CheriRN7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Update for Wanderland

[Post New]by CheriRN7 on Aug 4, 17 1:55 PM
When is the new update for Wanderland coming available?

tia6cat
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

Re:Update for Wanderland

[Post New]by tia6cat on Aug 4, 17 2:49 PM
Good question, the developers seem to have given up on us. Maybe they want us to spend more.

Oldboyracer
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by Oldboyracer on Aug 5, 17 9:10 PM
A bit cynical tia but I can understand that considering the problems you've been having. I'm more inclined to think that the devs may be having difficulties curing all the glitches. Bear in mind not all are experiencing the same problems so the game program itself is OK but it's the way it interacts with different operating systems & software that would appear to be the problem. It would be a bit silly to update to include more portals etc. which could also bring forth more glitches hence more complaints. Saying that we do not know now much time the devs have to throw at a free to play game, they have to make a living so are also working projects they can market.
Just my take on it.

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Aug 6, 17 2:54 AM
OK, my worth: there will be NO more updates. Sure, Moderators et al do not know, but it's been too long. If you check the history of updates, they occurred very frequently - the last one two months after the prior one. One main item that points to no more updates is the problem with the ships. The programmers were notified of the problem(s) a VERY long time ago by the Moderators and it still isn't fixed. I'm sure with all the bugs and at an end of quests, people are spending less real money. That would seem there is no incentive for an update by the programmers. On the other hand, maybe people are spending more real money to work around the problems. Again - no incentive for an update. Oh well, hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

Edited on 08/06/2017 at 2:55:51 AM PST

Oldboyracer
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by Oldboyracer on Aug 6, 17 6:12 AM
Hi Fred, you may be right but as you say I hope your not. As far as Wanderland is concerned I'm trying to be a bit optimistic. The point I was trying to make is not everyone is having the same problems. For me the game has run perfect except when the odd global problem has occurred, losing connection to the sever for instance. We have all downloaded the same program so the only variable is the PC on which the program sits. I'm no programmer so do not understand how this can cause problems.
According Microsoft everything that worked on Windows 7, 8 etc. would be fully compatible with Windows 10, well this wasn't true & I speak from experience - not a game problem. Later I was updated from build 1511 to 1604 (I think that was the number) & this gave me all sorts of problems with Wanderland so reinstalled build 1511 & been playing happily ever since. Now they're pushing the 1703 build which is non reversible so holding off until I do an image backup in case of problems.
I feel a little sorry for the devs as they're in a no win situation at the moment. Having gone to the trouble of re designing 3 of the portals I would like to think that Wanderland has a future.
Living in hope

JulietxJules
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by JulietxJules on Aug 6, 17 7:01 AM
I have had no real problems since I started playing Wanderland. The only recurring, but solvable glitch I experience is where no reward is listed under the current quest. However, this is easily rectified by simply shutting the game down and restarting it. Apart from that my game runs smoothly despite any recent updates from Microsoft. As to this game's longevity, I will say this: I used to play "Dark Manor" a while back and the devs had already announced that future updates would no longer be forth-coming and effectively, the game was dead. There has been no such announcments regarding this game which leads me to think that maybe the future is still in the balance and highly moot. For any free to play game which is subsidised and supported by spontaneous monetary contributions from the people playing it, there exists a gamble which in the end doesn't really pay off simple because the game is inherently free.

MagentaRose
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by MagentaRose on Aug 17, 17 4:41 PM
The game was first introduced in November 2014 - some "free to play" games have a long life, sadly others don't. Hopefully this game will have a long life with future updates.

[Post New]by eyesdonthaveit on Oct 19, 17 9:40 AM
I really like this game although it frustrates me. I purchased it, then because of glitches they refunded me. I wouldn't mind purchasing a new updated, without glitches game if they came out with one. JS

Edited on 10/19/2017 at 9:42:10 AM PST

[Post New]by tinyminimoo on Nov 29, 17 12:11 AM
Well !!!!!!
ive been waiting and waiting for updates and still none arrive,
What is the point of playing a game when things dont work in it. The portals all are locked inside so you cant do the puzzels.
Its almost christmas and we didnt even have an update for halloween.
Any issues are not solved by tech ,so why continue to advertise the game ????
oh yes i know ,lots of people are silly enough to spend money to get on further on thinking they will progress only to find the problems are still there.
So Tech Dep why cant you get intouch with the Developers,and finally ask them to do updates to make the game work properly and give the folks the game they like to play ????
There really is NO point in playing if things dont change in it ,,complete waste of time,ive been playing for almost a year hoping every day things will change and they dont.
New players dont waste your time ,breath ,or money on this game

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 29, 17 12:45 PM
Hello Everyone,

It appears that players are wondering if we have details regarding any updates to the game, Wanderland, and also is beginning to discuss technical issues in general. I wanted to swim by real fast to let players know what we do know currently in regards to updates to this game.

Currently, the Forum Moderation Team has not received information regarding an upcoming update or the content of those possible updates. If we receive any information regarding an update to this game, you can be sure a moderator will make an announcement so all of our players will be able to see what was updated.

There appears to be issues that some players are continuing to experience. If our Support Team was unable to assist, this might mean that there needs to be an update made available to address those concerns. When this situation occurs, the appropriate teams are provided as much information as we can provide regarding what is happening and being experienced by players. This is used by those teams to provide updates to address those impacts. This means that we will need to wait for those teams to get this to our players to address those issues. Thank you for understanding and I hope that these described issues are able to be addressed by the right teams sooner rather than later.

In the meantime, don't hesitate to contact our Customer Support Team should you be running into a technical issue with this game, especially one that inhibits you from your purchases or seems to have removed your progress. While our Reps have limited tools for this specific game, they will certainly do their best to assist and will get back in touch as soon as they can.

Since this seems to be discussing technical issues in general, please feel free to continue that conversation on the thread designated for this purpose below:

Please post your TECH ISSUES for Wanderland here

This helps both the teams behind the game as well as moderators better understand the impacts of player reported issues. It also helps more rapidly respond to those reports. Thank you for understanding.

Thank you all as well for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: