Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Shadowplay: Whispers of the Past Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 27, 17 12:38 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 07/27/2017 at 6:28:59 AM PST

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Shadowplay: Whispers of the Past Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by BearCreekStables on Jul 27, 17 3:51 AM
I really enjoyed playing the demo of Shadowplay. One reason was because of the game taking place in today's time and you don't get that a lot. I thought the HOS were different and the mini-games which are my favorite part of games had just the right amount of difficulty. There were only 2 reviews posted after I finished my demo and one used the word spoiler and the other did not. So unfortunately I read an event that took away some surprise coming up in the game so I most likely now will wait for SE. I do think it is a good Collector's Edition as well if you don't want to wait. .

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Shadowplay: Whispers of the Past Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 27, 17 5:41 AM
Mad Head games must have some of the brightest, most creative team members available. They don't throw out a game every month with the same boring storyline hashed over and over, they don't throw a pile of junk in the corner to make a Hidden Object Scene, and they certainly don't present the same puzzles we've done a hundred different times in a hundred different ways. These guys pour their heart and soul into each and every game, the quality is 100 % across the board, the sights, the sounds, the story, it's all here folks, everything you could ask for in a game.
Alicia Cole is a museum curator who finds herself the victim of a botched robbery, while working late. Her daughter Maya, was in the wrong place at the wrong time, when the thief accidentally drops the Skull of Darkness. The hard shell casing cracks, exposing the dangerous artifact, and Maya is swept away through it's evil portal, to a world beyond light itself, where only the shadows dare to play!
Equipped with only a Mystical Lens, Alicia will have to find a way to thwart the thieves, and use the Skull of Darkness to enter a world where K'tal delved further than anyone ever dared, in his relentless pursuit of ultimate power. In this Collector's Edition version, there are 36 Collectible icons, and they are fantastically blended into each scene, unlike some games where you can't help but see them. There are also 17 Morphing Objects within each HOP.
The Hidden Object Scenes are by far the most creative and entertaining scenes I've ever seen! Although the concepts are the same, the scenes are not. My favorite's were finding Silhouetted Shapes on three different fossil walls in the museum during an interactive tour, and finding Listed items cleverly blended on three different movie posters. Each HOP has a Morphing Object available in this CE version.
The Mini Games are unusual, and very creative. Below are brief descriptions of some of the games you'll encounter during the demo:
1) Move the Knights in an L formation to their color coded spots.
2) Create a platform for the yellow hexagon to exit, by crossing over the exact number of symbols as indicated on the clue.
3) Open the safe using the clue you find.
4) Use the mystical lens to destroy the evil shadows, align the circles over the target and click when the two circles overlap.
5) Lead the glowing orb from point A to B by clicking on points of the path until they create a path.
6) Recreate the picture by swapping tiles using the frame as a clue.
7) Steer the car by clicking on the correct moving directional arrow when it aligns with the arrow in the box.
8) Choose the correct item related to the riddle.
9) Move parts of the picture to match the painting.
10) Select the correct images according to the clue.
11) Move the tiles to the opposite sides of the board, tiles can jump one another.
SHADOWPLAY GAMES AVAILABLE
Title***Collector's Edition Release Date***Average Rating
-Shadowplay: Darkness Incarnate (8-20-16) 4.0
This Collector's Edition has wallpapers, Concept Art pictures, 17 replayable Hidden Object Scenes, 11 Achievements to earn, 6 Music Soundtracks, 17 Morphing Objects within the HOP's, a Showcase, replayable Code Puzzles, 36 Collectible Hidden Icons, a built in Strategy Guide and a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter, enjoy!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 27, 17 6:29 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Shadowplay: Whispers of the Past Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Shadowplay: Whispers of the Past Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Jul 27, 17 7:32 AM
Absolutely nothing new in this game.....was very quickly bored and glad when the demo was over. Too much talk and too many cut scenes and boring mini games. And of course we need a little gimmick to get rid of whatever evil that is......
Maybe I'm just played out with HOPAs.....but I'm not getting this one.

[Post New]by salmon28 on Jul 27, 17 8:22 AM
Agree with Micha on this one. Another daughter taken by another stranger in a mask and another mother has to save her!!!! Have we seen this a 1000 times before??? The usual suspects giving this 5 stars is sad.

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Jul 27, 17 1:42 PM
I am a Mad Head fan! This game isn't there best, but enjoyable! I'm a fairy tale fish, but this modern kind of game is fantasy enough for me! Lots of different HO scenes! But we all have are
our likes & dislikes, but that doesn't mean the games bad just not our style! Some fish praise a certain kind of Dev, & I cant see it! I don't think it fair to criticize someones view of a game they like!

Edited on 07/28/2017 at 6:41:26 PM PST

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Jul 27, 17 2:32 PM
I'm inclined to agree w/ Micha1234 & salmon28. While this appears to be an average midrange game, in terms of difficulty, I see nothing special about it, & the violence is a turn off. This won't be a buy for me. (Reposting, as I went to edit my earlier review, & somehow bleeped it out of existence.)

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jul 28, 17 12:16 AM
Seriously? A broken zipper pull?!! That HOPA standard pretty much sums up this ho-hum game. And I really do not understand the "Warning"! Unless fuzzy dark creatures with green eyes happen to freak you out, then this is by no means a "psychological thriller". There is nothing psychological about it; paranormal maybe yes, but a warning is just comical and really only serves to raise the anticipation level - this game just fails to meet it. Maybe less hype would have suited this game much better.

ETA: My bad; it's supposed to be an "intense thriller", not a psychological thriller. So, you know, there's that clarification which clears up the mediocre game play.

Edited on 07/28/2017 at 12:27:27 AM PST

pcpat923
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by pcpat923 on Jul 28, 17 6:43 AM
Boring and uneventful. Gun violence, yes, but not a thriller by any stretch of the imagination.

Another overly used plot of evil rises from the dark depths to attain unlimited power and then chasing whoever or whatever throughout the game. Disappointed but not surprised.

Do try the older Echoes of the Past sequels by ORNEON if looking for true gaming excellence as it once was and never will be again obviously. Enjoy!

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Jul 28, 17 10:18 AM
I agree with some of you. How many times do we have to fix the broken zipper pull? And, while this game is REALLY good (holy Dinosaur), it is yet another portal and another dark energy force that has kidnapped someone.
How about an original story. How about a good old fashion "who dunnit" mystery.
I just finished "Tiny Tales" and that was a breath of fresh air.
Anyway, not sure if I'll buy or not.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jul 28, 17 10:55 AM
Very disappointed with this game that gets superlatives on the main page such as 'wonderful', 'game of the year' 'amazing' etc.etc. I found it pretty ordinary and the story was nothing special. This is meant for 'mature audiences'? Why?? I couldn't find anything that warranted that description.

Mad Head have a reputation for games that are out of the ordinary but this game is closer to being run-of-the-mill. And just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, there's the good old broken zip(per) pull Seriously, Mad Head?? I thought you were better than that.

I bought this without trying the demo, based on the fact that I love the developer and the rave reviews on the main page. I should have saved my money. Mad Head need to be careful they don't end up like the devs starting with an 'E'; repetitive games that all seem the same. Oh and for goodness sake drop the X mark when you click on something wrong; it's outdated and irritating

No technical issues with the entire game and bonus. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

[Post New]by dixiesteve on Jul 29, 17 10:49 AM
I don't normally post reviews but after reading some concerning this game, I was surprised at how harsh some of the reviews were. It's just a game!!!! Is it one of their best? Probably not. But it is fun and who doesn't like a giant t-rex coming alive? Lighten up folks!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jul 29, 17 11:17 AM
Thought the story line, even though we've done it before, was interesting. I liked the graphics and the music, and the sounds. I'd like to find out what happens next and who's behind the theft and why the burglar stole the skull and maybe even why the skull casing looked so silly. And, will there be another dinosaur? But, I'll have to wait for the SE to come out, because through no fault of the developers, I can't do the monster killing gimmick after the first one, because I have (blankety blank) arthritic hands. I'll buy it anyway, as an SE, and skip that part, because I do really want to play the game, but don't want to spend money for a CE with a gimmick puzzle I know I won't be able to do.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 30, 17 10:31 AM
I am sorry to say that I found what I have played so far lame and boring and tedious. I am so tired of some family member being snatched away and then stays with us ghostlike throughout the game and tells us that we need to rescue them.

This game reminded me of one of Eipix's boring games, and I couldn't even bring myself to play anywhere near the end of the game.

Some of Madhead Games' games are really interesting and fun to play, although their graphics and colour often leaves a lot room for improvement. But this game isn't one of them.

MaryAnn3935
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by MaryAnn3935 on Jul 30, 17 4:31 PM
I usually don't write reviews about games, but this one is horrible. I played until the last mini-game and I quit. The graphics are okay, but all the mini games. Can't any one write a game any more without all of them--eeek. The story could have been good, but it was boring. I didn't see the need for all the warnings and right now, I don't see a need to buy any more Mad Head game. The same goes for Eipix!

MaryAnn3935
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

terrible game.

[Post New]by MaryAnn3935 on Aug 7, 17 4:43 PM
I like Mad Head, but this is the worst game I have seen in years.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Aug 15, 17 2:23 PM
I have to agree with Dixie. It's just a game folks. It's free to try. If you don't like the free demo, you probably won't like the game. I enjoyed it. Maybe you will too. If not, maby the next game will be better, I have over 500 games. Some sterling, some lead. Most fall somewhere in between

debeleth
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by debeleth on Aug 18, 17 7:29 AM
I agree that the storyline was nothing new but I really liked the difficult HOs -- where solving involves moving up and down or across with constantly shifting options.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Feb 7, 18 2:06 PM
I really liked this game. I like the developer too. The graphics were nice and clear, there were many scenes, lots of tasks, a few puzzles - some harder than others (if I played them all and wasn't so inpatient the game would have been longer), the extras were a-plenty.

All in all an excellent game for your $$.

Go to: