Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Deep Sea Quest: Rescue the Lost Mermaid here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 2, 17 12:39 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 08/02/2017 at 6:28:59 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Deep Sea Quest: Rescue the Lost Mermaid here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 2, 17 6:29 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Deep Sea Quest: Rescue the Lost Mermaid here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Deep Sea Quest: Rescue the Lost Mermaid.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Aug 2, 17 11:16 AM
I can't wait to play this game with my 5 year old granddaughter this weekend. This is a game that will be fun for kids, young and old, and even really, really old kids, like myself lol. My granddaughter is always asking to play one of my games, but I have a hard time finding games she can play, because most of them have a lot of reading involved, especially in HOG's, but this is an easy game to figure out even if they can't read the dialog boxes.
When I first started playing the demo, I thought, wow this is far too easy, probably even for the kids. The entire first level (Shallow level) is very easy, and there are only 15-20 large Shells, spaced evenly across the board. All you have to do is click on two different shells, remember which colored gems are under them, and find the matches. You will earn 50 points for each correct match and 200 points when you match the two halves of special items such as diver helmets, various fish and submarines. In the Shallow depth, there are no penalties.
In the Medium Depth levels, Dynamite is introduced. The goal is to match the Dynamite with another Dynamite which gives you 50 points, if you click on a dynamite, and then click on one of the speciality halves such as a fish, nothing will happen, if you click on dynamite and then on a colored gem, the dynamite will explode not only that gem, but all gems of that color, even the ones face down, and 10 points are deducted for every gem that explodes. I did find that if you click on a dynamite and a gem on the first move, no points are deducted because you don't have any points to deduct from yet!
On the Deep depth, the Pirate Skull is introduced, and he's an annoying little bag of bones! If you fail to match the Pirate Skull with his twin counterpart, all the shells will swap places in either a column or a row, depending on which direction the match was made (if you click on the pirate skull and then click on a shell one row under the pirate skull, those two rows will swap. Matching two Pirate Skulls is worth 50 points as well, incorrect matches will deduct 10 points.
Once all shells have been removed, the stats are given as far as the amount of points you earned as well as the number of tries it took you to complete the level. You can replay any level, if you want to try to earn more points, by completing the level in less moves. There is no timer, which would have been a nice option to have, and the points aren't worth anything because there's no Shop to buy Power-up's or Bonuses with.
I didn't complete the demo, because I wanted to wait to play it with my granddaughter, but I'm a little leary about the length of the game in its entirety, because it appears that there are only four depths. I'm hoping there are more depths available in the full version because I already unlocked and played three levels in the demo. If you like memory matching games (did you ever play this game as a kid using two decks of playing cards?) and you want to just chillax or play a game the kids will enjoy too, this one is fairly entertaining, and hopefully, it's a longer game than it appears, enjoy!

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Aug 2, 17 11:24 AM
If anyone has purchased this game, could you give me a shout out, and let me know if there are more than the four levels shown in the demo version?

beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by beckx020 on Aug 10, 17 5:43 AM
nope that's it. less than 40 levels.

Go to: