bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Master Wu and the Glory of the Ten Powers

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 26, 10 12:05 AM
Let Master Wu and the glorious sword of the 10 powers take you on a Hidden Object adventure through ancient China! Investigate various locations like a harbor and an ancient Chinese fortress as you search for the lost magical sword. Look for artifacts and clues to help you reach your goal! Master multiple minigames to progress and discover the secrets of Master Wu and the glorious sword of the 10 powers!

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Master Wu and the Glory of the Ten Powers

[Post New]by thistle809 on Apr 26, 10 1:05 AM
I'll be kind and simply describe this as a very rudimentary attempt at an HOG, The English translation is on a par with someone just beginning a language course. The graphics are quite basic, and the interactive features are not well-refined. On the plus side, you do have the option of a timed or untimed version, the hints are unlimited, and the mini-games have a "skip" option. Overall, not up to Felix's usual high standards, at all.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 26, 10 2:01 AM
Did anyone notice the first word on the list, dices ? The graphics were nice and the music was rather annoying. I played for about half an hour and got bored really fast. There may be some fishies that will have a different opinion, if you enjoyed the game....Happy Gaming!! and go have fun, TMann

Edited on 04/26/2010 at 2:04:11 AM PST

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 26, 10 2:06 AM
i'm inclined to agree... i gave it the full hour, hoping that somewhere there would be something to redeem it, but alas! i think this was just too painful to be funny and too easy to have the small redeeming quality of a challenge... the mini-games were sometimes okay, definitely different, but mostly menial... the hidden object scenes were SO not right, with items scattered here and there, nothing having a real sense of purpose, and items so grossly misproportioned... when sent looking for a fortune cookie in a drawer where there four or five of them, it amazes me that the game "bonged" to let me know i was over-clicking it just a bit... and the "door handler" and "sigar" made me wince! i made it through chapter five in this endeavor, but as grueling as the effort was, i will be deleting this game from my computer - to never look back! i was really hoping it would be half-way up to snuff, but i guess i will just have to sit back and wait for another game, another day...

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 26, 10 2:38 AM
To: ember89 I am sorry to hear you didn't like it, tomorrow will be another day and I am crossing my fingers for you. I know it gets rather frustrating, when you can't find something that you can sink your teeth into. Take Care, TMann

Edited on 04/26/2010 at 2:40:26 AM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 26, 10 2:45 AM
all i can say is i always finish demo,s.....until now

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 26, 10 2:51 AM
bella81762 wrote:all i can say is i always finish demo,s.....until now
LOL!!!

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on Apr 26, 10 2:55 AM
put in my name but where do you press to start play i cant find anything so cant try it help love besstan

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 26, 10 3:12 AM
To: besstan It should be below your name, press create new. Good Luck, T

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Apr 26, 10 5:29 AM
Wow!!! These have to be some of the smallest hidden objects I have ever seen (or not seen lol). I had a headache by the time I gave up after 40 minutes or so. Very hard on the eyes. Game not too well explained. Sigar...is cigar, that kind of stuff.

Donick2
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Donick2 on Apr 26, 10 6:58 AM
I agree with general opinion & didn't even finish demo or I would have

Come on BF give us something decent before end of month last 2 not worth buying & one before that STILL not working

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Apr 26, 10 7:27 AM
NO THANKS "not" 4 me

Happy Gaming

PEN

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by azmesa340 on Apr 26, 10 7:34 AM
Donick2 wrote:I agree with general opinion & didn't even finish demo or I would have

Come on BF give us something decent before end of month last 2 not worth buying & one before that STILL not working

Boy do I agree with that! Right on. Where or where are the "good" games?

hd2222
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by hd2222 on Apr 26, 10 7:46 AM
WOW! I'm a STARFISH, but became a FLOUNDER with this game .........without increasing my posts. Sorry, not my cup of tea. Just sitting here with my five arms waiting to embrace a really, really good game,hopefully this week.

barbaralbb
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by barbaralbb on Apr 26, 10 9:14 AM
Tiny hidden objects, fuzzy focus on the scenes, not very interesting game, music not great. All in all, no sale on this one - only played about 20 min and got bored with it. We'll see what tomorow brings - maybe the next game will be more interesting - not a great week, from a new game standpoint......

Edited on 04/26/2010 at 9:15:28 AM PST

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 26, 10 9:20 AM
Very sloppy game - had no idea what was going on and cared less. Poor grammar, awful music. No buy for me for sure. Didn't finish demo. BTW great to see you bestan!!!

[Post New]by dragonfairy5 on Apr 26, 10 9:41 AM
Wherein it may not be that great of a game, I had little problem with it.

I just wished everyone would remember one thing. It takes a lot of time to make a game that is fantastic and most enjoy. The developers that take their time and test constantly produce some of the greatest games. But with everyone yelling for those games only puts the developers in a faster mode which in turn takes away from what they had in mind for a game.

Trying to get those games out for people to play because of pressure to do so simply does not help with the end results.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Apr 26, 10 10:26 AM
Wouldn't it be neat if a gaming company went all out and created a HOG based primarily on Engrish?

lopie65
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by lopie65 on Apr 26, 10 10:43 AM
i couldnt even navagate how did you do it

mskymee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by mskymee on Apr 26, 10 11:07 AM
I agree. This game is not well thought out at all. Is it me, or has Big Fish games been slacking in the last few weeks. Give us some good games, please! I have one punch left and I am also getting nervous.
Thanks!
Mskymee

Go to: