Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Love Chronicles: Death's Embrace here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 28, 17 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 07/28/2017 at 5:24:10 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Love Chronicles: Death's Embrace here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 28, 17 5:24 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Love Chronicles: Death's Embrace here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Love Chronicles: Death's Embrace.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Jul 28, 17 11:15 AM
I purchased this game as a CE, only to discover, much to my chagrin, that the minion helper you receive just after the demo is a sizeable, glaringly bright blue blob that sits just above your hint button thereafter. This is the sort of thing that should be revealed by the devs during the demo, not after, in my opinion; partly because many folks just flat don't like helpers in their games, & partly because this one in particular is such a distraction/hard on one's eyes. (When I posted a thread in the CE forums in reference to this, BFG suggested either changing my screen resolution or playing in windowed mode, so those things may help...I can't say, because I never tried them. I'm not computer literate at all, so the last thing I want to do is start mucking about w/ my computer settings for the sake of playing a game. I also don't want to have to go through any changes to play a game; I want to be able to just load it up & go. I can certainly do that w/ every other game I own.) Having not been able to play much beyond the demo, I can't speak for the completed game, & so can only suggest doing the demo yourself, & seeing what you think...if the helper isn't a problem for you, it may be a very good game.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 29, 17 1:40 PM
I have been a fan of this lesser known series from the start, however, Death's Embrace isn't as good as the other games in the series. I think that this game lacks originality, for the most part, they did a great job in the graphics department, but unfortunately, this is one of those games that fizzles after the demo, becoming almost stagnant at some points. Here's a recap of my review so that you can decide which version, if either, is right for you:
Aaron and Ophelia were about to be joined in Holy Matrimony when the unthinkable happened. Ophelia became stricken with a disease, a magical disease, a deadly disease. Aaron tried every spell, and every potion imaginable, but they all failed to cure her, and the dark Lord of the Underworld collected her soul. Aaron vowed to save Ophelia, if Light Magic was incapable of saving her, Dark Magic surely would!
Pack your bags, we're headed for the Underworld to make the devil a deal! I've always been a fan of this, often overlooked series, which shows that Love is enduring, and has no boundaries, Love will move the heavens and the earth, Love will even enter the Land of the Dead to conquer its gatekeeper, Lord Phobos! I wasn't blown away by this storyline, however, because it lacks originality, and has been written and rewritten about a hundred times, in about a hundred different ways.
I wasn't impressed with the Collector's Edition version extras either, or lack thereof, because other than a handful of wallpapers and Vendel dev pictures, the only frill offered is 26 Hidden Heart Signs. You will use only one gadget, a Compass that helps you find caches hidden by magic. The compass isn't used a whole lot, and usually involves aligning symbols or places in the scene. There are no helpers or sidekicks, and I must admit I was a wee bit disappointed that Blaze didn't become my partner in crime, because Blaze is a really well animated, fire breathing Dragon Skeleton, nothing but bone, but really cool! (kudos to the VG animation and 2D graphic artist team!)
The Hidden Object Scenes are fairly well done, many of which are more of a Mini Game than a seek and find game. There are Interactive List finds which expose fragments to collect, Silhouetted Shape finds followed by replacing those objects you found into a different portion of the scene, and Multiples of the same item finds.
The Mini Games range from super easy, to medium difficulty, some of the games allow you to choose the difficulty mode of Casual or Hard. Below are brief descriptions of some of the games you'll encounter during the demo:
1) Click on matching pairs of objects.
2) Swap adjacent tile sections to complete the image.
3) Select matching halves of keys, then choose the correct key to open the chest.
4) Restore the compass image by rotating the rings until all the lines match perfectly.
5) Find all of the witches' runes hidden on the map.
6) Press the correct dagger buttons as the falling bubbles pass through them.
7) Drag the parts into the center to complete the design, not all parts are used.
8) Select the scope when it turns green and then select the meter when the bar is aligned to throw the grappling hook.
9) Swap the doorknockers so that the rings match the faces.
10) Examine the scene and find four of each symbol shown during a story.
11) Place all of the marbles in their matching colored slots, pressing on the hexagonal tiles to rotate them.
LOVE CHRONICLES GAMES AVAILABLE
-A Winter's Spell
-Beyond the Shadows
-Death's Embrace
-Salvation
-The Spell
-The Sword And The Rose

The Collector's Edition has 26 Hidden Heart Signs, 18 Vendel Team pictures, 9 Music Soundtracks, 10 Wallpapers, 10 Concept Art pictures, a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter, enjoy!

lamp_post
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by lamp_post on Aug 5, 17 7:19 PM
I bought this game with a coupon which is a good thing because if I had paid money to purchase this game I would have regretted it.

I was always told that if you can not say something good about something or someone, then do not say anything. So I won't.

Please try before you buy.

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Aug 13, 17 11:34 AM
I actually enjoyed this game except for the ending. I felt it needed more. The whole game is about the end goal and I felt it needed more of a wrap-up.

That said, I'm glad I bought it and will definitely play it again.

Go to: