DebbyM123
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

Carson Drew and the Chromatograph

[Post New]by DebbyM123 on Jul 27, 17 6:33 PM
Does Carson Drew ever get the results of the Chromatograph? I keep coming back to the mantle in the house with each of the players but it's not there. Can anyone tell me how far into the story he leaves it there?

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

Re:Carson Drew and the Chromatograph

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Jul 27, 17 6:48 PM
I remember I got it pretty far into the game, more than halfway through. There is plenty to do in the meantime. Have you interviewed all the suspects?

julesy

DebbyM123
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by DebbyM123 on Jul 27, 17 6:52 PM
I have done all that. I got their alibis. I am through most of the game already. I am playing as a Junior Detective and have been able to check everything off for all three people except for getting Nancy out of jail. Any ideas what I am missing?

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Jul 28, 17 4:01 AM
How many items do you have on the evidence board?

julesy

DebbyM123
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

Carson Drew and the Chromatograph

[Post New]by DebbyM123 on Jul 28, 17 5:48 PM
I have 12 items.

I seem to have hit a dead-end because, as I said, everything on the list (I am playing as Junior Detective) is checked off except for getting Nancy out of jail.

I hope you can give me a suggestion of how to get the results of the Chromatograph that should be supplied by Carson Drew on the mantle of his living room.

Edited on 07/28/2017 at 5:52:01 PM PST

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Jul 28, 17 7:09 PM
You need 19 items on the evidence board (including the chromatograph chart). Once you start putting more on the evidence board, you will be able to get the chromatograph chart. Just keep checking back on the mantle once you add another piece of evidence to the board.

julesy

DebbyM123
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by DebbyM123 on Jul 29, 17 7:19 AM
Ok, thanks.

DebbyM123
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by DebbyM123 on Jul 29, 17 7:26 AM
I actually have 16 items. I recounted them. I left out the three that are pieces of evidence under Nancy's name and one of the Notes.

Also, as I said, I am at a dead-end. Any ideas of where to go from here?

Edited on 07/29/2017 at 7:28:33 AM PST

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Jul 29, 17 11:34 AM
It can be tricky and the chromatograph chart will show up when it shows up. It will be on the mantel to the right of the fireplace, near Togo's bed.

Maybe it will help if you list out what you have on your evidence board since you are still missing some items. I know it's a pain, but try to talk to all the suspects again.
I'm sure once you have everything else, the chromatograph chart will appear.

julesy

DebbyM123
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by DebbyM123 on Jul 30, 17 3:28 PM
Here is what I have besides the 3 pieces of evidence under Nancy's name:
-Alexei: False Alibi, Keys
-Toni: Toluene in supply closet, has snowflake ice cube trays, secret plans for old town hall, lied: Scoop closed, not open, pictures
-Deidre: Friends didn't back her alibi Notes from her notebook
-Brenda: Said she was working - can't confirm, fingerprint on note, note

I have no idea where to go from here. I took each of the three characters and went to the four named above. I got nothing new. Plus, Nancy called her father and got nothing new.

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Jul 31, 17 3:56 AM
I see a couple of things that are missing. Did you look in the trunk at Alexei's? Also, did you find something in Deirdre's notebook?

julesy

DebbyM123
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by DebbyM123 on Jul 31, 17 9:07 AM
I listed there notes from Deirdre's notebook. Also, I looked in the trunk but I only was allowed to read what was in there and not take anything away. I will try the trunk again. Thanks.

DebbyM123
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by DebbyM123 on Aug 2, 17 12:42 PM
I sent you a private message a couple of days ago. I didn't want to give everything away. But you didn't answer. So I will copy the message here. This way it is up you where you want to answer.

“Yes, the trunk had ether which I overlooked the first time.

Do I have to place the 3 items that were pieces of evidence under Nancy's name, under the others? What is the "Lab Report Pending" under Nancy's name? Is there a Lab Report that I am still waiting for? I can't remember what that would be.

Thanks for any help.”

I forgot to add that Nancy says that all the evidence is on the board but when the Police Chief comes by to check, he says the evidence is not right. What is not right? Can you help?

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Aug 2, 17 2:57 PM
Sorry, I haven't been answering PMs because they are not working for me. Mods know about this.

What you have posted previously for your evidence board are all under the correct names. The pink note under Nancy for "Lab report pending" is correct. I don't recall what that is exactly, but it is the correct note and placement.

The only thing you are missing is the driving ticket for Deirdre. You should have found it in her notebook when not playing as Ned.

julesy

DebbyM123
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by DebbyM123 on Aug 3, 17 6:48 PM
That's okay.

Actually, what I called a "Note from her notebook" under Deirdre is the driving ticket. All I need is to place the Chromatograph report from the mantle. (It came after I found the Ether in Alexei's trunk. Sorry, I forgot to mention that.) Where do I place it on the board? Wherever I place it seems to be wrong. That may be why the police chief keeps coming back saying that the information is not conclusive.

Also, I almost forgot this, one time when I went back and Nancy called either Bess or George to take over or one of them called her, there was a mention that Isopropyl Alcohol was used and Nancy says that we need to see who is stockpiling it. That may be the key. How do I find that out?

Edited on 08/03/2017 at 7:00:15 PM PST

DebbyM123
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by DebbyM123 on Aug 4, 17 7:05 PM
Just to let you know, julesyhedgehog, I got passed the board problem by using a walkthrough. I had a few things wrong on the board but so as not to ruin the game for anyone else, I will not mention what they were here.

Thanks for all your help.

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Aug 6, 17 8:19 AM
Glad to hear you finally got the chromatograph and resolved your problem.

julesy

Go to: