Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Immortal Love: Blind Desire Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 29, 17 12:40 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 07/29/2017 at 8:24:12 AM PST

Shorter than I expected

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on Jul 29, 17 3:09 AM
I don't usually write reviews because I am not too good at it, but I'm writing this one because at about 1:05 a.m. here I played the demo of this game. I liked it, had been looking forward to it since I played the beta. I purchased the game when the 45 minute or so demo was over. Yes, we had the 90 minutes, but it didn't take me anywhere near that.

Downloaded the game and played it straight through. It's now about 4:15 a.m. and I'm finished with the game except for the bonus chapter. That, IMO, is too short for a CE game, but of course, others may feel differently. I have not started the bonus game.

There were some fun puzzles and some that were challenging to me. I always struggle with ones like the rune puzzle: Light up all the runes where when you'd light one, it would darken another. There were 2 puzzles that were very similar of those sorts. One was runes and I can't remember what the other one was. I'm not good at those - I get frustrated. There were also 2 where you have to move colored pieces to get them in the right place. The one was using circles that revolved around each other and the other used arrows and a mechanism to change the colored pieces. It seemed like they didn't put a lot of effort into the mini-games. There could easily have been more variety - no need to repeat the same type of games.

There were candles to find. Almost all scenes had one and they weren't difficult to find.

Most of the hidden object scenes were all the same, with a few items that needed interaction before you'd find that item.

Overall I guess I was just disappointed in this game. It seemed short and the lack of variety in hidden object scenes seemed rather boring because so many are doing some inventive things with HO scenes.

Anyway, try it for yourself and see what you think. This is just my opinion.

Edited on 07/29/2017 at 3:12:02 AM PST

0Jade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Immortal Love: Blind Desire Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by 0Jade on Jul 29, 17 3:56 AM
I have to say that for someone who is not good at reviews, you sure did a very thorough job.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Immortal Love: Blind Desire Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jul 29, 17 6:12 AM
Can't say I was overly impressed with this game. I've liked (and bought) the others in the series but this one just seems a bit bland and not very interesting.

Graphics were a bit grainy and in pastel shades, like a washed-out water-colour painting. The HOS were mostly lists as far as I can remember; considering I've only just finished the demo, they obviously weren't very memorable. I skipped a couple of the puzzles out of the need to just get rid of them; a couple were fun (but easy) and the rest I couldn't be bothered to spend time solving Collectibles were different shaped candles and not all of them were easy to see. The map showed tasks and transported. I didn't notice the extras or the SG and never have music on.

You are disrupted in your quest to save your husband (again...... ) by little furry creatures that tear up maps, throw your possessions overboard and generally make themselves as annoying as possible. The best part of the game was getting rid of them; I won't spoil anyone's fun by giving away spoilers but the results are quite hilarious!

Otherwise I couldn't find anything else to redeem this bland and frankly rather boring game. I think it's long past time I gave up trying these HOPA's and stuck with my favourite building-type TM's. There are just too many CE's being released; the devs can't seem to come up with any original storylines and the same old elements are being used over and over again. How many more things have to be oiled, need a wrench/screwdriver/saw/chisel/ladder and of course my all time favourite, the missing zip(per) pull How many more amulets to be used, portals to travel through, endless keys to open all the locked doors and gimmicky gadgets to get rid of something or someone?? Been there, done that and have a very long list of games I've never replayed to show for it.

Sorry but this CE is a pass for me; this is one 'Immortal Love' that should have been left to quietly fade away
I had no technical issues with the demo, which lasted a few minutes over the hour. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit. Edited for punctuation.

Edited on 07/29/2017 at 6:14:44 AM PST

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Jul 29, 17 6:44 AM
angelfish106 wrote:Can't say I was overly impressed with this game. I've liked (and bought) the others in the series but this one just seems a bit bland and not very interesting.

Graphics were a bit grainy and in pastel shades, like a washed-out water-colour painting. The HOS were mostly lists as far as I can remember; considering I've only just finished the demo, they obviously weren't very memorable. I skipped a couple of the puzzles out of the need to just get rid of them; a couple were fun (but easy) and the rest I couldn't be bothered to spend time solving Collectibles were different shaped candles and not all of them were easy to see. The map showed tasks and transported. I didn't notice the extras or the SG and never have music on.

You are disrupted in your quest to save your husband (again...... ) by little furry creatures that tear up maps, throw your possessions overboard and generally make themselves as annoying as possible. The best part of the game was getting rid of them; I won't spoil anyone's fun by giving away spoilers but the results are quite hilarious!

Otherwise I couldn't find anything else to redeem this bland and frankly rather boring game. I think it's long past time I gave up trying these HOPA's and stuck with my favourite building-type TM's. There are just too many CE's being released; the devs can't seem to come up with any original storylines and the same old elements are being used over and over again. How many more things have to be oiled, need a wrench/screwdriver/saw/chisel/ladder and of course my all time favourite, the missing zip(per) pull How many more amulets to be used, portals to travel through, endless keys to open all the locked doors and gimmicky gadgets to get rid of something or someone?? Been there, done that and have a very long list of games I've never replayed to show for it.

Sorry but this CE is a pass for me; this is one 'Immortal Love' that should have been left to quietly fade away
I had no technical issues with the demo, which lasted a few minutes over the hour. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit. Edited for punctuation.

You took the words right out of my mouth.The only difference, I got about 30 minutes of game play since I always skip those annoying cut scenes and this game had a lot of them.

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Jul 29, 17 7:28 AM
leapfrog0202, you did a very good job with this review.

I played the beta of the game some time ago aswell as the demo today and wasn't very impressed with HOS and puzzles. Story was not new but quite nicely told, only with other not really exciting features together it doesn't make me buy a CE.

But when the SE comes out, I will have a go at the demo again.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jul 29, 17 8:23 AM
Greetings Everybody,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Immortal Love: Blind Desire Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Immortal Love: Blind Desire Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 29, 17 10:11 AM
Perhaps Darren and Tess should have invited Ursula to their wedding, after all, she was the fiance of his best friend Oliver. There will be no wedding for Ursula, because Oliver was killed in a hunting accident, and Ursula blames Darren. Ursula has always suffered from a bipolar disorder, and her grief has pushed her over the edge, cursing Tess to a slow death, and rendering Darren helpless, as her captor. Will Darren be forced to watch his beloved die a slow death, or can Tess find the strength to defeat Ursula's curse? This is Immortal Love, where love knows no boundaries, where love can conquer all evil, love is forever, love is immortal!
The third time is not a charm, I found this third installment of the series to be far too easy, far too familiar, far too gimmicky, and has far too many "notes" scattered about, who does that in the first place? Who writes down every emotion, every plan, and then drops the notes all about town? Ursula's fiance Oliver, gave her an Amulet (surprise!) to help balance her emotions, but her grief overflowed, and she used the amulet to summon sorcery. Her dark magic minions, look somewhat like a teddy bear mixed with a kitty, it's hard to take them seriously. To recharge the amulet (which is now in your possession) you will need to collect Ursula's good memories by scanning the amulet over some of those "notes" I mentioned earlier. Then you are tasked with finding a specific number of good memories in an HOP style game, which is incredibly simplistic. In this Collector's Edition version, each scene has a Collectible Candle, but they stick out like a beacon in my opinion, and I just don't see the value in this game as a CE.
The Hidden Object Scenes are far too easy, they aren't creative, and they aren't that much fun. There are the usual Interactive list finds, Multiple finds, Silhouetted Shape finds and Keywords in sentences. Each time you recharge the amulet you will play a HOP to find pictured icons of Ursula's good memories, and so far, I haven't seen an alternate to the HOP games.
The Mini Games are really easy, and don't present much of a challenge. Below are brief descriptions of some of the games you'll encounter during the demo:
1) Jump over hearts of the opposite color to remove all of them.
2)Select the sliders when they are in the yellow zone.
3) Guide tokens to the bottom slots, use color coded rings to raise and lower dots so they can pass over them.
4) Rotate puzzle parts to complete the image.
5) Guide the ship to the exit using directional arrows. The ship will continue on it's course until it hits an obstruction or obstacle.
6) Play a game of Tic-Tac-Toe with the teddy bear cat.
7) Connect like-colored tiles by dragging a path and filling all cells.
IMMORTAL LOVE GAMES AVAILABLE
-Immortal Love 1: Letter From The Past
-Immortal Love 2: The Price of a Miracle

-Immortal Love 3: Blind Desire

This Collector's Edition has replayable Hidden Object Scenes and Mini Games, 4 Screensavers, 7 Wallpapers, 20 before and after Concept Art pictures, 6 Music Soundtracks, 40 Movie clips, 22 Collectible Candles, 27 Achievements with 3 different categories, a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter, enjoy!

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Jul 29, 17 11:32 AM
WAY too many "purple haze" cut scenes supporting a barely-there storyline. As for the rest, nothing fresh whatsoever. I got & played the daily deal yesterday, & it ran circles around this. The HO scenes are the moderately interactive ones that seem to be the only kind this dev is capable of producing; the collectibles, imo, are too conspicuous to add anything (they're LIT CANDLES, for crying out loud). The mini-games presented thus far have probably been the highlight, which isn't saying much, as they're not all that. As for the furry little whatevers that keep showing up to gum up the works, they're a somewhat original way of creating obstacles to overcome...I guess. Based on what I've seen so far, even my eight year old granddaughter would be bored breathless by this game, so, no sale. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like really great games are getting harder & harder to come by, & I'm sincerely tired of doing disappointing demos, & settling for SEs I know good & well aren't going to be all that good, just to have something new to play. I see others say the same thing, & then wondering if they're just getting burned out on HOPA, but I don't think that's it. I think the problem is that too many devs are settling for too little these days.

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Jul 29, 17 11:58 AM
Oh, & @ leapfrog0202, I agree w/ others that your review was VERY well done!!

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on Jul 29, 17 2:14 PM
0Jade wrote:I have to say that for someone who is not good at reviews, you sure did a very thorough job.

Thanks very much 0Jade and Nexgengranny!

Edited on 07/29/2017 at 2:15:54 PM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Jul 29, 17 5:59 PM
I enjoyed game, good HOs, Immortal Love stories may not appeal to everyone but for the romantic person they do! These Devs are pretty good! W/ color animation! Of course the norm for games nowadays are short! Maybe it a technical thing or a money thing! Coupon makes it more temping!

[Post New]by annielaurie on Aug 15, 17 3:31 AM
I really enjoyed the game. Lots to do, not too difficult. Lenghty, nice.
But: am I the only one who is annoyed by the last sentence:
Don't berry yourself in the past.......
How about: bury...?

daggy_k
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by daggy_k on Aug 26, 17 11:59 AM
annielaurie wrote:But: am I the only one who is annoyed by the last sentence:
Don't berry yourself in the past.......
How about: bury...?

For me, this was the best laugh I got out of this game.

Go to: