Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shadowplay: Whispers of the Past Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 27, 17 12:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 07/27/2017 at 6:28:39 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shadowplay: Whispers of the Past Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 27, 17 6:28 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Customer Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shadowplay: Whispers of the Past Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by dragontears77 on Jul 27, 17 6:35 PM
I am enjoying the game very much. However when I reached chapter 4 the HOP in the shadow realm I cannot get it to work properly. It is matching an overlay of figures to figures underneath. The screen only moves left to right not up and down. Is there a trick I haven't thought of?

Thanks still trying.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jul 27, 17 6:51 PM
Hello dragontears77,

Welcome to the forums, and thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry the game isn't working properly and am here to provide some help.

When a game won't respond properly, I recommend checking if the video card driver is up to date. Since the driver controls how the game's graphics and the computer interact, installing a new update can fix such issues. I've included a help page with further instructions about this process below.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

I'd also suggest running the game with administrator permissions, which will ensure it has access to all necessary resources. The help page below contains instructions.

Run Game as Administrator

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

hytte
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by hytte on Jul 31, 17 8:37 AM
I bought this game yesterday but I cannot even play it as it says graphic card not supported. I have tried all your suggestions and nothing works. This is the second time that Mad Head games comes up with this message. All other games are working fine. May I suggest that you ask Mad Head to correct their games so that EVERYBODY can play play them and not leaving costumers to pay for games that does not work on their pc

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 31, 17 9:10 AM
Hi hytte,

I'm sorry to hear that a graphics card error message appears when trying to play this particular game. Thank you for referring to troubleshooting steps that have been suggested in the past. If you haven't already, please refer to the following Big Fish Games Help page as it contains steps on ensuring items are updated on your computer:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

For reference, I'm going to include below a list of requirements that need to be met in order for the game to run properly on the Mac system:

Game System Requirements:

CPU: 2.0 GHz (INTEL ONLY)
RAM: 1024 MB
Hard Drive: 835 MB

Big Fish Games App System Requirements:

Browser: Safari 4.0 or later

We definitely want to help get your game up and running, so I've gone ahead and passed along your information to the teams. Please reach out to our Customer Support Team regarding these games so that they can further investigate with the tools that they contain.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Aug 2, 17 6:53 PM
When I get to the part where you have to adjust the griffin emblem on the cupboard in the mansion, there is no way for me to adjust it.
There should be an option to move its wings and legs etc. but when I click on it and I get the zoom in scene I also get a noise that sounds kind of like the flipping of a page or something and then the cursor is only an arrow with a question mark and there is no way to click on the griffin.
Without doing this there is no way for me to progress in the game so I'm pretty annoyed.

Someone else has reported this as well.
I have about 300 games and have never had a problem until now. I have played many recent games and all of the Mad head games without issue so I'm pretty sure that this is a glitch in the game and not a problem with my system.

Have tried running as administrator and that just means that I can't open the game at all.

PC Windows 7.

EDIT-
Ok so I am an idiot.
It was the weird noise that happened when I clicked on the griffin, that put me off.
That, plus the fact that I didn't seem to be able to click anywhere else and the strategy guide didn't say that you needed to use a note when you rearranged the griffin piece, meant that I thought there was a glitch.
It turns out that you can get a clue note for the griffin emblem by removing the right horn of the cow head on the mantle piece above it. Then you are able to move the pieces of the emblem.
The strategy doesn't mention using a note when you zoo in on the griffin emblem, and the collection of the clue is mentioned on the page before where the picture does not highlight the right horn as needing to be removed.
Anyway I was wrong so apologies.

Edited on 08/04/2017 at 10:41:06 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 6, 17 4:26 PM
Hello sazoria,

Thank you for taking the time to report that issue and let us know about the discrepancy you found between the Strategy Guide and the puzzle's solution. I'll be sure to provide this to the right teams for their follow up. I'm also glad to hear that you were able to continue enjoying the game.

For players that are having difficulty in the game due to a technical issue, we recommend seeing if our Help Pages are able to assist. Otherwise, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team for further assistance. Our Reps will be certain to follow up as quickly as possible to help out.

Thank you for your time. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

msmaam_1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by msmaam_1 on Aug 10, 17 8:52 AM
I cannot get the axe handle to attach! What the H e LL? I have tried about 20 times!

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Aug 10, 17 9:36 AM
@msmaam 1
What chapter of the game are you in.
The only thing I found mentioned in the strategy guide that might be an axe was the POLEARM BLADE that you get in chapter 4, the shadow realm.
Later on you come across a METAL POLE held by a skeleton, that you attach as it's handle.
You cannot attach the metal pole to the polearm blade until you have removed the EMPTY YELLOW PENDANT from the metal pole.
If this is not what you meant then perhaps you could give some more info, to see if there is anyway us fishies can help, or if there is just a glitch.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 10, 17 11:55 AM
Hello msmaam_1,

I posted some troubleshooting suggestions to this request in the thread below.

can't play

In addition to those suggestions, I'd like to recommend trying what sazoria was kind enough to advise. Should the game continue not to work, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to help you further.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

AXE

[Post New]by iluvsleep on Aug 31, 17 5:11 PM
I can't get the handle for the axe to fit or stay in the axe head. The axe I'm talking about is in one of the HO scenes. I haven't had a problem with the game until now. if anybody knows why this is happening please let me know.

thanks

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Sep 1, 17 9:45 AM
@iluvsleep
When you pick up the axe handle the curser is in the middle of it.
When you click on the axe head with it you have to make sure that you are clicking on the axe head with the middle of the handle (where the curser is) rather than the end of the axe handle, which would be what fits into the axe head.

Edited on 09/01/2017 at 9:45:44 AM PST

[Post New]by iluvsleep on Sep 2, 17 9:01 AM
Thanks so much. That was driving me crazy. I did as you said and finally got it to work.
Thanks again.

Go to: