Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Chase for Adventure 2: The Iron Oracle Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 1, 17 12:39 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 08/01/2017 at 6:32:57 AM PST

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Chase for Adventure 2: The Iron Oracle Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by kgustavson on Aug 1, 17 12:57 AM
Maybe this is a tech issue, but I have super-duper laggy cursor with this sequel which I didn't have with the first game. Really tones down the fun. Win 7 Pro 64-bit.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Chase for Adventure 2: The Iron Oracle Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Aug 1, 17 6:04 AM
In Chase for Adventure: The Lost City, Ann Windsdoe retraced her father's archaeological expedition in Madagascar, where he disappeared over 20 years ago. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to locate her father, and returned to the university empty handed. Ann is eager to embark on another adventure, this time, to locate The Iron Oracle, an ancient device that could be the key to finally locating her beloved father.
The graphics are fairly decent, and I love the different tasks that are required in each level. I still don't see a need for a Collector's Edition in a Time Management game, but I did enjoy finding the Morphing Chameleons and the red, blue and purple Jewels (one morph and one jewel in each level)
As I stated earlier, most of the tasks are kind of different, for example, you have to first find a Shovel to dig up piles of sand, and you have to find a Lantern before you can explore the Ancient Barrows. Some of the sites have a few Camera Icons that are located near important landmarks or other discoveries, and you have to place the camera first, then you have to take the picture, and if there is more than one object to photograph, you'll have to click on the camera again, in order to move it. There are giant stone door disks to move, Sphinxes to explore and even ancient Tombs to explore, so far, I haven't repaired a single bridge!
There are still the familiar tasks of gathering resources such as food and water, or clearing paths of debris such as stones and boulders or fallen trees. You will need to strategically construct the correct buildings that will give you the resources you need such as Tents for more Workers, Sawmills for Wood,Canteens to supply Food, or Pumping Stations for Water. Some supplies are constantly being delivered in small amounts by helicopter, mostly food and water.
There is a Bonus Meter at the bottom of the screen that has to fill up before you can use the power-up icons such as, Faster Workers, Extra Resources etc. There is also a meter at the top, which shows you your level Star position, but any level can be replayed from the map.
Although this isn't one of my favorite Time Management games, I really enjoyed the change of pace tasks available. Personally, I don't have any interest in the CE extras offered, so I will wait patiently for the Standard Edition to be released.
Games Available in this Series:
-CHASE FOR ADVENTURE: The Lost City
-CHASE FOR ADVENTURE 2: The Iron Oracle
This Collector's Edition offers 34 Photo Album pictures, 55 Morphing Chameleons, 45 Collectible Jewels (15 red, 15 blue, 15 purple) a High Scores leader board, 34 Achievements to earn, 8 Concept Art pictures, 8 Wallpapers, a built in Strategy Guide and 10 Bonus CE levels, enjoy!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 1, 17 6:33 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Chase for Adventures 2: The Iron Oracle Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Chase for Adventure 2: The Iron Oracle Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

Furryfury
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Chase for Adventure 2: The Iron Oracle Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Furryfury on Aug 2, 17 12:17 AM
pennmom36 wrote:
The graphics are fairly decent, and I love the different tasks that are required in each level. I still don't see a need for a Collector's Edition in a Time Management game, but I did enjoy finding the Morphing Chameleons and the red, blue and purple Jewels (one morph and one jewel in each level)

Although this isn't one of my favorite Time Management games, I really enjoyed the change of pace tasks available.

I agree, this is a fun and different enough game to make it definitely worthwhile.

I have to add that this game has the same horrible grammar and nonsensical idioms as the last one, FYI. It really takes away from the game, and sometimes it is actually difficult to know what is even being said.

I did not have any lagging cursor problems (Windows 7); however, the game does lag--when I click on something to be done it takes a bit for someone to respond and then they move slowly and in spurts. I think there's too much movement happening on the screen, with the clouds moving overhead and lots of things sparkling, etc. This happens (rarely) in a game, usually when there's a screen with a lot of running water or rain. They should have offered a "no special effects" option or something, since it's a collector's edition and all

Hopefully the lagging issue won't make the game unplayable. Diving back in for more!

EDIT: I am finding that many of the achievements I earned don't show up on the achievements page. Some appear in the middle of the level, but then don't show up in the achievements page--others don't even show up in the middle of the level at all, and also don't show up in the achievements page. And the massive translation issues are continuing to interfere with the story as the game goes on. I really want to like this game...

Edited on 08/02/2017 at 6:47:59 PM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Aug 2, 17 4:23 AM
I found this game to be a lot better than it's predecessor, which was ruined by tiny writing and terrible English/grammar. The devs seem to have addressed the translation issues to some degree and it does read a lot better, however it still needs work.

I played on easy mode and found it a bit repetitive; perhaps a timed mode would be more interesting. There are some different tasks from the usual type in this genre of game; placing cameras to photograph places or artefacts of interest, searching tombs etc. Otherwise it's a fairly standard builder game with some minor changes.

There are jewels to find which stick out like a sore thumb and morphing chameleons that are less easy to spot. There's a built in SG too which is helpful. I didn't note how many levels there were or what the extras consisted of but no doubt someone has done that already.

The major annoyance was the main female character saying "how interesting" in a Barbie-type voice every time you send her to do something. That really started to grate after a while, so turning off voices will be a must for me if I buy the game.

The graphics are bright and colourful, you get the usual type of power-ups like run/work faster and produce/gather extra resources, a shovel to dig up sand etc. and the game ran smoothly with no lagging in either the game or the cursor. Since the sale today means the CE costs the same as the SE, I'm starting August's punch card with this game

No tech issues with the demo. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

Edited on 08/02/2017 at 4:26:59 AM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Aug 2, 17 8:14 AM
@angelfish106

So true, you would think they would run these games through some sort of software program to check for translation issues, or at least hire someone that is knowledgeable. The devs should consider sending their game beta's to our fellow fishy brethren, to let us scan for translation and spelling issues!

lacard
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by lacard on Aug 2, 17 1:04 PM
Before I even started, the cursor was wobbling around the screen. Couldn't really control it. That hasn't happened in ages. So, I un-selected the game cursor. Didn't get the system cursor. The cursor appearance didn't change but it didn't wobble around as much. It's a deal-breaker for me. No way I could play with the timer. Relaxed mode doesn't give any stars. I didn't check to see if there were bonus levels but usually, you need stars to play a bonus level.
The icons for the resources were a tad confusing. The wood and the gold look very similar and I'd have to pay very close attention to what's needed to build and upgrade.
I found the music to be tinny and annoying. The voice-overs also annoying. So mute.
Seems like you really have to follow the developers' specific patterns or else you don't have the resources to finish the level. I restarted the level with the keys three times until I noticed you could build a gold mine. But then, I must have opened the wrong door with the key I had because it wouldn't let me open the next door that had a key in it. Didn't appreciate that. The keys all looked alike. I play for fun not to get a grade. I'm assuming that was a design issue an not a technical one.
A big plus was that you didn't have to send workers to buildings to collect resources. Just wave the cursor --- if it works -- over the items.
Also liked the theme and exploring caves, etc.
I would definitely not buy the collector's edition of this game. Maybe, if I'm desperate for time management I'd buy an SE, if it's released, as the deal of the day.
Win7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Edited on 08/02/2017 at 1:21:26 PM PST

Wolfangels
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by Wolfangels on Aug 4, 17 10:41 AM
Deplovers need to stop pushing games out before they are ready... This one is full of bugs... Level 44 can't be done in gold, it can barly be done with 1 star you can't even find a you tube demo of the level, the SG is messed up ... Three of the achievements don't get awarded... Really sad, but I'm part of the problem, I keep buying the games hoping something will change. My pile of games waiting for updates so they can be finished just keeps growing... I guess there aren't enough people out there care about finishing a game... I'm going to start demanding refunds if updates aren't done in a timely manner .....Some games I've had for over a year ...

Chase for Adventure 2: The Iron Oracle Collector's Edition

[Post New]by tigerfinch on Aug 29, 17 12:58 PM
I consider myself a moderate TM game player. I am totally stuck on lvl 43..there is no way you can collect over 120 of each item before you run out of time and with no stratergy guide yiu end up playing over and over..any one k ow to beat this levwel

thanks

Kirland
Manatee
Manatee
3,699 Posts

[Post New]by Kirland on Dec 29, 17 1:35 PM
I really enjoyed this game. Glad for the updates. One thing I noticed that in the "Extras" there is an "Exposition", I am not qute sure where all 10 artifacts are in the game. I seem be missing 4. I have played "relaxed" and "normal" and was successful in getting through to the end on each mode and collected all the extras expect in the "Exposition".

I wondered if the other four show up in "Expert" mode.

Go to: