bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Big Kahuna Words forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 18, 08 5:53 PM
Welcome to Big Kahuna Words forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Big Kahuna Words players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Hate the stupid tutorial

[Post New]by lilysue44 on Oct 29, 08 9:31 PM
I downloaded this game and just as quickly uninstalled it. There is apparently no way to escape the tutorial levels, which I found infuriating.

I might have considered playing longer, but I absolutely hate it when game designers try to force you to jump through their hoops. If I want to play the tutorial, I'll play it. Otherwise, just leave me alone to sample the game in the way I see fit.

[Post New]by FLAMEonfire on Feb 9, 09 12:40 PM
IT'S NICE TO SEE A PLACE OF PEOPLE WHO LIKE THE SAME GAME AS I DO! I DO HAVE A QUESTION I HOPE YOU CAN HELP WITH - IN THE GAME IT SAYS THAT YOU CAN DOWNLOAD LEVELS ONLINE. BUT THEY DON'T TELL YOU WHERE OR HOW TO DO IT. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET THE NEW LEVELS FROM???

[Post New]by LIMOLEE on Nov 11, 09 12:16 PM
I LOVE WORD GAMES AND JUST BOUGHT THIS ONE. BUT, I HAVE NO IDEA ON WHAT I AM REALLY DOING. LIKE WHAT IS THE METER FOR ON THE SIDE? WHAT AM I TRYING TO DO, OTHER THAN MAKE LONG WORDS? IN OTHER WORDS, "WHAT'S THE OBJECT OF THE GAME? CAN ANYONE TELL ME.

LEE

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:Welcome to Big Kahuna Words forum

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 28, 10 5:00 AM
The bonus levels that one could download online may no linger exist, same with the Big Kahuha M3 games. There we lots or player designed levels to share on their forum. But that was 5 years ago and I think this past year Reflexive merged with another company and I think that forum is gone last time I tried to find it.

I agree with that annoying tutorial, I just bought the game again this month on BF when I got a new laptop and couldn't reinstall from the club I used to belong to back then. I checked to see if it plays ok on W7 (which it does) and had forgotten how awful that beginning is. But on replays I don't remember it when I finished and wanted to play again, maybe you just go ahead and get out of it faster throwing in the 3 letter dumb words and go on to L2. I do remember finishing but had not gotten all the bonus words but you could go back to levels you had played and pick them all up without playing the whole game again.
Once you get the hang of the gameplay it does get very challenging and I liked getting to just bomb away LOL.

[Post New]by DICKIE588 on Oct 17, 11 6:02 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Big Kahuna Words forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Big Kahuna Words players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.
I am stuck on level 24, can't get rid of the single tile, what to do?

zoeycoco
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by zoeycoco on Oct 3, 12 6:37 PM
Hi, I must be missing something, I don't recall having tutorial levels. I've been playing the timed action and am on level 55 of the 100. Does that mean that what I am playing are tutorials? what happens after level 100. So far this is quite boring, not challenging at all. As for level 24, just keep making words even 3 letter ones and don't try to find the bonus work in this case, just get rid of the tiles. Looking for the bonus word takes too much time at times.

As for installing other levels from the internet. Just click on the address given and download, then go to level editor they'll be there. But fair warning, they're no better than the levels the game came with. I can't figure out a lot about the game, even having read the manual. What's the object, just to make words getting through all the levels, which doesn't take long, it's only day two and I'm half way there. I hope there is something more after level 100, does anyone know????

zoeycoco
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by zoeycoco on Oct 6, 12 7:13 PM
Hi Limolee, go to user manual there's a section in there that gives you a site to get other levels. Only problem is, they're not guaranteeing that they'll work, or something like that, so I haven't taken a chance.

Go to: