bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Shadowplay: Whispers of the Past Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 27, 17 12:29 AM
Welcome to Shadowplay: Whispers of the Past Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Shadowplay: Whispers of the Past Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

rldem
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

Re:Welcome to Shadowplay: Whispers of the Past Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by rldem on Aug 18, 17 6:08 PM
" and CRITICAL ERROR - *GRAPHIC CARD NOT SUPPORTED"
I have the problem with this idiotic installing as my screen shows that "ERROR CODE 809. What in the hell is going on my computer system?

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Aug 18, 17 7:06 PM
@ridem
Copied from another thread about the same issue-

bfgIlinalta wrote:
I'm sorry to hear that you're receiving the message that your graphics card will not support the game when trying to play some of our games. It's possible that this may be true, but it could also point towards the need to make an update to the graphics card driver. I wanted to swim by here to provide some suggestions to try as well as how to contact our Support Team should more assistance be necessary.

The first thing I recommend is to follow the 2nd step in the following page of suggested steps as that will update your video card driver. You can see those instructions in the linked article here:
Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
For any problems that continue after trying that step, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report. That report along with what games you are seeing this message when trying to play could help our Reps determine what is causing this issue. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this is helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

I can't provide the links as the mod did, but to get to the game crashing, freezing or blank screen page-
Click on Help at the top of this screen at the very right of the blue banner
Click on Technical
Click on the first option on the left, under game issues which is Game crashing, freezing or blank screen
Scroll down to Step 2- updating your video card driver

If this doesn't work then to talk to the technical support team and for info on running and attaching a Dr Felix report to your email-
Click on Help at the top of this screen at the very right of the blue banner
Click on More
For Dr Felix report- Click on Dr Felix diagnostics report on the left hand side, in order to learn how to run it and attach it to email to tech support, and anything else you need to know about it
To email tech support, after you have clicked on More-
Click on Contact customer support on the right hand side
Click on the contact customer support by email link.
Click drop down menu and choose issue title,
fill in email form, add attachment if needed.

Edited on 08/18/2017 at 7:09:04 PM PST

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Aug 18, 17 7:11 PM
Error code 809 seems to be about trying to run a game when another is already running, for explanation possible solutions-
Click on help at top of page
Click on technical
Scroll down to the heading Error codes
The first link underneath should be- Errors 809, 813, 773, and 774

Go to: