Daxadillion
Salmon
Salmon
2,779 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vermillion Watch: Order Zero Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 5, 17 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 08/05/2017 at 8:29:03 AM PST

bfgBeruna
1,129 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vermillion Watch: Order Zero Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 5, 17 8:28 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility (Computer)
Run Game as Administrator

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Customer Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBeruna

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
207 Posts

Game did not save my profile

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Aug 5, 17 11:06 AM
I only played for a short while, and then when I tried to exit, the only option I had was to create a new profile and my original wasn't saved. I am glad I only played the first chapter. Windows 10

Edited on 08/05/2017 at 11:06:34 AM PST

bfgBeruna
1,129 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vermillion Watch: Order Zero Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 5, 17 11:41 AM
Hello kaitlinn,

I'm sorry your game isn't saving properly and am swimming by to provide troubleshooting help.

I'd recommend running the game with administrator permissions first. This will ensure the game has access to all of the resources it needs to save progress. I've included a help page with those instructions below.

If those steps don't help, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide more support.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

MaryCricket
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

Game did not save my profile

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Aug 5, 17 1:48 PM
kaitlinn wrote:I only played for a short while, and then when I tried to exit, the only option I had was to create a new profile and my original wasn't saved. I am glad I only played the first chapter. Windows 10

Do you have more than one user on your computer?

nanafraser
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Aug 5, 17 1:52 PM
kaitlinn I used to have that problem too! I have W10 also. But for some reason I didn't have it this time, I did nothing different. So sorry your dealing w/ this! Im sure others are having this problem, but for some reason they dont put in the tech issues, I wish they would. cause BF blames it on our computers. & Im the only user on my computer!

Edited on 08/05/2017 at 1:53:55 PM PST

bfgBeruna
1,129 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 5, 17 3:07 PM
Hello nanafraser,

I'm so sorry to hear that the game isn't saving properly for you, either. I'm swimming over to offer some assistance.

Below are the help pages for how to run a game with administrator permissions.

When a game freezes, we recommend giving it administration permissions to ensure it can access all of the resources it needs to run smoothly. It has helped other customers with the same problem.

If those steps don't work, further research into the matter will need to be conducted, so please contact our Technical Support Team. Since the game and the computer aren't cooperating as they should, some of the solutions the Support Team present might involve changing settings on your computer. I want to assure that the suggestions are made not because something's wrong with the computer but because making small adjustments can lead us to the source of the problem. The Support Team respects your time and wants to resolve issues as quickly as they can, too.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

cestqui
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by cestqui on Aug 5, 17 9:05 PM
Playing on Mac (OS 10.11.x). In Ch. 3, Museum (HOP M per guide). Can only find 2/6 items (one of the 4 remaining is a complex item). Have clicked over entire screen. Cursor does not change to indicate anything can be done, and none of the items evident or found by random clicking.

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
207 Posts

compatibility mode/administrator change - now Game Mgr issues

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Aug 6, 17 7:24 AM
Kaitlinn here again....changed compatibility mode to Window Service Pack as recommended (it had been set to Windows 8 by default), and then changed to run as administrator. Now the game manager won't open the game.

and I am the only user on this computer.

Edited on 08/06/2017 at 7:24:45 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 6, 17 7:45 AM
Hi cestqui and kaitlinn,

Thank you for taking the time to post in this thread what is being experienced when trying to play this game. I definitely want to help get things up and running and wanted to also provide some help pages that have been known to resolve these issues.

cestqui, please refer to the following help page that is specific to the Mac system. It is essential to ensure that everything is up to date on your computer.

Mac Game Troubleshooting

kaitlinn, thank you for trying the suggested troubleshooting steps. Since you mentioned Windows 10, adjusting your screen resolution has been an effective workaround. Please refer to the following steps:

1) Lower the screen resolution. This is normally 1900x1080, switch to something lower such as 1600x1200.
2) Launch the game.
3) Exit the game.
4) Revert back to preferred resolution.

If issues continue to persist, please reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team has the appropriate tools to provide further assistance.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to any of the moderators through the private messaging system. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Aug 6, 17 7:59 AM
@Kaitlinn
Try taking it off administrator mode and open it with just the compatability mode.
I changed one of my games to run as administrator once and it just wouldn't play, so that is probably why you can't open it at the minute.

Just a note in relation to the resolution fix that the mod has provided-
For the screen resolution thing, I am usually the one spreading it around but I'm not sure that it will work for you.
I usually post it to people who can't open their game at all because of windows 10, however you have previously been able to open yours and can't now because you changed some of the settings.
As for your original problem of the game not saving your progress, the resolution fix has no precedent of fixing this problem, it is just for games that won't play at all.

I think the mod recommended this fix to you because they saw that you couldn't open the game, not realising that you had changed settings and could previously.

Anyway I could be wrong so please give it a try and report back, I'd love to know.
Try the compatibility mode thing without the administrator mode.
I have definitely heard of the progress issue before and someone that has solved it but I can't remember where so maybe also look in tech solutions page to see if there is anything there.

Anyway, good luck! I really hope you get this sorted.

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
207 Posts

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Aug 6, 17 9:17 AM
Thank you Sazoria.

While I did try changing the compatibility mode and running both as an admin and then not; still couldn't open the game from either the game mgr or file explorer.

I remembered trying your fix with the screen resolution once before, and it worked.

So then I went back to the previous Vermillion Watch game I played and checked the settings, and it was also set to compatibillity for Win 8, and it played, so I went back to this new game, changed back to Win 8 compatibility (even though I use Win 10), and lowered the screen resolution and voila! The game opened in Game Mgr.

I then had to create a new profile, but I used the same profiled name as before, and lo and behold it HAD saved my game. I am happy now that I can play, but how funky is that? Final settings win 8 compatibility, not run as admin, resolution 1600 x 900.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Aug 6, 17 9:47 AM
@kaitlinn
Wow, that is some weird glitch, that you have to go through those processes just to get this game to save your progress!

Well anyway, I'm glad that you got to play your game.
I'll remember the whole -creating a profile with the same name in order to get your progress back- thing, in case anybody else has the same issue.

Happy gaming
Sazoria.

cestqui
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by cestqui on Aug 6, 17 10:43 AM
@bfgBaruna, my software is up to date. I reviewed the information on the linked page. There were no problems installing or playing through to this point in Chapter 3, so I'm reluctant to uninstall and reinstall and create a new player profile. This appears to be a scene-specific glitch/technical problem. Any other ideas/suggestions?
Thanks!

riverdiver
Shark
Shark
11,420 Posts

[Post New]by riverdiver on Aug 6, 17 10:50 AM
cestqui wrote:Playing on Mac (OS 10.11.x). In Ch. 3, Museum (HOP M per guide). Can only find 2/6 items (one of the 4 remaining is a complex item). Have clicked over entire screen. Cursor does not change to indicate anything can be done, and none of the items evident or found by random clicking.

cestqui, sorry for the late reply, but I hardly come to the forum before I've finished a game.
Hope you have found out by now. In this HOP, candle and axe are clues, you can scroll to the right. Et voilà!

cestqui
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by cestqui on Aug 6, 17 11:16 AM
riverdiver wrote:
cestqui wrote:Playing on Mac (OS 10.11.x). In Ch. 3, Museum (HOP M per guide). Can only find 2/6 items (one of the 4 remaining is a complex item). Have clicked over entire screen. Cursor does not change to indicate anything can be done, and none of the items evident or found by random clicking.

cestqui, sorry for the late reply, but I hardly come to the forum before I've finished a game.
Hope you have found out by now. In this HOP, candle and axe are clues, you can scroll to the right. Et voilà!

I had not discovered that. Will try now and THANK YOU, RiverDiver!

cestqui
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by cestqui on Aug 6, 17 11:20 AM
riverdiver wrote:

And that did it! I had even moved the cursor to the right but as no arrow appeared, thought that was a bust. Hadn't tried "pushing" the screen to scroll. Thanks again, RiverDiver

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 7, 17 8:38 AM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to pop in here and thank everyone for taking the time to not only post their issue in this thread but to also offer hints and suggestions. It looks like players were able to get back into their game and progress.

Happy gaming everyone! Please do not hesitate to reach out to any of the moderators if you have any questions. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by spotster on Aug 10, 17 2:54 PM
I've entered Ahab's ship and am fighting against the girl. I keep trying to hit and kick her, but can't get past this point. I'm on the easiest level, and playing on a PC.

[Post New]by Bruhamom on Aug 12, 17 5:27 PM
I can't pick up the blow gun. The hand appears to pick it up but it's not there. I've tried exiting and restarting and clicking in the general help area. Just wondering if anyone else had the same problem, please help. I have a pc windows 8

Go to: