Try to open the game but then big fish game manager closes.

[Post New]by ponycar on Jul 25, 17 6:03 AM
I recently purchased this game as a daily deal and when I try to start the game, Big Fish Game Manager closes. I have contacted technical support with multiple responses telling me to repeat the steps that I already have. I have updated video and sound drivers, updated my directx, removed and reinstalled flash and shockwave, reinstalled the game with my antivirus turned off, removed and reinstalled Big Fish Game Manager, sent technical support a Dr. Felix Report, updated windows. What's most frustrating me is the the loop I am getting from Big Fish technicians, if they don't know how to fix this, then they should just say so and refund my money. So I am wondering if anyone else is having the same or similar problem and I am hoping for a solution. I am running Windows 10.

Edited on 07/25/2017 at 6:05:43 AM PST

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

Re:Try to open the game but then big fish game manager closes.

[Post New]by sazoria on Jul 25, 17 9:06 AM
@ponycar

I can't guarantee that this will work for you as I'm not sure whether you are having the same issue as everyone else who this has worked for, but there is a fix for opening games that otherwise won't open.
The issue occurs because of an incompatibility with windows 10 (that doesn't work well with many bf games).
If this fix doesn't work, then there is another issue going on, but this is the current fix for all games that won't open because of windows 10-

This works for people who cannot open a game whilst using windows 10, and also for some error codes.

gail854 wrote:
I found this by accident on The Forgotten Fairytales forum but it worked for me. Change your screen resolution to something smaller, like 1680x1050, open the game and close it. Change the resolution back to original and open the game again. It worked for me on both games as neither would open but do now. Hope it helps.

-Remember that you can change the resolution back to your normal setting, and play the game in it, once you have opened and closed it in the lower one.

Please post back if this works or not so that I and others know In the future.

Good luck and happy gaming
Sazoria.

Re:Try to open the game but then big fish game manager closes.

[Post New]by Gaulkept on Oct 19, 17 3:01 PM
I had the same problem and this fix worked for me.
Thank You!

Go to: