Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Leaves: The Journey here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 31, 17 12:40 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 07/31/2017 at 5:17:59 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Leaves: The Journey here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 31, 17 5:18 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Customer Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Acrodite
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Acrodite on Jul 31, 17 5:36 AM
My virus program isolated this game as soon as I tried to play it. Azden:A!cl
What gives?

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Jul 31, 17 11:19 AM
A lot of virus programs will do that. Turn your anti-virus software off, install the game and try turning it back on again.

Cookyville
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by Cookyville on Jul 31, 17 11:39 AM
IT FROZE ME MAC......HORRIBLE GAME

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 31, 17 12:21 PM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team greatly appreciates players posting in this thread what is occurring when trying to play this game. We definitely want to help get everyone back to playing their games and I'm happy to help address these issues.

For players that are seeing a virus message pop up, these occur when the program falsely identifies the game as harmful. Please note that our games are tested rigorously before they are available to the public, and are guaranteed virus free. With this issue though, we do not recommend turning our virus software off as this may make your computer vulnerable to other unknown entities. If you are seeing a virus message, it is highly recommended to reach out to our Customer Support Team with the following information:

1) The game title.
2) The name of your antivirus company.
3) The message alert from the company. What have they found? (Trojan, virus, worm, for example)
4) The Big Fish Games file that was detected as being infected. (Note: the name of the file might end with .exe.)

For more information, see the following Big Fish Games Help page:

Virus Messages

Cookyville, please refer to the Mac Game Troubleshooting help page for steps that have been known to resolve the freezing issue you are experiencing. If you continue to have issues, please also reach out to our Customer Support Team.

Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding. If questions come up, feel free to PM any of the active moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Jul 31, 17 3:10 PM
I got less than 2 minutes into the game and it froze. I couldn't even reboot my computer. Win 8.

Homeimps
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Homeimps on Jul 31, 17 5:02 PM
I assume this might be a technical issue so am posting it here. I got to the point where I had the magnifying glass, hook, and a thing shaped like a kidney bean with a lot of characters on it. Then I clicked on something (??) and a large pink blob about the size of the kidney bean thing appeared on the screen. Tried everything, could not remove it nor access anything under it as it stayed on every location I went to; could not even exit from the game and then the demo ran out so I am still in the dark. Youtube videos don't show anything like this and it isn't mentioned in any forum. Help anyone?? Thanks!

Kirland
Manatee
Manatee
3,699 Posts

[Post New]by Kirland on Jul 31, 17 11:52 PM
In the beginning, I grabbed the cane used it once and it disappeared. I know I need it when climbing the ladder to get the slate in the monster hole. Guess I will have to begin again.

[Post New]by NovelEye on Aug 1, 17 12:49 PM
I can no longer get the faces on the doors in the water world to respond. I got the envelope and had it swallowed once, but the doors will not frown or smile for me any more and won't give me the envelope back.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Aug 1, 17 1:24 PM
my computer is newer, won't even allow me in. goes straight to 'play again' screen

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 1, 17 2:26 PM
Hello Everybody,

I'm sorry your games aren't working and am here to provide some help.

When a game freezes or won't open, I recommend two courses of action: checking that the computer's video card driver is up to date and running the game with administrator permissions. Both processes ensure the game and the computer can interact more smoothly. I've included help pages with those instructions below.

Run Game as Administrator

If those steps don't fix your game, or if they didn't apply to your inquiry, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide further assistance.

Thanks for understanding. Please PM me or another of our active moderators if more questions arise. We're always happy to listen.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 08/01/2017 at 2:29:18 PM PST

agnesnic
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by agnesnic on Aug 2, 17 3:40 PM
Kirland wrote:In the beginning, I grabbed the cane used it once and it disappeared. I know I need it when climbing the ladder to get the slate in the monster hole. Guess I will have to begin again.

If you use the magnifying glass you will see a snail above the branch to the monster - moving your cursor slowly along the branch allows you to take the slate. No cane needed.

wabpita
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by wabpita on Aug 3, 17 9:40 PM
I am just beginning but I couldn't find a way to exit the game. Had to force quit and then that wasn't easy.

Sestra
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Sestra on Aug 4, 17 8:24 AM
My glitch was with the puzzle supplied by third door in the water world - one piece of the picture became stuck underneath the rest, and I couldn't complete the picture. Had to go back to a, thankfully, previously saved area, and then go back into the water world and try again - this time I was really careful not to try and move the pieces too quickly, and was able to complete the picture.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 4, 17 11:48 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your patience, and let's get down to troubleshooting.

When a game lags or won't open, we always suggest checking to see if the computer's video card driver is up to date. Installing a new version of the driver can help the game's graphics run more smoothly. We also recommend running the game with administrator permissions to ensure it can access all of the resources it needs. The help pages below contain further instruction:

Run Game as Administrator

If those steps don't resolve the matter or didn't apply to your inquiry, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to provide more assistance.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by jessalrynn on Aug 6, 17 9:24 AM
I have literally no idea what is going on in this game. There's no menu, no messages, and pushing the help button takes me to a puzzle that doesn't actually work. Is it designed for older model Macs? Have a 2009 MacBook Pro.

[Post New]by geezygirl on Aug 9, 17 6:19 AM
I downloaded the game but the magnifying glass did not download. From the walkthroughs I can see it's an important part to have but how to get one? I have reloaded the game but still nothing. Otherwise the game plays well.

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Aug 10, 17 7:53 AM
geezygirl wrote:I downloaded the game but the magnifying glass did not download. From the walkthroughs I can see it's an important part to have but how to get one? I have reloaded the game but still nothing. Otherwise the game plays well.

Hi geezygirl,

The magnifying glass comes later in the game. Sorry I don't remember when or where, but it doesn't come with the game as soon as you download. You have to find it.
HTH,

Audrey

Catzen
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by Catzen on Aug 10, 17 10:06 AM
Sestra wrote:My glitch was with the puzzle supplied by third door in the water world - one piece of the picture became stuck underneath the rest, and I couldn't complete the picture. Had to go back to a, thankfully, previously saved area, and then go back into the water world and try again - this time I was really careful not to try and move the pieces too quickly, and was able to complete the picture.

I have the same problem but do not have a saved game. Do you have a solution? I have a screen shot if you need it.

Go to: