Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Ghost Files: The Face of Guilt here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 26, 17 12:40 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 07/26/2017 at 6:38:06 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Ghost Files: The Face of Guilt here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 26, 17 6:38 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Ghost Files: The Face of Guilt here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Ghost Files: The Face of Guilt.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 26, 17 10:52 AM
When the Collector's Edition was first released, I was really excited when I read the title of this new series, Ghost Files: The Face of Guilt. Awesome, says I, a new paranormal game series about Ghosts! After downloading the game, my anticipation starts mounting, first things first, let's check out the "extra's," contain yourself says I. So I gathered my excited wits, surely there are ghostly beyond objects, says I, aha!, er....wait a minute, where are the Collector's Edition extras, says I? Well, turns out that you have to Buy the Game, Play the Game, and Yes, you actually have to FINISH THE ENTIRE GAME before you have access to anything! Now I understand what that stupid saying means that my Grandma used to always say, "you wouldn't buy a pig in a poke, would you?" I remember asking her, Grandma, what's a poke? Her reply, it's a bag, my next question, but Grandma, why did they put a pig in a bag? Her response, "exactly!" Hmf!?!
Now that the proverbial pig is out of its bag, or is it still in the bag? Anyway, let's just move right along to the story, Ghost stories! Wait, what? Ghost Files is about a serial killer? Okay, maybe I just haven't progressed far enough into the game, I'm betting that the serial killer has been dead for about 50 years, but he thinks he's still alive, I says to myself, keep playing! Nope, it still seems that the "Guilty Man" is very much alive. Ooh, ooh, I know the answer, Emily Hunter, the lead detective, is really dead, but she doesn't know she's dead and keeps coming to work, that's why she just ditched the Psychic, Julie Sanders, right? Wrong, she's apparently still very much alive too! So I keep doing my detective thing all over the city, suspecting that everyone I see, is just a ghost, but they keep disappointing me with their living, breathing, aliveness! By the end of the demo, I've come to the conclusion that I'm not going to see any ghosts, until.........I FINISH THE ENTIRE GAME, am I right?
The Hidden Object Scenes involve finding several ghosts. Actually none of that was true, they are just normal junk piles, consisting mostly of Interactive List finds or Progressive, Interactive Silhouetted Shape finds. You can opt to play an alternate Monaco Card Game of matching pairs of identical cards with ghosts on them. Okay that part isn't true either, there are no ghost pictures. You can make matches vertically, horizontally, diagonally or ghostly.
The Mini Games don't involve ghosts or files. Below are brief descriptions of some of the ghostly games you'll encounter during the demo:
1) Turn the safe dial to the correct numbers and the correct direction, right, left or ghost.
2) Compare the 2 finger prints by dragging the microscope lens across the ghostly sample on the right, searching for unique ghostly marks given on the left side.
3) Compare the DNA of two ghostly blood samples by finding 3 pairs of matching ghost microbes.
4) Use the ghostly mouse to drag the ghostly chain along the ghostly line until you reach the ghostly hole on the right.
5) Select the 3 ghostly flowers from the fridge clue magnets on the padlock sliders.
The Collector's Edition has 22 Achievements to earn, 10 Collectible victim Pictures, Collectible Tarot Cards, 5 Forensic item collectibles, Wallpapers, Concept Art pictures, Movies and Cutscenes, a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter, and lots and lots of non-existent Ghosts!

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on Jul 26, 17 2:56 PM
pennmom36, Thanks for your thorough review, although it was a bit hard to read without spacing lines occasionally. Just a suggestion.

Edited on 07/26/2017 at 2:56:37 PM PST

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Sep 13, 17 3:29 PM
Well, I played the demo for both the CE and SE versions and decided to buy the Standard version. Glad I did. I am not really into collectables anymore, rarely use the wallpapers - really just advertising for the game - and don't need extra story unless the main game doesn't finish it. In that case I usually don't buy it at all.

Now that I have finished all of the standard game - here is my review. MIGHT BE SPOILERS FOR SOME.

The game is actually fairly good; I liked the storyline, though it might have been better to have all of the deaths happen in the game and not before. The grittiness was a bit overdone, but fit well with the story. I did not like the part where she goes to "limbo", Not sure why that had to be there; that really cut the flow of the game and had no bearing on the story. i liked that the HO scenes had morphing objects among the search items. Gave a little more interest. There were quite a few misnamed items (binoculars are not a spyglass).

The mini games were uneven, some great, some tedious, and a couple nearly impossible. The ending was much too abrupt.

I would only give this a three out of five Good, but not great.

CelticCoco

Go to: