Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Vermillion Watch: Order Zero Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 5, 17 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 08/05/2017 at 8:24:42 AM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Vermillion Watch: Order Zero Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Aug 5, 17 5:46 AM
This game has incredible graphics! The introduction of the "OZ" character names was a bit lame, but I'm so impressed with the details and graphics. I even found the HOP's to have some well hidden objects, that aren't just objects heaped into junkpiles

cheekyoops
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Vermillion Watch: Order Zero Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by cheekyoops on Aug 5, 17 6:09 AM
I'm not too far into the game and just encountered a 2nd puzzle/mini game that can't be skipped. I play hidden object games to look for, you know, hidden objects, not play puzzles. This game is a no play for me.

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Aug 5, 17 6:18 AM
I have the 1st game in this series and really liked it. This one however, locked up in the middle of the game as the bunch from Oz turned into zombies?? Can't deal with that.

tsenones
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by tsenones on Aug 5, 17 7:20 AM
Why do we have to read posts under the game when it is selected from "experts" who constantly put down the storyline or the concept. First review I read tells the developers that they should add other western characters. I think these review belong here in the Forum and not there. Reviewers forget that many of these companies are not based in the US and don't play to our information. Also I'm tired of the reviewers blasting the helpers in the games. They are part of the game storyline and if you don't like the helper don't play the game. Stop blasting them in your review. You want to mention it has a helper that's fine, but every time a helper comes up the games we now get a review that blasts the helper.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 5, 17 8:24 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Vermillion Watch: Order Zero Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Vermillion Watch: Order Zero Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Aug 5, 17 8:35 AM
I for one, love this newer series, and the demo was able to hold my attention, however, the storyline isn't quite as good as the previous two games in the series. Vermillion Watch doesn't disappoint when it comes to graphics, this game has some of the best graphics I've ever seen! I knew the graphics were going to be good when the opening scene showed a close-up of the raven blinking. Far too often, the animals portrayed in these games have jilted movements, and walk without moving their limbs, as they glide across the ground. The Giant Schnauzer in this game actually moves realistically and even runs out of the room like an actual dog would at that pace. The only grief I have with this episode, is with the lame character names, based upon the Wizard of Oz. I get it, the game is all about the introduction of the American, Order Zero or OZ, team, but SG is spot on, with this assessment. It seems to me, that this game loosely represents Jules Verne, the Father of Science Fiction, and even Captain Nemo is mentioned, so why did they use characters from the Wizard of Oz?
The Red Queen is at it again, always calling the shots from behind the scenes, always one step ahead of Young Hawkes (who will soon be referred to as Old Hawkes) and Phileas Fogg! During the last investigation, there was an unusual amount of robberies, and the Vermillion Watch has been asked to accompany Charles Marlow, the Verne museum curator, as he delivers an Egyptian treasure to its unveiling party hosted by the wealthy Lord Kingsbury. Hawkes discovers that the Watch isn't the only secret organization interested in this organized crime ring, when he meets Dorothy and her undercover cohorts.
The Hidden Object Scenes aren't all that creative, but I will give them kudos on the fact that they were able to stump me a few times, because some of the objects are either well hidden or cleverly blended into another object. There are Multiple finds of Objects pertaining to a Riddle, Keywords in Sentences, and Listed item finds, and most of the HOP's have a Morphing Object. I love Morphing Objects, but I hate it when the Morphs are only offered within the HOP's. One of my must have features in a game used to be Morphs, but lately I've had to give up on this feature because Morphs that are available in each scene, seem to be a thing of the past. If you love Morphs, and you love a challenge, you should try some of the earlier Dark Parables, which have non-linear Morphs that don't morph in the scene until it has been triggered by an action in a completely different scene, now that's creativity!
Some of the Mini Games are awesome, but there are far too many Target games where you click when the target is in the green zone. (these are just too easy and not really fun) Below are brief descriptions of some of the games you'll encounter during the demo:
1) Select and rotate the rings to uncover the correct number of each symbol, as indicated on the clue.
2) Stop the moving circle when it turns a ring green.
3) Select and drag a continuous line between all of the dots without crossing over any flowers.
4) Stop the blue lines when they are on the artifact.
5) Create your disguise by selecting the correct mask pieces based on the photo.
6) Guide the token through the maze using directional arrows. The token will glow green the closer you get.
VERMILLION WATCH GAMES AVAILABLE
Title***Collector's Edition Release Date***Average Rating
-Fleshbound (December 31-16) 3.7
-Moorgate Accord (June 23-16) 3.8
-Order Zero (August 5-17) n/a
This Collector's Edition has 15 Achievements to earn, 9 Concept Art pictures, 9 Wallpapers, 9 Dev pictures, 13 Movie Videos, 12 Music Soundtracks, 14 Morphing Objects within the HOP's, replayable Hidden Object Scenes, a Souvenir Room, 31 replayable Mini Games, 42 Hidden Stars, a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter, enjoy!

Foxy57
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Foxy57 on Aug 5, 17 8:50 AM
Graphics are very good as usual with this serie. However I am a bit puzzle by all these characters who do not seem to belong together. Even Admiral Ahad has a scar on the left side of his face at the beginning of the game and it was on the right side at the end of the demo ??? Should not happen with such professionnals..

Sorry no buy for me.. Maybe some others will like it..

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Aug 5, 17 10:54 AM
Hello, friends! As always, I mostly review on the game play and leave the story line to others who do a much better job than I. We have #3 in this wonderful series, and this addition does not disappoint. This game has excellent graphics, very clear, with bright clear true colors. Game play was excellent, I found no glitches or lag time between scenes, and animation was very smooth and nicely done, with realistic movements. The game fit my large screen quite well. Excellent voice overs, very well done and dialog can be clicked through if you read faster than they speak. They are age and character appropriate, and showed emotion in their face and voice, e.g., anger, fear, sarcasm and just plain nasty when needed. The music was well done, when we had it. Sound FX are exceptionally well done, but the game seemed a bit quieter than others in this series.

HOPs are nicely done, with highlighted words; interactive lists and item pictures to combine. The scenes are clear and items are not difficult to find. I did not see that you could switch to something else if you didn't care for the HOPs. There are morphing items in the HOPs. These are not that easy to spot either, so be on the lookout for them, as they are somewhat small and morph very quickly. Some of the puzzles were quite challenging and took some time and thought to complete. Not as simple as they looked. Hint system is helpful and it does transport to longer locations. Because of this wonderful feature, I didn't even look at the jump map. You don't do a great deal of back tracking, but there is some.

Again, the collectibles were a little disappointing. All I found were very large stars. They could be solid or outlines, but none were difficult to find. Didn't see anything else, but the game could have used a bit more in this department.

As I said before, I usually always just review on the game play and not the story line, but I need to say something about this one. Again, I really like how this story starts out by giving you some highlights from the last game in the series. It leads you into a new story, but explains a bit as to why these people are here and what they do. I found this story entertaining and a little different. We have a really fun combination of characters in this game, e.g., Captain Nemo (who is now a woman), Dorothy and all the Oz gang, Ahab, Fogg, etc. It is full of action, adventure and enough challenge to keep you interested and wanting more. This series just keeps getting better and better. As you may know, I rarely give a game 5 stars. It has to be exceptional in all areas for that. The only reason I did not give this one 5, is because I felt the collectibles needed something more, and we needed a bit more dialog. Still, I gave this game a 4.75. I think all levels of players will find this one interesting, fun and challenging. Yes, I am going to add it to my collection.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Aug 5, 17 1:55 PM
It seems to be one of Epix better games, & Im not a fan of Epix!

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Aug 5, 17 3:15 PM
My initial reaction to this demo is ...there's certainly a lot going on. I don't understand the references to "helpers", as there are none, at least in the demo...the team from OZ are characters in the game, not helpers. I actually found this demo pretty challenging; it took me 65 minutes to complete, which is 20 minutes longer than most demos these days. I cheated & used the strategy guide to locate a couple of the morphs, as they were tiny, & unless you had an inkling of what to look for, pretty hard to spot. The collectible stars were more obvious, though a couple were pretty well concealed. The HO scenes were nothing new, but pretty well done, as a lot of the items took some real looking for. The mini-games, I thought, were pretty good; the "paper folding" one had me going long enough that I almost skipped it, but couldn't quite bring myself to. The storyline looks like a real mash-up, but the locations to be investigated look pretty intriguing. All in all, I think I want this game. I don't know if I want the CE, because this dev doesn't exactly go overboard w/ collectibles, & you never know if the bonus chapter will be any good...but I have to admit, w/ the sale on, I'm thinking about it. As for the sale itself, I hope it's not an indicator that straight-up BOGO sales are a thing of the past now.

momsford
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by momsford on Aug 5, 17 7:06 PM
I didn't like it. Too many interactions with the characters, especially when you're playing the demo and most of your time is spent hitting the Exit button.

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Aug 6, 17 10:50 AM
Here is my review short and sweet - AWESOME game. I have found this game to be very challenging at times... there is really NO hand holding. I'm enjoying the mini games (some new styles) and am enjoying the HO scenes (not junkpiles, and some items difficult to spot).
So, if you want to have to think, resolve/complete scenes on your own by searching/finding clues, then you will love this game.
Enjoy!

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on Aug 6, 17 5:30 PM
tsenones wrote:Why do we have to read posts under the game when it is selected from "experts" who constantly put down the storyline or the concept. First review I read tells the developers that they should add other western characters. I think these review belong here in the Forum and not there. Reviewers forget that many of these companies are not based in the US and don't play to our information. Also I'm tired of the reviewers blasting the helpers in the games. They are part of the game storyline and if you don't like the helper don't play the game. Stop blasting them in your review. You want to mention it has a helper that's fine, but every time a helper comes up the games we now get a review that blasts the helper.

I haven't seen a helper mentioned in the reviews here today so I'm not sure where this is coming from.

Many people, myself included, do not like helpers and we have as much right as anyone else that does a review to mention that we don't care for them. It's a cheap, easy way for developers to solve "problems" when there are other ways to do so. If nothing else, they should give the option to play with or without helpers.

But please don't tell me I don't have the right to complain about them.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Aug 6, 17 6:21 PM
leapfrog0202 wrote:
tsenones wrote:Why do we have to read posts under the game when it is selected from "experts" who constantly put down the storyline or the concept. First review I read tells the developers that they should add other western characters. I think these review belong here in the Forum and not there. Reviewers forget that many of these companies are not based in the US and don't play to our information. Also I'm tired of the reviewers blasting the helpers in the games. They are part of the game storyline and if you don't like the helper don't play the game. Stop blasting them in your review. You want to mention it has a helper that's fine, but every time a helper comes up the games we now get a review that blasts the helper.

I haven't seen a helper mentioned in the reviews here today so I'm not sure where this is coming from.

Many people, myself included, do not like helpers and we have as much right as anyone else that does a review to mention that we don't care for them. It's a cheap, easy way for developers to solve "problems" when there are other ways to do so. If nothing else, they should give the option to play with or without helpers.

But please don't tell me I don't have the right to complain about them.

Completely agree! Thanks for this.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Aug 6, 17 9:56 PM
SIGH - not for me this game. Something about it just did not appeal to me. so will pass on this, and carry on re-playing my current games. Last few have not been that appealing to me, although I have bought a couple just to have a new game, but I won't buy this.

It plays well and graphics are awesome, but just not to my liking. oh well. Maybe next week will have something that will appeal to me. Personal taste, I guess.

Enjoy the game to those of you who are enjoying it.

pcpat923
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by pcpat923 on Aug 7, 17 6:36 PM
A big zero for this game. Another EIPIX travesty. No story but lots of bells and whistles to smoke screen that the game is again seriously lacking. Now we have the old Wizard of Oz characters. Devs are so bankrupt in their story writing that including the much loved Dorothy and gang is an obvious desperate reach rather than come up with something original. Along with the terrible game, why do reviewers have to write a gazillion paragraphs exclaiming the wonders of every terrible game? It's kinda like the game--all noise with little substance. Less is more.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Aug 8, 17 1:24 AM
What a mess of a game this is; meeting Dorothy, Toto, Tin Man and Scarecrow, one would imagine an 'Oz' type game and then up pops Ms Nemo, daughter of the infamous Captain from a completely different story. No doubt other mis-matched characters are introduced but I didn't stay around to find out.

Didn't get this story at all; I loved the first 'Vermillion Watch' but as usual after a first excellent game, Eipix manage to make each subsequent game in the series exactly like every other game in every other series.

Like a tired old house, Eipix need to throw out most of what's been hanging around too long and replace it with something fresh and exciting. All that stale old clutter has to go before they disappear underneath it.

No tech issues with what I played of the demo (which wasn't much). Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Aug 8, 17 2:11 AM
Having now completed the game, I found I had some issues w/ it; not tech issues, but gameplay & storyline issues. There were a number of things I thought didn't function well, & the storyline, I don't even want to comment on...just smh. EDIT: As to the gameplay issues, what I mean to say is issues w/ the mechanics of some things, such as there being a lot of clicking & dragging, both in mini-games & in some of the HO scenes, or things that didn't function well, such as a star in the bonus chapter that's very difficult to collect while playing (at first I thought it was impossible to do so, but I finally figured out how). There were other things as well, but I just wanted to modify my original broad statement w/ a couple of specifics. Oddly enough, though, I've replayed it a couple times at this point, & the more I replay it, the more I like it...go figure.

Edited on 08/10/2017 at 9:19:32 PM PST

[Post New]by frumpyoen on Aug 9, 17 5:36 PM
This game is so bad that I couldn't finish it. Not that I didn't want to. I got stuck on 2 puzzles for which there was no skip option...the floor panel with the symbols and the bubble machine. I gave up. I will never buy a game in this series again.

Additionally, the story line is much too complex to enjoy.

I am sorry I spent money on this.

Go to: