gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

The box challenge

[Post New]by gohill on Jul 29, 17 8:51 AM
now THAT was fun!!!!! ( imo ).... Finished in all 4 games... I wish all the "tournaments" were as balanced as far as easy/challenging.... Nice mix of both without feeling frustrated... a VERY nice change!!!!!!!!!

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

Re:The box challenge

[Post New]by mpendo on Jul 29, 17 9:45 AM
I agree gohill - buckets of fun and so many rewards! I have played fourteen times so far and have won (in coins and boosts):

Round 1 150
Round 2 255
Round 3 350
Round 4 570
Round 5 790

After 5th round, I paid 60 coin to play again without waiting 1/2 hour. Big mistake. I ended up paying 160 coin to finish and only netted 85 coin .

Round 6 85
Round 7 255
Round 8 350
Round 9 590
Round 10 695
Round 11 -15
Round 12 85
Round 13 405
Round 14 520

The boosts are hammers, trinkets or wands and the occasional Defreeze boost - all of which I use frequently.

So all in all I'm up the equivalent of 4890 coins and only 3 more tourneys to go.

Happy happy.

Cheers

Edited on 07/29/2017 at 3:29:08 PM PST

BoutjeFedankt
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by BoutjeFedankt on Jul 30, 17 1:36 AM
Agreed also, i only used a hammer here and there, but i had saved the hammers up around 25 allready. So it's a really good coin- and boostbuilder for me.

[Post New]by Aquapolitane on Jul 31, 17 4:58 AM
Lucky you, I refused to play it, also the arena, makes no sense, loosing every boost and the coins you have.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jul 31, 17 5:48 AM
Aquapolitane wrote:Lucky you, I refused to play it, also the arena, makes no sense, loosing every boost and the coins you have.

I'm sorry you found this challenge and the arena so frustrating...

I didn't use every boost during the box challenge, nor did I lose coins.... I gained coins and bonuses.... I found it to be the easiest tournament challenge they've introduced....

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Jul 31, 17 5:55 PM
Good day Aquapolitane.

If you don't do the forum and don't do the tournaments you are missing out of a lot of coins and boosts that are relatively easy to obtain without using any boosts. I am currently close to the end of the Haunted Carnival and am sitting on 22,000 coins. I only play any level two times (and lose) and maybe go in and out to figure out my strategy, then I go in with all guns blazing.

I have never spent any real dollars on this game (sorry devs), too easy for me.

Cheers

[Post New]by Aquapolitane on Aug 1, 17 12:27 AM
Mpendo, I don't know why, but over the last 8 weeks I have such a hard time with the game. I even lost 5 different tournaments 5 times in a row, was thinking about giving up and suddenly won the 6th tournament.
Now hanging on level 52 3rd stage in Viking Village and can't win it, as much as I try.
I did spent some dollars on the game, otherwise I wouldn't have proceeded.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Aug 1, 17 8:27 AM
Hey Aquapolitane, don't despair. I only dabble with the 5 event tournaments and just play without using any boosts and rarely win. The 10 event tournaments I can sometimes win or at least win some boosts. But the chests dropping tourney was a big gain for me, save up some coin and boosts for rocky roads ahead. I have done the first five worlds four times because my computer kept crashing every few weeks so I guess I got better with all the repetition (haha).

I'm currently finishing up Haunted Carnival so I can't advise you on level 52 in Viking Village. Anyone?

Cheers

Edited on 08/01/2017 at 8:27:44 AM PST

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Aug 3, 17 3:57 PM
Hey there!

I also mucho mucho enjoyed the tournament! Only got 42 chests but that's fine for me, not much time to play and haven't used boosts except for a hammer, so it was also a great benefit for me, even if I have absolutely no idea what I gained!! Haha!

Nowadays, I often don't play the whole arena unless I am lucky with nice opponents (so that I can play the levels a bit), but I try the tournaments, except for the 5 parts ones where you lose progress. I can sometimes finish them ... or not! It's just a change from the normal progress and I appreciate that!

Can't help either on the Viking Village as I am (very) quietly going through the Carnival, level 74, having a bad time there (as on many other levels!!) but I keep smiling! (I am still stubborn enough to avoid using boosts). And I am sitting on ... quite a lot of coins (going to the mine usually twice a day but not buying boosts), so it *is* possible, with quite some patience!

Guess I can't say that I am just behind you any longer!! I hope the new world is fun!!

Go to: