irishlavender
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

an improvement suggestion

[Post New]by irishlavender on Jul 31, 17 8:28 PM
Would it be possible to add to "Info" a section where you could see all the boosts you have at every moment?

Edited on 07/31/2017 at 8:42:29 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:an improvement suggestion

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 1, 17 5:12 PM
Hello irishlavender,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you'd like to see in the game as an improvement. It makes sense to have a way for players to see all the boosts they currently have available, before seeing a board or level, and I'd be happy to be sure to provide this to the right teams for their deliberations on the future for the game.

While the Forum Moderation Team is unable to make in-game changes such as this, we are able to provide suggestions and feedback to the right teams who can make those changes. If there are changes made to the game, a moderator will be certain to announce it for our players here in the forums.

Thank you for helping make the game as awesome as it can be. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

maxbridge
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Re:an improvement suggestion - Boosts Inventory List

[Post New]by maxbridge on Aug 3, 17 12:35 PM
Yes please, I have seen this mentioned before , I am sure that would be popular.
Great game - one of my all time favourites..
Thanks.

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Aug 3, 17 4:00 PM
That would be nice!

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Aug 3, 17 4:47 PM
I don't see the advantage of being able to see all the boosts you have in hand as it only matters what boosts you are allowed on that level, the choice of grabbing either 1, 2 or all 3 offered on the way in and the 3 offered below the board any time you want.

What I do find to be a good feature of the game is that you can go in and study the board as many times as you like without losing a heart as long as you exit without making a move. This allows you to make a strategy of which combination of boosts might greatly help you win difficult levels.

I will often play a difficult level a few times without boosts and lose, just so I can see where the tricky parts are. That way I can choose my boosts wisely to maximize the probability of winning with the boosts I have picked. There is nothing worse than burning up boosts and not winning.

My favorite combination of 2 boosts to pick up on the way in is a trinket and a 3 pack of fireworks ( costs ~ 150 coins) (works well if you need a high score and/or have a lot of tiles and blocks to clear). Often you can mate a trinket with a firework 2 or 3 times and really clear a board in a series of major explosions!

Good luck to all.

Cheers.

Edited on 08/03/2017 at 4:54:29 PM PST

BoutjeFedankt
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by BoutjeFedankt on Aug 4, 17 9:16 AM
mpendo wrote:
What I do find to be a good feature of the game is that you can go in and study the board as many times as you like without losing a heart as long as you exit without making a move. This allows you to make a strategy of which combination of boosts might greatly help you win difficult levels.

My favorite combination of 2 boosts to pick up on the way in is a trinket and a 3 pack of fireworks ( costs ~ 150 coins) (works well if you need a high score and/or have a lot of tiles and blocks to clear). Often you can mate a trinket with a firework 2 or 3 times and really clear a board in a series of major explosions!

That is a strategy i use also, i try the very difficult levels mostly with a trinket at the beginning, that is my favorite boost. Sometimes it's a little bit like chess, i try to look 2 or 3 moves forward, if possible even more, although it's a case of luck also offcourse, depending on what fireflies will fall new on the board.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Aug 6, 17 12:38 AM
So true BoujeFedankt..

Me too. My favorite boost of all is trinkets. Totally helpful in almost any board. And such a bargain cost.

As for seeing ahead 2 or 3 moves, beyond me perhaps but yes I do have some intuition as how my fireflies will advance on my board (?). But there no predicting what fireflies will drop from above. So part luck, part skill.

Lovin' this game.

Cheers

Czoe
Herring
Herring
334 Posts

[Post New]by Czoe on Aug 10, 17 12:06 PM
The fireflies are cruel, and often land where you have no chance of getting them without a boost.

I do agree that we should have an inventory available, so as to decide what coins to spend on future boosts.

I am a new player, won a bunch of boosts in the red bug challenge, and can't even see what they are!

Go to: