ladyblu11
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

Tips to get started

[Post New]by ladyblu11 on Jul 31, 17 6:49 AM
A few basic instructions in the beginning of this game would help. You can watch youtube vid walk-throughs to get an idea of the game play.

Some tips to get started:
1. Objective: to find all the leaves that have scattered with the wind.
2. To start moving around: hover over the edges for left, right and down travel
3. Pick up everything you come across - you will need them later to solve puzzles.
4. Your inventory is found when you hover over the top of screen. You will see a circle - click on it and your inventory will drop down.

If you've played any of the "Myst" games, then this is very similar. Makes you think!

Edited on 07/31/2017 at 7:18:24 AM PST

Re:Tips to get started

[Post New]by BearCreekStables on Jul 31, 17 11:52 AM
For other info such as saving and exit hit your esc button. There is a help button too.

Edited on 07/31/2017 at 11:54:39 AM PST

Petsitterkathy
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by Petsitterkathy on Jul 31, 17 11:54 AM
I don't get this game at all !! I have a couple of items in inventory, but for instance the circles that are blk/wht.... what are we supposed to do? I made them identical to the 3 samples, but nothing happened. I happen to have 1 leaf. No idea how I got it.

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by A1psyko on Jul 31, 17 1:23 PM
Someone in another post suggested youtube. I did go there and it does help. Several different options but I watched 1 and 2 and it did help quite a bit. Sadly the demo time ran out before I got very far. Still debating on a buy or not.

Jude_Rigby
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Jude_Rigby on Jul 31, 17 1:44 PM
Does anyone know if there's any way to turn off the sound? I don't like having it on as I listen to music on my computer while I play but I can't find where to shut it off.

[Post New]by PUZZLED_CA on Aug 3, 17 12:43 AM
How to use the game help --
On the left is a hint the black + white = gray
Imagine placing the two black and white patterns on top of each other.
So if the upper right center is white in both, make it white in the solution board, if one is white and the other black, make it gray, etc.
I started by making the top pattern then applying changes based on the lower pattern. When done correctly, the little red light turns green and the page slides over.

The help seems to only show how to use things you already have (or had).

Also, use the magnifier to find "inhabitants".

APFamily
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by APFamily on Aug 3, 17 5:44 PM
I don't understand why someone would make a game and provide so little instructional information. I guess figuring it out is part of the fun for some? I just find it frustrating.

grabit2
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by grabit2 on Aug 4, 17 1:40 AM
brilliant game! only just found it, and have lost my entire afternoon playing it. ok, it is not always easy... and i admit to being stuck right now, but i really don't mind playing till i figure it out.

mirandashell
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by mirandashell on Aug 5, 17 4:40 AM
I can't get past the first 3 'rooms'.... sigh.

Go to: