and secondly, I find them intensely distracting.

Surely there must be a way to give the players a choice on whether they want the arrows appear or not. I don't want to see them, and they are a so much of a turn-off for me that I often don't bother buying the game.

gertie23
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by gertie23 on Jul 20, 17 6:08 PM
Although it took 3 attempts (one including dumping the game manager & reinstalling it), I was finally able to download the game. I thought it's style looked familiar but I couldn't figure it out until I finished the first 'stage'. It then struck me, it's made by the same people who made 'The Trials of Olympus'. It's not the best game ever created but I enjoyed it. I like M3 games, especially the ones where you build/create something.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for Crime Stories: Days of Vengeance here.

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jul 21, 17 7:15 AM
In the later part of my trial hour, I actually needed the bonuses, which was interesting. It isn't always the case with Match 3s. Otherwise very ordinary.

I actually like the jazz music; it is adjustable, as usual these days.

The narrative is unpleasant and not all that believable.

I finished my free hour, but not a buy for me.

b58aby
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by b58aby on Aug 12, 17 6:16 PM
This game is just like all 3 The Trials of Olympus. This game have the same layout, and no custom cursor. I love Jazz, but the music wa giving me a headache. This would be a no buy for me.

[Post New]by firebird5555 on Aug 19, 17 5:33 AM
I got this game using a free game credit...good thing. Boring as hell. Annoying music, little dialogue, no real interest here for me. I'll go back to my HO games where there is at least something else to do. If you like match 3 games try 4 Elements II. At least there's more variety in the puzzles and you actually have to think to get through it.

kandinsky
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

This is "Voice From Heaven 2"

[Post New]by kandinsky on Aug 20, 17 6:19 PM
In January we had from this developer The Voice From Heaven , like this a plot driven match three game which as I wrote in a review then was a gift for me at that time.
The plot in Crime Stories is very different from that sunny whimsical journey through fairy lands...Here is is a police officer's quest for revenge rather in the "Sin City" mode as he goes after the Mafia bosses through fire and bullets. There is a jazz background which is very pleasant to me, it was Jazz that drew me to the first two Cadenza games.
However with every difference it can be noted that in fact the game is pretty much the same and even the same match three levels are being used ,at least often, with of course different colors and designations but in fact the same games.
A difference is that the boost ups have been strengthened in this appearance with one which eliminates a whole line , and another ,dynamite, which blows out a major part of the set up. This makes easier what was already a rather easy match three game but for me the strong plot and colorfulness of the game are enough and indeed I like a challenge which is more imaginary(looks difficult even though the difficulty melts away in a few minutes play) than real.
It is fun , a time passer without other pretension than fun, and I like it, and I think you may too... so I recommend this game to you!

Go to: