Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Puppet Show: Arrogance Effect Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 22, 17 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 07/22/2017 at 10:39:11 AM PST

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Puppet Show: Arrogance Effect Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Jul 22, 17 1:16 AM
I only played the demo. There was a long pause before the game would even start. A couple of times it would freeze and then start again. I would like to buy the game because I have loved this series, but the demo was a bit confusing.

truddi
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Puppet Show: Arrogance Effect Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by truddi on Jul 22, 17 5:34 AM
[b]I am seeing the same problem with the demo. Long pauses on loading this game and freezing in parts. I would also buy this game but not as it is playing at the moment.Shame as it would add to all the other puppet show games I have.

I am using windows 10 and seldom have problems with BF games.

Edited on 07/22/2017 at 5:37:31 AM PST

ChocCherry
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by ChocCherry on Jul 22, 17 5:56 AM
Same issue with the freezing. Is there a fix in the works? I'd like to know before I buy.

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by A1psyko on Jul 22, 17 6:17 AM
Same here, long time loading, game freezing, moves really slow. Error messages and got kicked out. I am using Windows 10.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jul 22, 17 10:40 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility (Computer)

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Technical Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBeruna

moxymaxy
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by moxymaxy on Jul 22, 17 11:52 AM
I will contact the help folks,but just wanted to echo that I am having the same runtime errors as other players.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Jul 22, 17 11:56 AM
Same problem here. Jumping, freezing, restart. Too frustrating for me. I think I'll wait till a fix is in. Happy weekend everyone.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jul 22, 17 4:12 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks so much for reaching out. I'm sorry your games aren't working and am swimming by to provide help.

When a game freezes or takes a long time to load, I always recommend checking to see whether the computer's video card driver is up to date. The video card driver is responsible for directing how the computer displays images, and if there's an update available, then installing it could help the game run more smoothly. Please see the help page below for further instruction.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Running the game with administrator permissions can also free up resources necessary for the game to play properly, so I'd recommend doing that too. Here's the help page with instructions for that process.

Run Game as Administrator

If the game still freezes after you've tried those suggestions, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide further help.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jul 22, 17 5:22 PM
no issues at all with the demo, so far. Using win 8.1 on a PC.

OOPS, I spoke too soon. about 10 minutes further into the game, got booted out with an "access error" message - needless to say, I am glad that I had not yet purchased this game.

Edited on 07/24/2017 at 7:58:17 AM PST

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Jul 22, 17 5:46 PM
I Beta tested this game and didn't think much of it then, but the beta actually worked better than this one! It's jumping around, have to click on something 2 or three times and then it seems to just jump over the problem and I have whatever I was trying to assemble, or operate and it's just done it, jumped right over it. Weird! Too glitchy for me!

Boomer47
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Boomer47 on Jul 22, 17 5:48 PM
Repeated crashing at the fire scene when I try and use the fire extinguisher. Will delete and reload games.

Reloaded with no change.

Time to call Dr. Felix

Edited on 07/23/2017 at 12:29:47 AM PST

tbnsgma
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by tbnsgma on Jul 22, 17 11:00 PM
I keep getting an error message, so it won't even load for me. SIGH!!!

GloriaEE
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by GloriaEE on Jul 23, 17 3:25 AM
Same issue with the fire extinguisher - crashes at the same point each time. Will wait until it's fixed before buying as I have all the Puppet Show games, love them.

[Post New]by luv_my_bagel on Jul 23, 17 4:13 PM
Not sure if this might be a "tech" issue, but after entering the photographer's room, you "get in a fight" with the hotel employee and are presented with a "match 3" board and are told to select 3 or more of the same item. However, if there aren't any "matches" on the board, your only option is to "reset" the game. I reset it numerous times with the same result each time so I ended up deleting the demo. Using Windows 10 on PC.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 24, 17 9:36 AM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team greatly appreciates players taking the time to post in this thread what is occurring when trying to play this game. We definitely want to help get things up and running as they should, and wanted to provide some Big Fish Games Help pages with troubleshooting steps. Please keep in mind that the help pages contain steps that have been known to help resolve issues.

For players that are experiencing an Access Violation error message, please refer to the following help page:

Access Violation

If you are having trouble with the game crashing or not letting you progress, please try to run the game as an administrator. This will give the game the appropriate resources to run properly. I'll include that help page below:

Run Game as Administrator

If you continue to have issues, please reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team has the tools to provide further assistance and troubleshooting if needed.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to use the private messaging system to reach out to any of the active moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

sollys
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by sollys on Jul 24, 17 11:41 AM
I am playing the demo with absolutely no problems at all on Windows 8;1.

pedeymom
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by pedeymom on Jul 24, 17 4:24 PM
i
i purchased the game its in my purchase history ,but it wont load .it isnt in my queue.
Tried numerous times to load .Using Windows 10

Edited on 07/24/2017 at 4:43:10 PM PST

irishtina
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by irishtina on Jul 24, 17 8:38 PM
Same problem here....free the fire extinguisher, but when I try to use it, the game kicks me out, and I get:

Runtime Error!
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

System info:

Windows 10 Pro
64 Bit x64 based processor
16 GB RAM

Will try the support links you've posted. Thanks!

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Jul 25, 17 8:33 AM
pedeymom wrote:i
i purchased the game its in my purchase history ,but it wont load .it isnt in my queue.
Tried numerous times to load .Using Windows 10

Contact customer support. This has happened to me before, turned out there was a hick up on BF's side and unless they fix that you can't download the game.

Hth

Go to: