Kaliarii
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

Tennis Achievement...

[Post New]by Kaliarii on Apr 26, 10 10:55 PM
Thus far, I've gotten to the 9th of 10 games you have to win to get this achievement, and what I've found is that if you can get as little movement as possible until the ball gets going really fast, then walk straight into it, your opponent generally misses (until the 9th guy. He's REALLY quick!)

How you do this is relatively simple - in fact, I've had a few games where I just stood in one spot, totally unmoving, until I decided to "walk into" the ball. All you have to do is line d'Artagnon with the ball so it goes straight ahead. Most opponents, especially the early ones will hit it straight back to you. The easiest way to tell how well you're lined up with a ball is to have a feathered hat. The ball should be hitting you just a hair to the right of the feather (If that makes sense, lol). When the ball stops speeding up, you can start to time it and as it's coming toward you, walk straight into it, which will usually make it veer one direction or another, and your opponent won't be quick enough to hit it back. There are exceptions, but this is generally the case.

That being said, I still can't beat #9 so if you get there, I can't help you . Let me know if this helps!

Kaliarii
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

Re:Tennis Achievement...

[Post New]by Kaliarii on Apr 27, 10 2:52 PM
As the hecklers say whilst you are playing, " HUZZAH FOR TENNIS!!!" ^_^ I finally beat the last two guys, and I will say this: There isn't just an achievement in it for you - There's a REALLY fantastic prize. Incidentally, it makes future "for fun" tennis matches a breeze. If anyone wants any advice, all ya need do is ask. Good luck!!

bellagoth
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by bellagoth on Jul 24, 10 2:50 PM
Kaliarii wrote:If anyone wants any advice, all ya need do is ask.

Heeeelllllllpppp! I want advice please. I can't get past Julien, let alone #9 and 10.

bellagoth
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by bellagoth on Jul 24, 10 9:49 PM
8 hours later.....

I finally did it! Play towards either side of the court and close to the net. Your opponent always returns to the middle and has to double back to return the ball every time. It was the only way I could do it - maybe it will help somebody else. Good luck!

Go to: