I Quit!

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

I Quit!

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Jul 29, 17 7:57 PM
I have two games and needed to do 400 HOSs for the CC. Spent two and a half hours getting my first 100 done and the game closed and I lost it all. On my iPad!! This never happens. I am done with the problems of this game wasting my time and making difficult challenges even more difficult. This is not fair!

ETA And I am too discouraged to try again as I am on limited time the next two days.

Edited on 07/29/2017 at 8:06:12 PM PST

Re:I Quit!

[Post New]by walkingstar on Jul 29, 17 8:16 PM
Sending Love your way..This game is beyond emotionally and mentally challenging. It will work out in the end. Q

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jul 29, 17 8:25 PM
I'm sooooooo sorry Dbingamen!!!

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Jul 29, 17 9:54 PM
How frustrating!!!
I've had problems with my iPad for the last couple days. I don't know what the problem is, but it seems to correct itself after many tries.
Luckily, I haven't lost any progress on MC. It just shuts down after trying to start. But a couple other apps/games have done the same thing.
I'm thinking it was all related to the ads. Not just MC, but the other games as well. They crashed after the ad.
I hope you haven't quit for good, or thrown your iPad against the wall!

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

I Quit!

[Post New]by gohill on Jul 29, 17 10:03 PM
Dbingamen wrote:I have two games and needed to do 400 HOSs for the CC. Spent two and a half hours getting my first 100 done and the game closed and I lost it all. On my iPad!! This never happens. I am done with the problems of this game wasting my time and making difficult challenges even more difficult. This is not fair!

ETA And I am too discouraged to try again as I am on limited time the next two days.

that is sooooooo frustrating!!!!!!!

I can't remember if it was Danger or Randy, but one of them wrote about playing for 3 hours and lost everything they had done ...... I get antsy when I've been in the game for more than an hour... I've lost progress before an hour before, but it usually happens when I play more than an hour.... I'm soooooo sorry and completely understand working so hard to get to the end....

I got rid of all my medallions so I can craft pet food for the medallions... this will give me breathing room ... and the craft 10 will also be pet food, those 2 can be done in one day... in fact... if worse comes to worse, I can still do them on the last day, and wait to claim the blue stamps till the last minute... You still have time if you choose to craft pet food for the medallions instead of depending on DQs....

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,417 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Jul 29, 17 11:18 PM
Make sure your ipad is updated.. I got an update last night 10.3.3 if I remember correct. Don't know if we all get the same updates all over the world .. but I would check it out.

Edited on 07/30/2017 at 6:23:34 AM PST

[Post New]by QTBird61 on Jul 29, 17 11:19 PM
Sorry for your troubles. I'm very frustrated myself. Been trying to get my rusty iron chests for 4 days have used every tip I can find tried 17 out of 25 pets and several multiple times just got my 4th chest. Exhausting and not fun. If the developers don't do something I'm afraid you won't be the only one to quit. Good luck

Edited on 07/29/2017 at 11:21:53 PM PST

I Quit!

[Post New]by welshrarebit56 on Jul 29, 17 11:33 PM
Dbingamen wrote:I have two games and needed to do 400 HOSs for the CC. Spent two and a half hours getting my first 100 done and the game closed and I lost it all. On my iPad!! This never happens. I am done with the problems of this game wasting my time and making difficult challenges even more difficult. This is not fair!

Exact thing happened to me a few weeks back, so I can quite understand your frustration.
I am sure the ADS we now have on MC are the root cause. I did a bit of checking, playing them, then not playing them, and I found within minutes of playing the ads, my game would crash. NOT playing them now, and my Ipad is working properly again, coincidence I don't think so. There is def a problem with the ads and the game conflicting somewhere.

Please do as I did report it to the techies on their report system, the more people moan about it to them the quicker it will be resolved.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Cheers

Welsh Shelley

kdreetz
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by kdreetz on Jul 30, 17 12:42 AM
I'm on an Android and my game crashes every 20 min. Half the time I lose my progress. So maddening

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

[Post New]by DeadRiver on Jul 30, 17 1:18 AM
I'm going to try it anyway.

[Post New]by ReallyHelpless on Jul 30, 17 5:50 AM
kdreetz wrote:I'm on an Android and my game crashes every 20 min. Half the time I lose my progress. So maddening

I had that problem with my kindle games and got the suggestion to "force stop" all other applications that may still be running in the background, which allows the game circle feature to focus on saving progress on MC alone. You go to Settings, Applications, Manage all Applications, click on each one and force stop it. This really worked for me, so I hope it will help you as well. Good luck.

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Jul 30, 17 7:40 AM
Thank you all so much for your sympathy and suggestions. My Kindle game does this all the time so I was prepared to do what is necessary to avoid losing all progress which means shutting down the game frequently. But I have never had this happen in my iPad game so I didn't do this. To work so hard and use so much inventory to get to the final days of the CC and not be able to finish in time due to problems with the game is just so discouraging. For those of you that have not been able to continue the CC because of things like getting the right chests, a five part quest or any of the other reasons, I'm so sorry. As for getting pet medallions, I have more than 800 and that is just too many to sell.

I guess I just needed to vent. After a nights sleep I have decided not to continue with the CC because I will not be able to play a lot today and tomorrow. It's just not worth the frustration. To all of you who are trying, I wish you luck in completing the CC!

Diane

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jul 30, 17 7:53 AM
Dbingamen wrote:Thank you all so much for your sympathy and suggestions. My Kindle game does this all the time so I was prepared to do what is necessary to avoid losing all progress which means shutting down the game frequently. But I have never had this happen in my iPad game so I didn't do this. To work so hard and use so much inventory to get to the final days of the CC and not be able to finish in time due to problems with the game is just so discouraging. For those of you that have not been able to continue the CC because of things like getting the right chests, a five part quest or any of the other reasons, I'm so sorry. As for getting pet medallions, I have more than 800 and that is just too many to sell.

I guess I just needed to vent. After a nights sleep I have decided not to continue with the CC because I will not be able to play a lot today and tomorrow. It's just not worth the frustration. To all of you who are trying, I wish you luck in completing the CC!

Diane

I had well over 800 in my main three games that I got rid of.... I remember Sbaker writing how many she got rid of last year, and I balked last year as well.... I just couldn't see getting rid of well over a thousand... BUT... like Sbaker wrote here recently, she got them all back by the time this C.C. started.... If you don't use them throughout the year, they ADD up... whether you want them to or not.... I didn't get rid of them last year and just did DQs... This year, I am very happy with my decision to get rid of them... been the DQ route, been there, done that... I was VERY unhappy with the DQs the game gave me, but "had" to do them... If the game gives me DQs I am willing to do, I'll do them instead.... crafting pet food is my backup plan, and I know I'll accumulate many more throughout the year

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Jul 30, 17 8:15 AM
Yup, I crafted simple pet food until all the medallions were gone.........now have over 600 again.

And I still (even though BF said your game is constantly saving itself on the server) exit every 20 or 30 minutes........PITA.......but haven't lost anything in years.

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Jul 30, 17 9:01 AM
That was me Gohill that lost everything after playing three hours and that was on PC
so yeah I feel that pain.

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Jul 30, 17 9:03 AM
Unfortunately or fortunately, I'm not sure which, it is not in my nature to give up on a challenge. I realize that I probably won't be able to complete the CC on both my games, but with all the suggestions I have been given, I have started to try again on at least one game. At least all will not be for nothing. Wish me luck!

Thank you all for your support It has helped so much!

riddler01
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by riddler01 on Jul 30, 17 9:23 AM
Hey girl, keep going D, you can't give up now, besides, I just friended you on Kindle, and it seems to be working great! When the last update for Kindle finally came, I had one of the Kindles that had gone obsolete with MC, so I went out and bought a new Kindle Fire HD 8" , and (knock on wood) I have had no trouble since, well worth getting a new one. Really hope to see you in the game, and will keep gifting you until further notice. Aaaand still looking for just one more good friend in the game. Never Surrender D!
Riddler

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jul 30, 17 10:09 AM
Dbingamen wrote:Unfortunately or fortunately, I'm not sure which, it is not in my nature to give up on a challenge. I realize that I probably won't be able to complete the CC on both my games, but with all the suggestions I have been given, I have started to try again on at least one game. At least all will not be for nothing. Wish me luck!

Thank you all for your support It has helped so much!

(blank) the torpedoes... FULL STEAM AHEAD.... CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Storm that castle, teach it who's boss.... It can't keep a good "inmate" down... strap on that "jacket" have a few till you see double and you'll knock 'em down two at a time (at least it will look like you are doing them two at a time .... perception is reality )

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Jul 30, 17 11:08 AM

tennco
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by tennco on Jul 30, 17 11:16 AM
I'm with you on this one. It will be a great accomplishment for you. Don't let the castle keep you down

Go to: