rbsworld
Herring
Herring
317 Posts

Is everyone buying the airship bundle???

[Post New]by rbsworld on Jul 25, 17 11:37 AM
I realize this is a bit of old news but I really didn't pay much attention to it when the offer first popped up. In the back of my mind I thought well, I have enough airship stuff and my exclusive pets supplement really well...blah blah blah.

That was before when I still had levels to do. Now that I only have DQs, Trina, gifting airship items and the couple of CCs left I'm kinda thinking maybe I should stock up....

I mean, not only to buffer tonight's challenge but the questing part of the upcoming pet medallion thingy. That one has my head spinning.

Input is greatly appreciated as always,

RBsMom

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:Is everyone buying the airship bundle???

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 25, 17 11:44 AM
I'm still on the fence. Here's what I posted about it in the DQ'ers thread:

Is anybody else having trouble deciding whether to buy those airship items? I keep having a conversation with myself that goes something like this:

Me1: Why not buy them? You have more than enough diamonds.

Me2: But I would have to guess correctly 54 times while playing the puzzles to replace the diamonds I spent.

Me1: Buying them would mean 180 less hidden object scenes you have to play. And lately, you're struggling to play 100 scenes per game each day.

Me2: True...but 180 items is only enough for about 2 ships provided the 2 ships don't want the same items.

Me1: They're half price. If you needed to buy them any other time, it would cost you 540 diamonds.

Me2: But I would never let my airship supply get to the point where I needed to buy airship items.

Me1: You got something else to buy with all those diamonds you've been hoarding for 3 years?

Me2: I could open 54 hidden object scenes with those 270 diamonds.

Czoe
Herring
Herring
334 Posts

[Post New]by Czoe on Jul 25, 17 12:07 PM
A dilemma, so let us know what you decide, wise one, TiramaSue.

My take is that if you have the diamonds, why not? Shore up the items that you are lacking, and the game will give you more, right?

I have diamonds in my jewelry box that I rarely wear that will go to my daughters, who will rarely wear them. Unless I keep them for the Zombie Apocolypse, when I will need them to cut through a window to escape.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 25, 17 12:17 PM
Czoe wrote:A dilemma, so let us know what you decide, wise one, TiramaSue.

My take is that if you have the diamonds, why not? Shore up the items that you are lacking, and the game will give you more, right?

I have diamonds in my jewelry box that I rarely wear that will go to my daughters, who will rarely wear them. Unless I keep them for the Zombie Apocolypse, when I will need them to cut through a window to escape.

Well, every hidden object scene gives an airship item, regardless of how many you have. The problem is getting a scene to give you a particular airship item. If this sale allowed you to get 180 items but to choose how many of each, I'd go for it. But it doesn't, so I'm still on the fence.

kujosmom
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by kujosmom on Jul 25, 17 12:27 PM
Not me----Luckily I found the forum early in the game and read the posts that said "do the rounds do the rounds do the rounds". I've been fortunate to have enough pet food and airship items. I'm usually very impatient but when I saw all the players waiting for an update I kept reminding myself not to hurry because it would just lead to the inevitable wait. Since I am impatient - I did create another user profile and therefore had another game to go to in my downtime.

Have fun storming the castle !!!

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Jul 25, 17 3:11 PM
My first thought when I saw the bundle.........put my back up BAD!! Thought.....they take all the airship items and then sell them back to us? NOPE!!! NOT GONNA DO IT!!

Hubby says why not? I have the diamonds..........I NEED the airship items......so I thought he is right and I bought them on both games, even though I didn't really need them on the alt.........I remember someone long ago saying the diamonds are to make the game EASIER.......and why am I hoarding them? Made my life easier as I am having PC troubles and having a hard time doing rounds to replace the airship items.

TBH..........I wish now they would let us buy more than one bundle.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 25, 17 3:26 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and thank players for taking the time to address the topic presented in this thread. For clarification, these airship bundles are an option for players to purchase with diamonds and will run until the end of the Castle Challenge. Please take note that these bundles appear at certain level increments of the game. For example, if you are at level 59 and also purchase a bundle, another one will be available when you level up to 60. While the bundle is meant to help throughout the Castle Challenge, it isn't mandatory to purchase these items.

Happy gaming everyone! If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me or any of the Active Moderators through the private messaging system. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

Milan_Indiana
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by Milan_Indiana on Jul 25, 17 3:29 PM
I'm a hoarder at level 54...have between 2,200 and 2,700 for all airship items. Won't spend diamonds to add more airship items to my inventory. Now, if you are low (whatever low or high is) then maybe it is a good deal.

Milan

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
812 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Jul 25, 17 3:35 PM
I bought them because of Tiramasue's "me 1" argument won out, and because since I have been working on DQ's so hard, I'm down 200 or more on each of the airship items, with my highest one being down 400. I'm a hoarder too, and I just couldn't stand seeing my supply dwindle. I have also quit doing 3 and 5 part DQ's that require airship, and because of this, the airship items are going back up. So when I get comfortable enough with the amounts, I'll start those 3 and 5 part DQ's again.

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Jul 25, 17 3:50 PM
Nope.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jul 25, 17 3:57 PM
Not me. No reason to.
I don't send the airship just because it's there, or because Trina wants it. I'm very selective with what DQs I do - they have to give me something worth what they take, which most do not. And I'm not doing the last 3rd of this CC. It's also not giving me something worth what it takes.

But I'm reassured by seeing so many of you wanting this deal, & more like it, even at such tremendous expense! Seriously, I was shocked when I saw what this bundle was selling for.
I frequently give airship items to my level 78 friends & sometimes feel like I'm being cheap. But this reminds me how much in demand they are to maxed out players, & I'm happy to be able to help.

I'll be gifting airship items all day tomorrow, since it's such a demanding day for everyone still working on the CC.
Good luck, all!

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 25, 17 4:01 PM
gtminer - I think you said the magic word 'comfortable'.

Each player will have a different idea of how many diamonds, airship items, coins, etc makes them feel comfortable. And their comfort threshold will rise and fall depending upon what stage of the game the have reached and what changes the developers make to the game.

sbaker2318 - good for you, listening to your husband. If you've got lots of something you're not using and an opportunity to turn that something into something else that you need now, go for it.

Wish I could think of a way to make all my extra stamps useful. But I don't need coins, and I just can't bring myself to craft for shards.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jul 25, 17 4:06 PM
My second game - No I don't need any extra.

My first game - kinda mulling over TiramaSue's self argument;
"Me1: Buying them would mean 180 less hidden object scenes you have to play. And lately, you're struggling to play 100 scenes per game each day. "

So my first game is now on the fence. I'll make a decision one way or another on the last day of the offer.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jul 25, 17 4:18 PM
I did in all 4 games.... I thought it was a good deal, and since they've never offered that kind of deal before, and who knows if they will again... decided to make hay while the sun was still shining.... I will not make it to the next available levels where I could purchase them again in any of my games before the time is up.... Which, is another reason why I did it while I still could...

Did I need them?... no.... But, I'd rather have them and not need them than need them and not have them... Diamonds are not an issue... airships, no matter how many HO's I do, are always an issue.

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
812 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Jul 25, 17 4:30 PM
I missed the "Golden Era" of puzzles when the floodgates were wide open to get shards. I so wish instead of getting coin, I would have gotten shards. So that leaves only crafting and the rare egg for the shard achievement. I don't need the coin and the stamps, so I craft for shards

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 25, 17 6:36 PM
silver_hawk wrote:My second game - No I don't need any extra.

My first game - kinda mulling over TiramaSue's self argument;
"Me1: Buying them would mean 180 less hidden object scenes you have to play. And lately, you're struggling to play 100 scenes per game each day. "

So my first game is now on the fence. I'll make a decision one way or another on the last day of the offer.

I still haven't ruled it out for either of my games.

We've now reached the most grueling part of the castle challenge: tasks #23 through #28. Yes, we will be restocking airship items with those 300 hidden object scenes, but I have a feeling that when I'm done, I won't be in the mood to do 100 per day for quite a while. But I'll still want to complete DQ's.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jul 25, 17 6:40 PM
I definitely will not be purchasing the bundle......yes, I do have plenty of diamonds....but, I also just can't see spending them for airship items (even at half off).

(I did purchase the package on the PC game to see whether it impacted Market Master achievement .... it counts in NO WAY toward that achievement. And once the purchase it made, the little sale icon goes away. So it is a one-time offer until the next level for it to present comes up.)

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Jul 25, 17 7:19 PM
I still haven't decided. If, like TiramaSue said, you could pick and choose which airship items you wanted it would have been a quick sale for me. But as it stands, I don't think 30 of each item will help me much. But never say never

Firedragon13
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by Firedragon13 on Jul 25, 17 8:10 PM
Personally I am okay with air ship items, but I think it is great the Dev's offered the chance to buy items at a discount. I recall several people on the forum wishing they had more items to load the ships. They dev's provided a way to increase your AS inventory, buying them at a discount.

I say thanks!!

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Jul 25, 17 9:30 PM
I did, mainly because I was really really low on PC game. Top level, but for some reason I burned through them, then didn't have enough for the first AS challenge. Too bad it came after the challenge when I needed them!
And just for an extra 'cushion' I bought it on the iOS game too.

I guess now I will run out of gems..

Go to: