Daxadillion
Salmon
Salmon
2,916 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Tales: The White Lady Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 3, 17 12:41 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 08/03/2017 at 6:32:25 AM PST

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Tales: The White Lady Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Aug 3, 17 2:22 AM
I could not get the second number on the combination lock drawer in the main entry room to work. You are supposed to go right 9, but it never latched in like the other numbers did. That was the only tech issue I could find. I hope they fix it because I've always liked this game series.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Tales: The White Lady Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by westielover on Aug 3, 17 3:09 AM
I too can't get the 9 to work. Definitely need a fix for this asap. Checked guide, it would appear you need to enter slightly different code

Edited on 08/03/2017 at 3:14:56 AM PST

Anged
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by Anged on Aug 3, 17 3:50 AM
Had the same problem. 5624 worked for me.
I had a problem with the snake lock. The wrong rings would move when I clicked on them.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 3, 17 6:32 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Customer Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

ark161
Clownfish
Clownfish
580 Posts

[Post New]by ark161 on Aug 3, 17 7:37 AM
According the strategy guide in the CE demo, in the school hall there appears to be a glitch: I am supposed to click on something near the ticket counter, where in the game itself there is no such clickable area. Stuck here. Windows 7 Home Premium. Has this happened to anyone else?

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
981 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Aug 3, 17 8:21 AM
The code that you receive in the game for the combination lock didn't work for me also. The code in the strategy guide worked. Win 10.

Anged
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by Anged on Aug 3, 17 9:59 AM
The clickable area appears later in the game.

kaz85802
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by kaz85802 on Aug 3, 17 1:05 PM
I finished the demo and bought the game as I was really enjoying it. The download proceeded as normal, but seemed to stick at the installation stage. My Norton security then flagged an issue with something that the installation was doing and required a restart. I've now tried uninstalling the game completely but it won't reinstall from my purchase history at all. Any help gratefully received - once again it's happened with a game I was really enjoying! Windows 10.

kaz85802
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by kaz85802 on Aug 3, 17 2:40 PM
I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Game Manager, but when I try to access my purchase history, I get error code 1404. I'm out of ideas!

[Post New]by Space_gal on Aug 3, 17 11:08 PM
kaz85802 wrote:I finished the demo and bought the game as I was really enjoying it. The download proceeded as normal, but seemed to stick at the installation stage. My Norton security then flagged an issue with something that the installation was doing and required a restart. I've now tried uninstalling the game completely but it won't reinstall from my purchase history at all. Any help gratefully received - once again it's happened with a game I was really enjoying! Windows 10.

I did not play the demo, but I am getting the same security threat from Norton - SONAR.AM.C!g24 - during install. I am also running Windows 10.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,354 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Aug 4, 17 1:36 AM
Space_gal wrote:
kaz85802 wrote:I finished the demo and bought the game as I was really enjoying it. The download proceeded as normal, but seemed to stick at the installation stage. My Norton security then flagged an issue with something that the installation was doing and required a restart. I've now tried uninstalling the game completely but it won't reinstall from my purchase history at all. Any help gratefully received - once again it's happened with a game I was really enjoying! Windows 10.

I did not play the demo, but I am getting the same security threat from Norton - SONAR.AM.C!g24 - during install. I am also running Windows 10.

I downloaded my first game from BFG in 2007 and to this day I have never had a single virus or any other security issue with any game. My anti-virus (Avast) has had a few bouts of hysterics over one or two games but it turned out to be nothing more than a case of over-reacting by Avast when there was nothing wrong with the games at all. I simply notified Avast and they dealt with it.

It's highly likely your anti-virus is finding a problem where there isn't one

[Post New]by juttawalker on Aug 4, 17 7:32 AM
Hello to all,having the same problem with Norton Sonar to bad had no problem with the free trial,then purchase the game and reloaded the game and Norton pops up

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Aug 4, 17 7:42 AM
I have bought many games from 2014 to today, never had any issues with security, I use McAfee, it runs a virus scan then I down loaded with no issues at all, no pop up what so ever

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 4, 17 8:55 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry that players are experiencing issues with this particular game. I definitely want to help get things up and running and am popping in here with Big Fish Games Help pages that have been known to help resolve these issues.

Thank you Anged for mentioning that the clickable area is later in the game. If you continue to have issues progressing ark161 and abarrett, giving the game the more permissions by running as an administrator may help. Please refer to the following help page:

Run Game as Administrator

kaz85802, in regards to error code 1404, the help page below is specific to this error:

Errors 1400, 1401, 1402, and 1404

For players that are seeing virus messages, please note that Big Fish Games are guaranteed virus free. Our games are thoroughly tested before they are released to the public. The false messages that players are seeing is generally due to the anti virus programs updating their definition files. We take these situations very seriously and would like users who see this message to reach out to our Customer Support Team with the following information:

1) The game name.
2) The name of the antivirus company.
3) The message alert.
4) The file that was being detected. The name of the file might end with .exe.

For more information, see the following help page:

Virus Messages

Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to any of the moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

Bar80
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Bar80 on Aug 5, 17 4:01 AM
Same Norton issue here - I can't even get it to install - keeps saying installation failed. Very frustrating. I played the demo with no problem.

If nothing works, I want my money back. This is a little ridiculous...

jdlane32
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jdlane32 on Aug 5, 17 7:03 AM
Also having the same Norton issue. I realize that Big Fish guarantees virus free downloads, and I also have been downloading games for a very long time without a problem, but there's a first time for everything. Rather than take a chance, I'll send my info dump from Norton to Big Fish and let them take a look. Hopefully there will be a resolution quickly. Too many of us are experiencing the same warning message.

ETA: I notified Big Fish about the problem and included the Norton info dump. They promptly responded saying they would work with Norton to get it resolved, AND gave me a coupon code for a new game! So, thank you Big Fish for your wonderful customer service. Hopefully the issue will be resolved soon.

Edited on 08/06/2017 at 5:42:34 AM PST

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Aug 6, 17 1:25 AM

Same thing is happening to me!!!!! I purchased the CE vermillion and that loaded just fine. Norton will not let me download it to the game manager grrrrr.
Said virus detected and has some weird name to it lol. error 801100.

If anyone has a solution to this please advise.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Aug 6, 17 1:28 AM
The demo played perfect for me. but not now.

angelfish106 wrote:
Space_gal wrote:
kaz85802 wrote:I finished the demo and
bought the game as I was really enjoying it. The download proceeded as normal, but seemed to stick at the installation stage. My Norton security then flagged an issue with something that the installation was doing and required a restart. I've now tried uninstalling the game completely but it won't reinstall from my purchase history at all. Any help gratefully received - once again it's happened with a game I was really enjoying! Windows 10.

I downloaded my first game from BFG in 2007 and to this day I have never had a single virus or any other security issue with any game. My anti-virus (Avast) has had a few bouts of hysterics over one or two games but it turned out to be nothing more than a case of over-reacting by Avast when there was nothing wrong with the games at all. I simply notified Avast and they dealt with it.

It's highly likely your anti-virus is finding a problem where there isn't one

hogfan
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by hogfan on Aug 6, 17 3:59 PM
SquirrelGirrrl wrote:I could not get the second number on the combination lock drawer in the main entry room to work. You are supposed to go right 9, but it never latched in like the other numbers did. That was the only tech issue I could find. I hope they fix it because I've always liked this game series.

You don't go right to the number nine - you go right nine spaces.

Go to: